| PROLOGUE | HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN

"...THE PUBLIC IS WARNED THAT BLACK IS ARMED AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. A SPECIAL HOT LINE HAS BEEN SET UP, AND ANY SIGHTING OF BLACK SHOULD BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY," A REPORTER'S VOICE ANNOUNCED FROM THE TELEVISION. Gemini, who had been in solitary at Lupin cottage, instantly offered the decrepit device her full attention. Surely she'd just been hearing things; her imagination controlling the reigns due to her grounding confiscating any romping possessions. Though, the blood that pumped through her veins instantly chilled at what she saw. Identical silver orbs, albeit crazed, stared back at her with a cruel intensity. Gaunt facial muscles were stretched about into a familiar smirk, and black curls appeared matted in diversified tangles. The teen realized halfway through this broadcast that her Mother, a classified convict, had broken out of the confinements previously placed upon him. Sirius Black had, indeed, escaped Azkaban.

Emotions clashed amongst her being. Should she express aghastment...would he make an attempt to come after her? Would the atmosphere proceed to feel safe; due to that criminal not knowing their new residence? Most importantly; Could she accept the excitement that crept up her bones... all because she had the possibility of coming across her other parent? She was, obviously, not aware of which mentality to push forward. So; In place of settling for an affect, the bacon she had formerly chewed on tumbled out of a gaping opening. "What the actual fuck," she astonished. The summer of 1993 had officially been the shittiest holiday; this addition existing as the metaphorical cherry on top.

The news anchor carried on with set reports, but the information respecting Agriculture didn't even register within the teen. Her Mother's manic appearance had ingrained itself deep within pessimistic thoughts, and Gemini's heart raced at an abnormal speed. For as long as she could remember, elder magic folk compared her personality to that of Sirius Black's. If she was so much like him; Did they anticipate her losing her mind as well? Would the news of his escape make them wary of his offspring? ...Why was she even contemplating this? She just wanted her Dad to come home.

A noisy pop echoed throughout the cozy chalet, and the girl instantaneously found herself on high alert. For; If Muggles knew about Sirius' breakout, then the magical world did along with them. Her Mother had riled up multiple people; to the point where some might come after his family...alike the time they had when his conduct first came to light. Rather than obscure herself away in the pantry; Gemini, unmoving, taunted, "SHOW YOURSELF; YOU INTRUDER! OR, ARE YOU TERRIFIED OF A THIRTEEN-YEAR-OLD GIRL?! COME ON. COWARD!" As soon as the door pushed open, a gleaming silver knife was speedily thrown at the entry. Fingers shot forward and spelled the utensil to freeze midair. "Miss. Lupin-Black!," Professor McGonagall scolded, "This is not how you should go about managing an "intruder." A magical one, nonetheless." Chuckles fell from the relieved girl, "I'm sorry, Minnie. All things considered, I was acting rationally...underage witch and all. Though, you've got to admit, I've got a killer aim." Considering the situation at hand; Minerva opted to cease her reprimanding. Safely grasping the grooved handle; McGonagall lauded, "Your aim has proven to be precise. I believe that is one of the reasons Gryffindor's Quidditch team has excelled."

A bright smile stretched across Gemini's countenance. "I knew you loved me, Minnie," she declared; already making a mental note to never allow the woman to forget what she'd admitted. The Professor took in her student's appearance; Lupin-Black's figure was clad in one of her Father's jumpers, and it certainly swallowed her wee frame. Caramel curls were loosely held by a wand, and syrup dribbled down the corner of pink lips. Outwardly she appeared relaxed in the confinements of her home; yet McGonagall, who had practically abetted in raising the adolescent, could detect brewing turmoil within depths of sterling. Softly; she questioned, "How are you, Gemini? Truly? I know you descried the forenoon's aired broadcast, because it isn't natural of you to go around throwing lancets." The stripling shrugged as a riposte; bitterly retaliating, "Candidly?...I don't know. However, I do find it pathetic that I had to find out from the Muggles that my Mother escaped Azkaban. Did the Ministry not think it substantial to inform us, or were they hoping Mummy dearest would finish Dad and I off for them?"