The Truth of Keisha's Past

Midoriya fell back to the ground, not able to stay up any longer more than of the less powerful kick delivered to his side. He knew Keisha had gradually began to decrease the power of his kicks, most likely to tease Midoriya, but Midoriya was more tired than embarrassed to be beat by such half-hearted attempts: he just wanted to rest like he had never before.

"Izuku? Are you finished already?" Midoriya didn't even bother to grunt in response as his eyes rolled back, and despite the blindfold being black, he could see the black static in his eyes that was slowly aiding him into drifting into unconsciousness. "Aren't you embarrassed of being beat by someone lesser than you?" Midoriya kept gasping for air, remembering this moment all to well.

"Come on, Izuku. You can't be bested by someone lesser than you!"

"Less...er?! How...Do you...See yourself as...Lesser?!" Midoriya asked between pants, trying his best to make the ache in his chest stop as he gulped in air greedily, slumped on the floor and uncomfortably trying to shift around the restrains to weaken them in any way, feeling bruises form under the tightly tied ropes. Keisha didn't respond for a few seconds, and Midoriya didn't push him, unable to do so while being almost completely breathless. Finally, Keisha spoke, and Midoriya couldn't help but let his eyes, which were no longer hidden behind a blindfold Keisha had taken off him by then, shock evident on his face.

"You're not weakling, Keisha. Don't make me try and be sympathetic to you again." Midoriya grunted, placing his tied-up hands beneath him and shakily standing up, using all his power to not collapse on the spot. "There are so many strengths to your flaws, it makes up for the flaw fully. No one could have ever guessed from simply looking at you, you know?" Midoriya hated himself for it, but Keisha and he were very similar. This was just another example of it, even if it was two opposite problems.

"I have a powerful quirk I hate using because it can so easily kill people, and I can so easily control others. It makes me even more of a villain than I am already. And you, despite being quirkless, despite being shunned by society, have risen to the top more than any other villains with powerful quirks had." Midoriya grit his teeth before speaking again, feeling sweat streak down the side of his face as his knew shook even more underneath him. "We are different, and yet the same. And while I was with the heroes, they taught me just how much I can do with the quirk I had called a curse! I saw so many other people with quirks that could easily be considered as disastrous, and yet they used them genuinely!" Midoriya stumbled on the spot, but did his best to stand. He had longed to say this for so long, he felt like he was going to burst if he didn't.

"You're not much different from me as I am not much different from you! I hate admitting it, so fucking hell, take me seriously this once! Who cares if some shitty parent told you were nothing, they were shittier than you were, and that's a lot to go by! I'm not saying you should change your ways, become a better person or all that crap that a hero would say, because right now, I'm a villain! And if you keep pulling this bullshit, you're gonna make me feel like I'm wasting my time and effort fighting against a weakling like you! You're no weakling, aren't you?! Are you a weakling, Keisha?!" Midoriya slumped and panted as he felt his strength leaving him, gasping for air from the previous long lecture before letting out groan and letting himself collapse, completely exhausted.

He had meant to buy time, and he did, but this was different. It wasn't just a distraction it was meant to be, it was something Midoriya knew both he and the villain he had seen as almost a father to him during the time they spent together needed. He just hoped his words got through to him.

And with that thought, he let himself slip into unconsciousness.

_________________