SEVENTEEN. | STICKY SITUATION

"WHY SPIDERS," RON BEWAILED; GRIPPING THE SCRUFF OF FANG, "WHY COULDN'T IT BE 'FOLLOW THE BUTTERFLIES'?" The triad grasped at straws in linkage to their supposed valor, but the further they traveled into the wooded area; nervousness could not be denied. Even Gemini, the girl who sprung into situations without question, fidgeted in unsaid worry. "Ron," she lowly hissed, "Pipe down with the moaning. Nosiness will only draw, if any, increased attention!"

The ginger swallowed; the truth of her warning resonated within his being. The Dark Forest was an understood place that no student, even the most brave-hearted, dared to explore. Scarcely any feet were known to the students; yet, here the three found themselves...in the belly of the beast. Even Hagrid, the giant who formed strange connections with deadly creatures, was not granted clearance after a specific checkpoint. "You're not helping to calm me," Ron retaliated; nerves shot. Expostulations were pretermitted as Gemini led the male's further into the unknown; a pale yellow illuminated skittering insects. Their journey of discovery was not classified stealthy; for their shins crashed through low-slung branches, and sharp brambles tugged at the cotton that clothed skin. Gulps of air were not fully waned; fear cracking through false bravado.

Suddenly, a rumbling noise sounded to the left of them. The three recoiled from that sector of shrubs; the growls ceasing as soon as they'd commenced. "There's something over there...something big," Harry inferred. "Really?," Ron sarcastically quipped; trembling behind an equally terrified hound. Bated breaths seized them, just then; a blaze of light splintered the tops of trees...blinding their sight. Instinctual reactions kicked in and the three naturally fled; that was until Ron, amidst running for dear life, came to an abrupt stop. "What the fuck, Ronald?!," Gemini shrilled; twisting to pull him along with her, "Has full senselessness consumed you within the span of five minutes?" The ginger stood firm in his defiance; tripping whilst he fought Gemini's pull, "GUYS! ...Harry, Gem; it's our car!" The two cautiously turned, hearts still pounding, to view what had caught their friend's concentration. Scratched and mud-smeared, bits of earth and grass sprouted from its headlamps and hubcaps; the Ford Anglia looked half-animal. Releasing her grip on the freckled wrist; Gemini astonished, "This atrocious turquoise creation is still active!" The boy's circled it in wonderment.

"It's been here all this time," Harry started, "Look at it! The Forest has turned it wild." The girl allowed herself to be mesmerized by the cracked glass and chipped paint the still working car displayed; nodding in corroboration, mercury orbs glanced back towards an impending slope. "C'mon, we don't want to lose the trail."
___________________________________

Subsequent to their reconnection with the machine; the group entered a hollow that was ribboned with shadows. Enormous trees towered over the children, each branch strewn with a peculiar white webbing. Ron, guardedly, stepped forwards and contact was made with the pearly substance. "Bloody hell," he queasily whispered; kicking it off in a frantic movement. Amusement itching at their bones; Harry and Gemini peered out into the darkness before them. Intelligent enough to not chuckle at Ron's misfortune without scoping their surroundings. At the far end of the hollow, the spiders streamed towards the mouth of an arcane hole. "Well, doesn't this give off murder vibes," the girl bitingly perceived; discounting the look of horror Ron awarded her. The trio cautiously approached the mysterious opening; wishing to carry out Hagrid's orders, and a clicking sound emanated from within. The spine-chilling clucks echoed off nearby twigs of wood, and it only grew louder the closer they commenced. Ron faltered, glancing about nervously, and debated, "I don't have a good feeling about this, Guys."

The lioness tousled her coiled hair, a nervous habit, and assured, "Don't panic." One of them had to remain levelheaded when placed in such a position.

After her minuscule words of comfort; their bodies emerged into inscrutable duskiness. Feet barely branched the mouth of this cavern; when the air suddenly crackled in movement. The sound of numerous scions snapping reverberated throughout their eardrums. Such discomfort was only focused on for mere moments; for, before it was known, a huge shadow had emerged. Eye's flashed upwards to this invading obscurity...only to regard an ancient spider. It's size could be compared to that of a small elephant, and Gemini gulped at it's vastness. What in Merlin's name had Hagrid dragged them into?