NINETEEN. | THE LUPIN-BLACK "TWINS"

"WHY IN MERLIN'S NAME IS SHE STILL OVER THERE?," HARRY SEETHED AT DINNER; HERMIONE AND RON WATCHING ON NERVOUSLY. - For the past two weeks, by reason of the ruinous altercation between a pair of certain Gryffindor's, Gemini Lupin-Black had since taken her meals at the Slytherin Table. Opting to pay no attention to fellow lions, by now having become a frequent companion of Draco fucking Malfoy. Harry reviews that, at least, the pair have alienated themselves from the remainder of the snakes. Even going as far to pile up free seats surrounding them with personal belongings to ensure interruptions were off the table, not that the purebloods would dare think of it based off of their malodorous glares. But still. The two now appeared thick as thieves; waltzing to shared classes in each others company, intermittently nestling up in one of the many bay windows where it looked as though laughter was exchanged, and now...tossing grapes up in the air, for all to see, as a competition of who could catch the mulberry fruit in open mouths. And Harry Potter was at his wits end.

"Oh Merlin," Ron groaned; shoving his face into freckled hands, "Good going, Harry! I thought this was an act at first, but you've really pushed our best friend into the loving arms of Draco sodding Malfoy! The enemy." Emerald eyes shot to cerulean in sheer consternation. Loving? "Ron, letup before you cause Harry a heart attack," Hermione huffed; blowing a bushy strand of hair out of her face, "You know as well as I that Gemini and Malfoy are distant cousins. The Black family, whilst well-known for their dark tendencies, are also well-known for the imperishable loyalty they share to those of their relation. Well, as long as shared values are a common ground I suppose. No matter. Disparaging Malfoy's foul personality, the doublet are still related. Perhaps Gemini simply needed someone and Malfoy's unwavering Black blood finally kicked into gear. He seems to be decent enough around her, and that is all we should care about. Her happiness. She hasn't had a lot of that this school year." Though Ronald Weasley did not take the optimistic route when it came to his sister, by all but blood, shacking up with the Malfoy heir. Because just as Harry's anxiety levels had submersed; the red-head grunted, "Well, Hermione, do you know what the Black family is additionally notorious for? Interbreeding to keep their blood 'pure'! Why...Orion and Walburga Black, Gemini's demonic grandparents, were second cousins! Walburga didn't even need to change her name when she married Orion! So, while Draco is Gemini's second cousin once removed, I don't think it bloody well matters!"

"Ron," the bushy-haired Gryffindor hissed; eyes fleeting about to make sure there were no nearby listeners, "You know good and well Malfoy is not going to make any moves on Gemini. Because, as you know, he has made any and all moves on your brother! Now, shut up before you get Harry all...Harry?" But, it was too late. The Boy-Who-Lived was no longer sat beside his closest friends, for he had already grabbed his satchel and walked away. Walked away to the Slytherin table, that is. "Oh no," Hermione carped; swatting at Ron Weasley's arm, "Now look at what you have done!" - Hand in his pocket, messenger bag slung effortlessly over his shoulder, Harry Potter strode across the Great Hall in fervor. All parties, Professors included, ceased in chatter once their eyes saw The Chosen One had came to a halt right in front Slytherin. More importantly, right in front of Draco Malfoy and Gemini Lupin-Black.

"Ahem," Harry cleared his throat; fully catching the attention of the one he wanted most...and her companion. Gemini quirked an eyebrow in indignation at his presence, but Draco opted to all the way turn to face the obtrusion. The blonde had wide, flaming eyes. Harry, scrutinizing the obstacle between him and his love, did something unexpected as he was conscious of how much this snake had come to mean to his beloved. Harry Potter, The Golden One, sent Draco Malfoy, The Slytherin Prince, his best, winning smile. "Excuse me, Malfoy," the raven spoke in a strained, polite tone. "But I need to have a conversation with Gemini, in private. So, best be on your way then." Though, the boy addressed snorted and twisted back to face his cousin. Harry snapped and decided to take matters into his own hands, because he could only stand so much. The Gryffindor, a bit too forcefully, nudged Draco out of his way with his leather clad shoulder, sliding into the seat beside Gemini with a triumphant smile. "Hey, Gem. How have you been?" He was met with a smack upside raven locks. "Ow," he screeched; not caring who heard. That had bloody hurt.