NINE. | AN UNRECOGNIZED REUNION

WISPS OF SMOKE HAD COMFORTABLY SWADDLED THE TREMBLING FIGURE OF GEMINI LUPIN-BLACK; WHO SAT ON THE VERDURE OF THE BLACK LAKE'S EDGE. "Fuck," she breathed; lifting one hand to furiously wipe at running mascara, "Suck it up, Gemini! You can now easily be compared to that of a wuss...and presently you're talking to yourself! Excellent job at substantiating people's assumptions about the possibility of you being a loon!"

All of a sudden, the sonority of a sprig splintering broke the girl out of the beginning spiral into a consuming depression. Without delay, the young Lupin-Black brazenly stood with her wand at the ready; outrage painted over refined countenance....only to face the figure of an ailing hound. "Bloody hell," she exhaled in relief; eyeing the shaggy dog before her, "You startled me, Bud! Hasn't anyone trained you to not sneak up on a lass in a vulnerable moment? Merlin, I assumed your presence to be that of someone I'd have to hex...now I am a smidge disappointed. Don't get me wrong; you are cute and all, but that prior option would have surely helped in letting off some steam." - In the midst of her alleviating oration; the hound had gently tread towards her ranting form...seemingly in an acute state of adoration. - "Oi, and I dropped my last cigarette because of you," Gemini jokingly disclosed; pointing an accusing digit in the dog's direction as her outburst came to an end, "Cough up the desired change if you have it on you." However, the jesting admittance had successfully lurched the animal out of its daze-like stance; growls now sounding out as it eyed the dying ember that'd fallen. "How peculiar," Gemini muttered. It came across as if the creature held enough intelligence to understand the significance of her words...like the dog himself knew it wasn't widely accepted for the girl to indulge in tobacco.

"Anyways," Gemini began to scold; ridding herself from previous suspicion, "Do not get an attitude with me. I reallocated here because a break from all of the acrimony was much needed. So, your stance right now is really not appreciated." The concedemant to societies' approach towards her had caused the character, on the taking end of reprimandment, to emit a whine. "Tell me about it," the girl huffed; electing to ungracefully plop down once more, "In any manner, the name is Gemini Lily Lupin-Black. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." At her introduction, caution appeared thrown to the wind as the stray pounced on the witch's somber figure...licking her face frantically as a form of greeting. "Merlin," Gemini yelped; a few giggles slipping past, "Watch the hair, Mutt!" An affronted whine escaped the mangy thing from being addressed as such; it pulling away with an undignified blow. "Don't look at me like that! If you are smart enough to understand the meaning my words hold; then surely you recognize you come off worse for wear. I can correct that, though, new friend. For what I am about to do...no mobility would be a thoughtful gesture." By the wave of her hand, and a startled whine from the black stray, the animal straightaway appeared to be freshly groomed with a sizable helping of turkey legs settled before him.

"Yeah," she shrugged in dismissal; taking in how the dog's silver orbs shined with curiosity, "I am capable of wandless magic. Don't tell anyone though, okay? Not that you could really...but I'd hate to lose the element of surprise. Now, you go about consuming that meal and listen whilst I talk." Her companion, not necessitating to be told twice, automatically delved into the chunks of meat. Taking a calming breath; Gemini eyed the murky water ahead as she spoke, "I'm not ordinarily this...this shattered. Why, new friend, I'm quite well-known for my ungovernable and careless attitude. So, for me to act how I have as of late, I suppose that is why I despise my current existence...more so than usual. Perhaps I have merely shrunk in on myself; rejecting the authenticity that desires to shine. All because I am just like him. I know it too...despite those close to me trying to reassure against it. I'm just like moth-...I mean Sirius. Society has already labeled me as suspicious; proclamations of a thirteen-year-old witch that aids the treacherous person that bore her. All because my personality has always been compared to his! I can't even be myself anymore without anyone assuming I am to murder them. Which, I would have attacked others beforehand...but that is besides the point. - Why, all matters were trifle to me before now. At the moment, I wake everyday burdened by a weight I refuse to share...which I understand is my fault entirely. But, how am I to divulge such struggle to my friends? My pick is a witch who clearly has a lot on her plate, a boy who has a familial relationship that I envy, or the bloody Savior of the Wizarding World? Let us not forget my poor Father! He's got his own moon sickness to deal with, teaching at Hogwarts, and unfortunately being a parent to me. My problems are minuscule compared to all of theirs. Yet, I've obviously bottled this up for far too long; allowing it all to stew. I know that i've been wearing down...but I do not believe that I have anymore to give. Does that make me weak? Does feeling such sadness make me less than I was?"

Swiveling her head to the side, Gemini sighted the forlorn expression the animal wore alongside clean chinaware. If dog's had the ability to cry then the girl was certain tears would've already shed from its familiar looking eyes. Sniffing; it was assured, "I didn't mean to make such an awful first impression, Snuffles. I promise my presence usually brings an air of joy...you've just caught me in a rare moment of vulnerability. You should feel quite honored. I do not know if anyone has ever seen me so truly down. Especially in regards to myself... because let's state the obvious here, i'm the whole package."

Antecedent to her continuation of a one-sided conversation, the cries of her name sounded throughout the barren grounds. Snuffles, obviously spooked by such racket, suddenly darted into the thicket of woods; seeking shelter from the vociferous yells that grew near. "We'll have to do this again sometime, Snuffles! I quite enjoyed your company," she called to his retreating figure. - Her father's voice, clear as day, roared, "GEMINI! Gemini Lily Lupin-Black! CUB, where are you? GEM- Oh, thank Merlin!" Without warning, the girl tumbled face first onto the ground...all thanks to the lanky werewolf that'd fallen on her in all of his excitement and relief. "What the hell, Dad," she groaned from underneath the man, "If you're trying to punish me by crushing me; maybe add on a few pounds. Other than that...miraculous job you're doing. Ten points for effort." A watery chuckle could be heard before arms encircled her figure, "I'm just happy you're okay, Cub. I was worried something might've happened. - Now, listen to what i'm about to say, you should know that I love you more than anything in this world. I am so sorry that you haven't been able to see that as of late. Disregarding any differences that we may have and no matter how many times you find yourself in trouble....Gemini, you are the sole reason for my continuing existence. You are just as much me as you are him. Okay? Please, never doubt how loved you are. I truly do not know what I would do without you in my life." In response; she sniffed and stated, "I do keep you on your toes, don't I? I love you too, Daddy." The scarred man smiled; pulling them up as he exclaimed, "Enough of the "touchy-feely" as you've deemed it. Let us go back...I believe Harry Potter is on the bridge of a fucking heart attack from how long you've been absent."

Remus smiled brightly as her laughter rang throughout the air...all the while; wondering why his nose caught hints of his mate under the suffocating smoke that clung to his daughter's robes.