Mizuki Nikushimi

To say Midoriya was shocked was an understatement, but it was completely wiped out by Bakugo's wide eyes as he gaped at Midoriya in confusion and shock.

"K-K...Kacchan! What are you...Um...D-doing here?" Midoriya stuttered as his eyes widened at the sight of the blond.

"I could ask you the same thing, but I clearly saw how the villain snatched you into a portal and brought you to a janitor's closet." Bakugo scoffed, the action half-hearted as he tried to process what he had witnessed.

"Kacchan, I–"

"How many times has this happened before?" Bakugo asked, his voice stern as he narrowed his eyes, shaking his head in disbelief. "I mean, this probably isn't the first time, isn't it? That time, when you came much later than I did after I took you to the café, that happened then, didn't it?" Bakugo waited for an answer, but by how Midoriya's expression tensed and how he pursed his lips, Bakugo could tell he wasn't wrong.

"Dammit, nerd! They could've taken you away! Killed you! For all we know, they could've forced you back into villainy, or worse, simply lock you up somewhere and torture you!" Bakugo let his hand pass through his hair, trying to calm down as he continued to shake his head in disbelief. "Do you not have any self-preservation skills whatsoever?!" Midoriya was completely tense by the time Bakugo finished his harangue, and Bakugo couldn't help but hesitate as he saw the partially hurt expression Midoriya had etched on his face.

"I...I didn't want to...It's just, he isn't planning to take me. He just comes from time to time to talk and rant about his life, about how he wants me to become the future super-human, and I just...I just listen! Nothing else! "Midoriya quickly excused, before opening his mouth again, although hesitating and closing it again, pursing his lips as he shook his head, as if begging for him to drop it.

"Hey, Midoriya! Good to see you, man!" A voice suddenly greeted from not far away, and Bakugo swirled around too suddenly as Kirishima jogged towards them, a small smile on his face.

"Hey Kirishima." Midoriya greeted quietly as he clenched his fists by his sides.

"Bakubro, you should've called us or something! We were worried sick, you just disappeared!" Kirishima complained, grabbing the blond by his arm, albeit only for a second before Bakugo yanked his arm away from him.

"Can't even take a shit in peace?" Bakugo snapped, raising an eyebrow at Kirishima half-heartedly as he turned back towards Midoriya.

"Hey, Midoriya, do you wanna come with us? We can hang out together, if you're not busy." Kirishima offered, patting Bakugo's shoulder who hit him on the arm.

"I'm sorry Kirishima, but I have friends that are waiting for me–" As if one cue, Midoriya's phone begin ringing, and Midoriya showed them the screen, presenting Tokoyami's contact, before answering the phone, and sparing one last glance towards Bakugo before turning around and rushing the opposite direction from Bakugo and Kirishima, Bakugo following him with a glare as he tried to make sense of what just happened. That damn nerd is so gonna get it later...Bakugo thought angrily.

_________________

Just like Midoriya had expected, he found Bakugo standing in front of his door, arms crossed and a stern glare etched on his face.

"Kacchan...I told you, it's fine, it's nothing to–"

"Nothing to worry about? Fucking hell, you gotta open your eyes, damn nerd! If they so much as want to capture you, they could! And you're not even saying anything for us to help and prevent that from happening!" Bakugo let out an exasperated sigh, shaking his head in disapproval as he rubbed his temple.