THIRTEEN. | DUELING

GEMINI VIOLENTLY GAGGED AS THE PUTRID FUMES ENTERED HER NOSTRILS. "Merlin, that's grotesque," she started to complain, "No wonder Voldy doesn't mind not having a sniffer." Ron, Hermione, and Harry all paused their previous discussion to offer her a disbelieving look. She merely shrugged in response.

They were all cramped in an unused bathroom stall; huddled over a bubbling cauldron. Hermione and herself continued to add outlandish ingredients to the steaming potion, in contempt of Gemini's continuous interruption to regularly gripe. With a shake of her frizzed hair; Hermione quoted what Harry and Gemini previously admitted, "Anyways...Again? You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Ron's voice rung out over Gemini's unheard explanation, "Of course! Don't you see? Lucious Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here, and now he's told Draco how to do it." They all took in his theory with a grain of salt; always quick to accuse a Slytherin, and Gemini cleared her throat, "Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." She could only hope her warning seeped into the red- heads skull; not wanting him to go in without a plan. The young Weasley, angered no one had taken him seriously, shifted his attention to her, "Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Gemini knew his words were asked in ill intent and awarded him with an icy glare.

Hermione interrupted before Gemini could put their friend in his place, "Never. We'll never get caught. No one ever comes in here." Harry looked at her in curiosity; taking his hands away from the mahogany curls he recently twisted up, he asked, "Why is that?" Hermione shot him a weary glance, "Moaning Myrtle." Ron's eyes skittered between them all, "Whose Moaning Myrtle?" A loud, piercing, screech reverberated through the gloomy bathroom. The ghost of a young girl raced out of an adjacent wall, and brought herself face to face with Ron. Gemini desperately attempted to contain the laughter that yearned to escape her; if she couldn't chastise Ron...at least Myrtle could. The translucent female wailed, "I'm Moaning Myrtle! I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about fat, ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle?" Merlin, that was a slew of adjectives.

With a loud sob, the ghost gravely flung herself head first into the toilet. Gemini's chuckles finally sounded out, "And you lot call me the dramatic one. Don't worry, Ron. She's just a little sensitive." Wide emeralds met her sight, and she burst into an uncontrollable fit.
___________________________________

Following their unsupervised potions making, that night the Golden Quartet attended the Dueling Club's first meeting. A golden stage had been erected, and the student's watched with anticipation. Upon seeing Lockhart stroll out onto the midst of the shiny floor, Gemini groaned out in annoyance. Hermione's grip on her wrist prevented her from leaving, though. He instantly began to boast, "Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full details, see my published works."

A Hufflepuff boy to the left of Gemini snorted, and nonchalantly turned towards her, "That Lockhart's something, isn't he? Awfully brave chap. I'm Justin Flinch-Fletchley, by the way. Nice to finally meet you." The girl beamed brightly at his introduction; a majority of Hufflepuff's still remained wary in regards to her...being the daughter that inherited so many horrific things. She immediately stuck her hand out, "Hello! It's nice to meet you! I'm Gemini-." Her introduction was suddenly cut off, "I know who you are. We all do. Even a great number of us Muggle-Borns." As she assumed the worst; her mood automatically depleted, "Oh." Well that had went downhill. Harry, who had been intently eavesdropping, glared even more at the talking badger. The Hufflepuff, feeling stupid for ruining his introduction, furiously waved his hands about in a hurried movement. "Merlin, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean that negatively. I mean...we have learned about your Father, and uh, we know about your ancestors....but that is besides the point! I mean we all know you as The Gryffindor Beauty! You know, one of the famous Gryffindor Quartet?! Uh, you are known for your charm; inside and out." His cheeks were now flushed in a bright crimson.