FIVE. | SLYTHERIN CRYBABY

WHEN TRANSFIGURATION CLASS HAD FINISHED, AN INFORMATIVE LECTURE THAT INCLUDED GRANDMA MINNIE'S DISTASTE FOR A SPECIFIC SEER, THE GRYFFINDOR QUARTET HEADED TO THE GREAT HALL FOR LUNCH.

"Ron, cheer up," Hermione instructed; pushing a dish of stew towards the pale boy, "You heard what Professor McGonagall said." The ginger, without regards to her assurance, spooned some stew onto his plate and picked up a fork; not yet starting on the consumption of such meal. "Harry," he called, in a low, humorless voice, "You haven't seen a great black dog anywhere, have you?" Circumstantially; Harry actually agreed to the far-out inquiry, "Yeah, I have. In truth, I saw one the night I left the Durselys'." From his admittance, Ron's silverware fell with a cacophonous clatter. "Probably just a stray," Hermione, calmly, offered her input; seeking to make the boy see things in a rational light. However, the red-head glanced at Hermione as though she'd gone mad. "Hermione," he started, "if Harry's seen a Grim, that's...that's bad. M-my uncle Bilius saw one and he died twenty-four hours later!" Expressing the face of indifference; Hermione airily countercharged, "Coincidence." The disregard only aided to further anger the male. "You don't know what you're talking about," he yelled; scarlet coating his cheeks, "Grims scare the living daylights out of most wizards!" - "There you are, then," interjected Gemini in a superior tone; secretly uncomfortable with the topic, "They see the Grim and die of fright. The Grim's not an omen, it's the cause of death! And Harry's still with us because he's not stupid enough to see one and think; 'Right, well, I'd better kick the bucket then!' Plus; it's well past the twenty-four hour mark for him, isn't it?" Ron mouthed wordlessly at his new opponent, who simply chugged the remainder of her pumpkin juice. "I think Divination seems very woolly. A lot of guesswork, if you ask me," Hermione conceded to Gemini; taking out her new Arithmancy novel.

"There was nothing 'woolly' about the Grim in that cup, you guys," exclaimed Ron; hotly. "Well," Hermione collectedly retaliated, "you didn't seem quite so confident when you were telling Harry it was merely a sheep." Gemini chortled at Hermione's ability to quickly fact-check another individual, cheek never substituted. Per contra; titters promptly died when aware that Ron was in the process of opening his mouth once more, ordinarily nothing good came from this action...especially in regards to their bushy-haired acquaintance being on the receiving end. "Hermione," he flared, "Professor Trelawney said you didn't have the right aura! You just don't like being bad at something for a change!" Oh no, he had touched a nerve. The savant furiously slammed her Arithmancy book on the table, the action carried out so mercilessly that bits of meat and carrot flew everywhere. Heated fawn orbs stared down into icy blues, "If being good at Divination means I have to pretend to see death omens in a lump of tea leaves, I'm not sure I'll be studying it much longer! That lesson was absolute rubbish compared with my Arithmancy class!" With that said, she snatched up her satchel and stalked away from the group. The ginger frowned after her retreating figure, "What's she talking about? She hasn't yet been to an Aritmancy class." Rolling her eyes; Gemini gathered up personal belongings... ready to chase after her friend, stating, "Ronald. You would think by now, for someone who pays close attention to Hermione Granger, that the heavy tension would've lessened between you two. Yet, your thickness prevents a proper connection to form. - Now, with that said, let's go after her. We all need to get to Hagrid's."
___________________________________

Gemini was pleased to get out of the castle after lunch. - Yesterday's rain had cleared; the sky appeared a clear, pale grey, and the grass was springy and damp underfoot as the Gryffindor Quartet set off for their first ever Care of Magical Creatures class. Minimal instances allowed the female the briefest fragments of unadulterated joy; concentration zeroed in on reminding herself of the good in contempt of this period in her life. - Admittedly, the content moment wasn't fully so; for, Ron and Hermione now refused to speak to one another. So, herself and Harry walked beside the quarreling duo in silence; the group bunglingly trekking down sloping lawns to Hagrid's hut on the edge of the Forbidden Forest. - "Well, this day has just taken a monumental descent," Gemini grumbled; catching sight of an abundance of Slytherin's. Of course they'd have to be paired with the bloody snakes. Ron groaned along to her observation.