EIGHT. | GREATEST FEAR

"FIVE POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR BECAUSE THE POTION WAS ALL RIGHT! WHY DIDN'T YOU LIE, GEM? YOU SHOULD'VE SAID NEVILLE DID IT ALL BY HIMSELF! INSTEAD YOU SELECT TO HAVE AN ADDITIONAL BLOODY BREAKDOWN," RON SHRILLED. The female in question, comfortably perched on Harry Potter's back, stared icily at her freckled friend. "Ronald," the lioness spit; eyes flashing a perilous aurelian, "I believe I'm entitled to have a nervous prostration or two; all things considered. I'd even say that these reactions of mine are long overdue. I mean, honestly, am I supposed to allow others to now treat me so poorly? I think not. - Supplementary to that, with my nature something incredulous should already be expected as retaliation. So, technically, these 'breakdowns' weren't entirely my fault. Everyone just continues to test me in such an assailable state. Don't they, Hermione?...'Mione?" Their feathery-haired companion hadn't offered her usual input. How uncommon.

"That's just fucking great," Gemini griped; having swiveled around Harry's back to be met with nothing, "Now we've lost Hermione!" Incontrovertibly, Boy-Wonder's hero complex had kicked into gear; soothingly he rubbed Gemini's tightened grip as he scanned for their absent member. - Merlin, he adored Gemini. That much he remained certain of. He genuinely loved every particle that fashioned the girl into herself, but that didn't mean that her conniption in no case terrified him. Bless it; Potter merely desired to immure her constant state of mind as of late, and he only hoped they found Hermione before the girl acted out once more. - Suddenly, a familiar tuft of bushy hair caught emerald orbs. Sagging in relief; Harry announced, "There she is! Beautiful, look down there!" Gemini nearly toppled off with how quickly her body twisted. Sure enough; silver eyes took in Hermione Granger stood at the bottom of the staircase...far away from their position at the top of the steps. - Hermione panted slightly in hurrying up the compainonway; one hand clutched her bag, the other seemed to be tucking something down the front of her robes. "How did you do that?," Ron quizzed the breathless female. "What?," Hermione asked; at last falling into her habitual locale. Gemini displayed a disbelieving cast; what did she mean 'what'?

"Oh, come off it Hermione! You're far too knowledgeable to act daft," Gemini challenged; continuing to press, "This, bothersome, crybaby has a point. - One minute you were right behind us; the next moment, you were back at the base of the stairs again." For a fraction of a second, Hermione distinctly blanched; cursing how intuitive her friend could be. "Well," she challenged; attempting to come across as muddled, "I had to go back for something, you see. Oh no - ." Thankfully, it appeared as though a higher power existed on her side. For, in the position of nearly being caught, a seam had split on Hermione's burdened satchel. Gemini disregarded previous suspicions at the sight of the mountain of books...the girl really needed to stop being so defensive around everyone. Not all were out to get her; emotions should be reigned in more suitably. "Merlin," Ron exclaimed in befuddlement; viewing a dozen books, "Why are you carrying all of these around with you?" Chestnut orbs rolled at the onslaught of questions. "For goodness sake, Ronald! It is known how many subjects that I'm taking," the bookworm huffed; shoving her editions into his grip, "Couldn't hold these for me, could you?" Now, Gemini had to admit, that was a power move. "But," Ron turned over the books she had handed him; visually examining the covers, "You haven't got any of these subjects today. It's only Defense Against the Dark Arts this afternoon." Vaguely; Hermione, who proceeded to pack her bag all the same, retaliated with, "Oh, yes. Anyways, I hope that there's something good for lunch; I'm starved. - Care to tag along, Gem?"

The bewitching lass scrambled off the savior of their world; an authentic smile stretched across her refined visage. Harry sulking at the loss of her nearness. - Hooking Hermione's elbow with her own; Gemini cheerfully winked at the boy's abaft, stating, "Don't mind if I do, Love! I'm ravenous. - Oh, boys, do lay off 'Mione, won't you? And feel free to catch up with us when your conspiracies fail to line up!" Staring at their marching figures; Ron queried, "D'you get the feeling Hermione's not telling us something?" Harry, whose breathing had stopped the moment silver flickered, answered, "I have no clue, mate. Girl's are puzzling. Add in a boatload of intelligence; that just makes the two of them much more complicated. Anyhow....did you see Gemini wink? Do you think it was directed more so at you or me?" The ginger groaned, "Merlin's beard! I don't know why I try to have a conversation with you when she's around. You're a lost cause!"
___________________________________