FOURTEEN. | WHAT'S ON THE INSIDE

"FRANKLY, I FIND THE WHOLE 'EVIL AND POWERFUL' VIBE TO BE QUITE HOT," GEMINI JOKINGLY ADMITTED. Harry, who unwillingly allowed himself to be affected by her words, appointed his friend with a glare. Unfazed; the girl continued on, "I'm just saying, Harry. If it was you who attacked Justin...sign me up."

Gemini always joked inappropriately during pressing times; they all believed it to be a default setting. With a roll of her eyes; Hermione responded, "Quit antagonizing him, Gem. Dumbledore cleared Harry, and we don't need you to mess with his head even more. Our other classmates have proved to be sufficient in that department." It was true. Ever since the news of Justin Finch-Fletchley's petrified state was announced...it only fueled people's assumptions about The Boy-Who-Lived. Insulting looks were thrown his way and people steered clear of the Gryffindor. Gemini huffed out, "I was simply trying to make light of the situation. It isn't my fault people are ignorant enough to believe him capable of something like that. I mean, his own Mother was a Muggle-Born!" Harry found himself grateful that not an ounce of doubt could be detected in the proclamation. Thank Merlin a majority of kids had went home for the holidays; leaving the Gryffindor Quartet time to figure things out.

A short period of time later, the four Gryffindor's stumbled into the Great Hall. Inside it glimmered grandly and magical snowflakes floated down from the ceiling. Ron and Gemini dashed off to find a seat; both too excited about their first Hogwarts Christmas Feast. While Harry and Hermione lagged behind the two eager lion's.

As the bushy haired girl sat down; she whispered, "Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into." Harry acquiesced, "Crabbe and Goyle." Gemini, with a mouth full of mashed potatoes, instructed, "And we also need to make sure that the real Crabbe and Goyle can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy." Ron looked between the two girls questionably, "How?" In response, Hermione held up a pair of miniature cakes. "I've got it all worked out," she confidently started, "I've filled these with a simple Sleeping Draught. It is elementary...but powerful. You know how greedy Crabbe and Goyle are. They won't leave the Christmas Feast until every last drop of trifle is gone." Harry turned in on the girl who always caught his eye, "Gem? Why didn't you help 'Mione with it?" He didn't intend to be accusatory, but he knew her to be uncharacteristically bright. She was more than a pretty face; that much was for sure. The girl being questioned; loudly snorted, "Because it was my idea to just whack them over the head with a broom." Ron and Harry both laughed; admittedly finding her way more appealing. Hermione admonished, "Well, that idea is completely illogical. Now; once they're asleep, hide them in a broom cupboard and pull out a few of their hairs."

"Make sure to get a few good hits in for me," Gemini mummered to Ron; the overstuffed ginger quickly nodded.

Swallowing his food; Ron queried, "Whose hair are you two ripping out?" Hermione held up a small vial, "I've already got mine. Millicent Bulstrode. She's in Slytherin. I got this off her robes." Similarly, Gemini showed them another glass tube. A look of revulsion washed over her face, "Pansy Parkinson. The Queen Pug herself. Pulled this out of her scalp two days ago in the middle of a fight." Hermione shook her head, unhappy with her friends lack of subtlety, and informed, "All right then. Gemini, come on. We're going to go check on the Polyjuice Potion. You two; Just make sure Crabbe and Goyle find these."
___________________________________

Hermione and Gemini were both clad in Slytherin robes; the later being happy with the color scheme. "Hermione. You can't tell me this doesn't suit my complexion. I would look bloody marvelous as a snake." The unruly haired girl, who was bent over a smoking cauldron, sighed in exasperation. Prior to her chance to respond, Harry and Ron burst into the dreary bathroom. "Did you get it?," Gemini excitedly asked. She felt as though they were all on a mission. Ron and Harry held up their hands. In each; a tuft of hair. Hermione nodded, feeling better about their plan, and pointed at two Slytherin Robes. "I sneaked those out of the laundry," she informed.