TWENTY - TWO. | NOT SEX BUT SIRIUS

"SO," DRACO BEGAN, TAKING A SIP FROM HIS REFRESHMENT AS HE SCRUTINIZED THE CIRCUMAMBIENT DRUNK TEENS. "DID...DAD, UM, CHASTISE YOU FOR THAT DERANGED STUNT YOU'D DECIDED TO PULL?" Gemini, already inebriated, laughed gleefully; responding, "Well, ensuing the adulation he bestowed upon Harry for his Patronus, though be it was used against your former...acquaintances, and for catching me, of course - obviously he upbraided me. My punishment being that every Saturday night, for the remainder of this school year, you and I are expected to have a sleepover with him."

Draco sniffed, amber orbs fleeting about; meekly probing, "He was serious then? I was informed that I was to be punished for averting him from his own suicidal tendencies, but I'd just assumed that was merely a jest...on account of us being in the public eye and everything." Notwithstanding her drunk state, silver eyes softened as Gemini regarded her brother. Simply a question...but the jittery nature of the ordinarily commonsensical boy stood as an indicatory attestation. "Draco, look at me," she delicately whispered; placing her extremity on his quavering bicep, "I...I'll never have dealings with what you've exactly been subjected to in the past. Even...even with all you've told me, I can't. I can't ever connect to you in that way. But I can, and will, correlate myself with you regarding the opportunities, unwavering support, and unconditional love you'll receive from here on out. And, aside from that, I promised. Remember? Before we'd even commenced with this whole thing, I promised you'd never have to deal with anything like that again, and I meant it. Apart from Sirius Black, the murderous mother...my dad, Remus Lupin, our dad...there isn't a cruel bone in that man's body. You know that, right?"

Draco gestured his head in confirmation; voice cracking as he muttered, "Obviously I know that. He has the kindest soul, and I mean, hell, he accepted me without question. Well...after fainting that is. - It's just...just old habits die hard, I suppose." Gemini, solemnly, drew the spiraling boy into an amiable hug. "Merlin," Draco swallowed; welcoming the embrace without hesitation, "Who'd have thought you were such a sappy drunk." This disclosure was allocated by being, buoyantly, nudged away by his sister. "Whatever," she cachinnated; eyes winking over her red solo cup as she took another, generous gulp. Continuing, "So, putting a halt to his own suicidal tendencies, did you? What happened?" He shot her an incredulous look. "You dove to your assumed death, what do you think happened?," he reprehended, "If I hadn't have been there, conversant with what play you were about to execute, holding him back by his cloak, he'd certainly have jumped after you."

"Ah, that's the wol- uh, parent instincts kicking in, that is," Gemini revealed, "Remus Lupin, the most astute wizard alive, until one of his cubs are in danger. - But, since we're on the topic of you knowing what I was about to do, ever think you'll return to the pitch?" The boy ruffled his curls; confessing, "No. No, I don't think so. I actually never really liked playing, but Fa-...Lucius had insisted of my participation in the sport."

"Hello, pretty boy, Gem," Fred Weasley spoke; greeting the pair abaft of Draco, immediately swaddling the shorter male, "What is the topic of discussion?" Draco chortled; misleading, "Oh, not that she'd ever permit anyone else to know, but Gemini was just asking me about what my exact hair routine is. You see...her routine, itself, just doesn't seem to be...working anymore." The repudiating squawk evinced from her was loud enough to catch the attention of many, if they already weren't eavesdropping. "Calm down, Gem," her brother teased; disarranging her own set of coils, "Wouldn't want others to know that you asked me for hair advice, now, would you?" Pushing his hand away, conscious that he'd omitted the truth since he wasn't yet ready to reveal such horrors to Fred, she kept her mouth figuratively shut; opting to, instead, stick her tongue out. And the gratified glimpse sent her way had not gone unperceived.

"Well, uh, alright then," Fred spoke; a tad sloshed himself, "Anyway, Love, I brought you a few Peppermint Toads back from Georgie and I's excursion. I know they're your favorite, so I put a separate bag away for you in our dorm." - Even drunk and running on deviltry, Fred had thought of Draco. - "Oh, thank you, Darling," her brother lauded; leaning back on the ginger, "However did you both manage to bring back bags full of Honeydukes sweets, though?" Meeting silver eyes, Fred winked, and said, "All completed with a little help from Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs. - Now come on, let's go upstairs and eat some sweets." Draco looked at Gemini, who simply waved him off. "Go on," she instructed; downing the rest of the contents in her cup, "I've got to comb through this crowd for Harry, anyway. Told him I'd be back five minutes ago. - But Draco? Do not think how you addressed Dad went unnoticed. While I am aware that it will take some time for you to announce it before him, do try to not stress yourself over it. There would be no...damaging reaction. And though I know he'd break down from happiness if you said it, there is no pressure. He'll continue to love you either way. - I love you. Both of you. Have a great time eating sweets."