TWENTY. | FIREBOLT FIASCO

"GRYFFINDOR," RON WEASLEY MUTTERED IN UNBELIEVINGNESS; SOON AFTER SHOVELING ROAST POTATOES INTO HIS ORFICE. Harry Potter sighed, having been subjected to similar conversations in the week preceding, and quietly chided, "Listen, I understand this...development has been something you are still trying to process. But, honestly, Ron...he has apologized profusely to each of us for past actions, explained his side to everything, and been nothing but cordial these past seven days. I feel that if this was something much more threatening that we'd be subjected to the hatred he, and even Gemini, has received since."

And Harry's statement tested unquestionable. The complete surprise Draco had emitted from pupils gathered in the Great Hall at his revamping, the skeptical squawks from his placement into Gryffindor, the enraged Howler received from Lucius Malfoy heard by all the following morning, the unsure relationship still blooming between a new Father figure, and the mistrustful eyes that followed him at a closer distance . - One had yet to herald that this new, untrusting, addition to Gryffindor had behaved unfavorably. And, if anything, Draco appeared at peace in defiance of all chaos around following his fresh identity. He conveyed the impression of...freedom, nothing holding him back from expression. - "Besides," Harry continued, "Himself, Gem, and Fred seem to be content with this occurrence. I say let us leave it be."

"Oi," Ron bristled, "Don't paint me out to be the bad guy here! He apologized to all of us, elucidated why he portrayed himself to be such a git, cured Gemini's spiraling depression, and is now able to lay bare just how incredibly happy he makes Fred. Even I know that I'd be a right arse to not at least try and be his friend." Hermione, who had been quietly observing their conversation whilst eating a portion of Christmas ham, sat down her fork with a piercing clank. "Wow," she praised, "How surprisingly mature of you, Ronald." Incredulous green eyes observed the, now, blushing ginger; Harry soon after questioning, "Then why is it you continue to gripe over the matter?" At this, sapphire eyes narrowed as the ginger helped himself to another plateful of mash. "Because," Ron grumbled, "I bet Fred a Galleon that Draco would end up in Ravenclaw." The two snickered at the real train of thought the boy carried on the matter. "Oi, the pair of you, hush it," Ron scowled; pushing his piled plate away from him, "...Seeing as we're on the topic, where are the twins at anyway? They have yet to tear into their heap of presents. And I know good and well that Gemini's received a Firebolt too! I mean, it's wrapped in the same newspaper Harry's was and it is in a similar shape. She better count herself lucky I didn't bloody open it myself."

And Harry, who knew the reasoning was because of the full moon of the previous night, stuttered out an excuse, "W-Well. Seeing as it is Draco's first Yule as a Lupin-Black...per-perhaps that is why. You know? I think they've just celebrated in private to-together." His friends searched him carefully at his anxious explanation. But, thankfully, the entrance to the Great Hall powerfully slammed open. "Oh, thank Merlin," Harry murmured; taking a swing of pumpkin juice as the Lupin-Black twins waltzed in. "MERRY CHRISTMAS," Gemini audibly greeted; leading her drowsy brother to sit by their friends.

"Oh," Dumbledore tempestuously bellowed; eyes twinkling as he observed the newcomers, "Mr. and Miss.' Lupin-Black, what a pleasure it is for you both to join us! I was not sure if you were going to be able to attend our luncheon or not, considering that Mr. Lupin has fallen ill again. Most unfortunate that it should happen on Christmas Day. If you don't mind me asking, how is the poor fellow?" Gemini beamed at their Headmaster, stacking her plate full of the roast, and informed, "I don't mind at all, Professor! He is much better, thank you. Draco and I actually have just came from tearing into our presents at Dad's bedside in the infirmary. - Oh! By the way, I much appreciate what you've gifted me. The prank book is certainly lovely!" Minerva McGonagall breathed heavily through her nose; hissing at the revelation, "Another prank book, Albus? Like she and the Weasley twins need any more mischievous ideas to go marauding about!" Gemini smirked; wit-fully responding, "Yes, that's is us Minnie! My boys and I are just a couple of Marauders. Wouldn't you say?" The girl's womanly figure stared at her unamused, but she had truly walked into that one.