SEVENTEEN. | SETBACK FROM GAIETY

HONEYDUKES WAS SO CHOCK-FULL OF HOGWARTS' STUDENTS THAT NO ONE LOOKED TWICE AT THE REPUDIATED PAIR. - That was, until, Harry Potter gave rein to a pealing laugh. "Darling," Gemini hissed; navigating themselves through a gawking group of sixth years, "As much as I love to see you in high spirits, now is really not the time. What even triggered such amusement?" Eventually, the raven-haired boy calmed. Simpering; he revealed, "I apologize, Gem. My laughter is on account of imagining what expression my cousin, Dudley, would adopt on his piggish features if he could see where I was right now."

The girl chortled herself; not scolding him for his admittance. This place was, after-all, a confectionery connoisseur's dream. - There were shelves upon shelves of the most succulent-looking sweets imaginable. Creamy chunks of nougat, shimmering pink squares of coconut ice, fat, honey-colored toffees; hundreds of different kinds of chocolate in neat rows; there was a large barrel of Every Flavor Beans, and another of Fizzing Whizbees, the levitating sherbet balls that Ron was obsessed with; along yet another wall were 'Special Effects' sweets: Droobles Best Blowing Gum (which filled a room with bluebell-colored bubbles that refused to pop for days), the strange, splintery Toothflossing Stringmints, tiny black Pepper Imps ('breathe fire for your friends!'), Ice Mice ('hear your teeth chatter and squeak!'), peppermint creams shaped like toads ('hope realistically in the stomach!'), fragile sugar-spun quills, and exploding bonbons. - "As much as I despise that creature you are related to...I could regretfully understand," Gemini revealed; silver orbs flittering about the shop. "Look," she then demanded; pointing towards a corner of the shop that displayed unusual sweets, "There is Ron and 'Mione! Let us go surprise them."

"BOO," the lioness bellowed from behind the two unsuspecting members of the Gryffindor Quartet; causing Cockroach Clusters to go flying about in every direction. "Bloody hell," Ron Weasley shrieked; clutching at his chest as if he anticipated congestive heart failure, "What is wrong with you, Gem? Screeching like a dying fowl! Wait...Gem? Harry?! What're you two doing here? Have you...Wow! You have both learned how to Apparate!" His assumption was awarded with Hermione's palm smacking abaft of his skull. "Oi," the ginger howled; clearly annoyed as he massaged ginger locks. Though any further complaints were silenced by narrowed chestnut orbs. "Powerful as they might be, Ronald, they're far to unpracticed to accomplish Apparation at thirteen years of age!" Then, rounding in on the cunning pair, Hermione advanced, "And from that verifiable truth alone...Gem. Mind informing me how it is you managed to sneak the pair of you in to Hogsmeade?" The female in question gasped dramatically; innocently retorting, "Moi?" Yet, Hermione's glare didn't waver. "Fine! You caught me," Gemini confessed; twisting to face an amused Harry, "Show them the map, Darling." The Boy-Who-Lived nodded; pulling out the aged parchment as he quietly explained how it came into their possession.

"How come Fred and George never gave it to me?! I am their brother," exclaimed Ron; outraged after hearing what had happened. "It doesn't matter why because Harry isn't going to keep it," stated Hermione, as though the idea in itself was ludicrous, "He's going to hand it in to Professor McGonagall. Aren't you, Harry?" Hitherto the boy's response, Gemini snatched the ingenious ground plan out of his fingers; announcing, "I do not believe it concerns you with what Harry wishes to do with this map. Call to mind that the twins offered it to both Harry Potter and Gemini Lupin-Black. And, as him and I share joint custody, my vote is against giving it to an authoritative figure. I am not handing over something this good!" Ron, seemingly over his spout of anger, gestured his head in agreement of Gemini's declaration. They'd be mad to relinquish ownership of such a thing. "As the additional guardian of mine and Gemini's child, I also vote to keep it," Harry granted; evoking all eyes to roll. "Besides," The Boy-Who-Lived continued, "If Gem and I hand it in, we'll have to say where we got it! Filch would know Fred and George had nicked it! I don't feel like throwing them under the bus right now." Ron choked, "Why in Merlin's name would you ever feel like chunking someone underneath a vehicle?!" The three, exposed to the culture of Muggles, waved him off; a simultaneous agreement to explain later.