THREE. | THEIR RETURN

"HARRY JAMES POTTER! YOU WAKE UP THIS INSTANT," GEMINI VOCIFERATED TO THE BOY'S COMATOSE FIGURE. Notwithstanding the cloaked form having been ejected as of three minutes, The Boy-Who-Lived remained uncomfortably knocked out on worn carpet. "Dad," the female rasped; crouched over her best-friend, "Can I just smack him? Surely that'd jumpstart a reaction of any kind." The werewolf's disagreement was easily fathomed, "I've already forbade you from striking him in such a state. I understand that you are worried, but Harry is going to be alright. Let him wake up, naturally."

As if he knew he was the main topic of conversation; with a desperate gasp, Harry opened polished eyes. Immediately upon rousement; the boy viewed Gemini's troubled facial expression leering above; nervousness ebbed away at him due to the close vicinity they were in. "Harry," the female cheerfully exclaimed, "Are you quite alright?" Unable to yet string together a comprehendible edict, the girl's beauty causing vigorous thoughts to convince he had passed and now inhabited Heaven, Harry slowly nodded in confirmation. How could she remain so ethereal as a blurry blob of color? - Seeing the dazed expression decorating his friend's face, Ron hastily swooped in to save the Potter boy from further embarrassment. The ginger, pale and nervous, delivered Harry's bifocals that had toppled off during his fall, "Here you go, Mate." A sigh of relief escaped the boy's frail physique as the female slightly backed away. "Thanks," Harry lauded; slipping the frames onto his sweaty face.

SNAP! All teens twisted to the marginally forgotten adult; fragmented confections scattered amongst his scarred hand. "Here," Remus Lupin offered Harry; a ragged chunk of the sweet outstretched within lean fingers, "It's Chocolate, Gemini's favorite actually. Eat. It'll help." Warily, Harry accepted the confection from his infatuation's Father. "What was that...that thing?," Harry queried; a tight hold now shared between himself and Gemini's hands, the person that remained a constant for him. "A Dementor," the grown man explained, "One of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now, though." Despite the beneficial breakdown, Harry frowned in confusion at Mr. Lupin's admittance. Why would such a creature board their train? They had never experienced this problem before. Surveying her friend's disconcerted expression; Hermione added, "It was searching the train, Harry. For Sirius Black." The busy-haired girl's assertion had a distinguishable affect on the adult; for, he hadn't faced the fear his previous partner's name brought into others for quite a while. Surrounding oneself amongst Muggle's was a blissful ignorance, one that was crumbling at a fast rate. Clearing his throat; Remus croaked, "I need to have a word with the driver. Excuse me. - Oh, Cub. Here's you a piece...Eat the chocolate. It'll help."

As he took his leave, Harry turned to face his trio of friends. Taking their concerned countenance into consideration; the boy questioned, "What happened to me?" The last thing he remembered was the alleviation that consumed him from pushing Gemini out of harms way. At the inquisition; Ron grimaced as his memory recalled the prior occurrence, "Well, you sort of went...rigid. We thought maybe you were having a fit or something." Taking in the information; Harry expressed acknowledgment with a gesture of his head, "And did any of you? You know...pass out?" Sympathetically, Gemini squeezed the boy's hand which she still held. "Sorry. The pleasure was all yours, Love. None of us lost consciousness," she elucidated, "I felt weird, though. Like I'd never be cheerful again. Yet, I can't really look back on much....I was more concerned about you." Hermione vigorously nodded along to apart of Gemini's statement, "I also felt ghastly! I was trembling. Cold. But then...Professor Lupin made it go away." The Boy-Who-Lived turned to look at Ron Weasley, in hopes he wasn't the oddball out, yet the ginger softheartedly agreed to foregoing recollections, "I was still awake, Mate. I just felt drained." - Harry didn't understand. He felt weak and shivery, as though he were recovering from a bad bout of flu; he also felt the beginnings of shame. Why had he gone to pieces like that, when no one else had?

"What about the woman? Her screams were resounding. Is she okay? Did anyone check on her?," Harry queried; his tone drenched in worry. Though, his concerns only caused more unease. The unaffected three glanced nervously at one another. "No one was screaming, Harry. I mean...I shouted for my Dad. Other than that, no one else yelled in the way you're explaining. Here...Why don't we eat the Chocolate? I promise my Dad didn't poison it. He's the good parent," Gemini assured; attempting to ease the tense environment. Hesitantly, Harry nibbled at the slightly melted sweet. "Oh! Before I forget," Gemini returned; roughly slugging the boy in his shoulder. Emerald eyes widened in surprise, "Oi! What was the for?" Bell-like chuckles escaped her parted lips; as silver met green, "Don't ever try to save me again."
___________________________________

"Harry," Gemini started, "You can let go of my hand now." Presently residing within the Great Hall, his grip only tightened as he took into account the various stares his crush received from the male population. "Or not," she chortled; looking up to where the Professors sat.

At the High Table; her Father was seated amongst Severus Snape, Minerva McGonagall, Rubeus Hagrid, and Albus Dumbledore. It made the girl unbelievably proud to view her Dad situated up there. She knew it to be his secret dream come true. - Suddenly; Dumbledore rose. Beaming over the black, pointed hats the students adorned; the Headmaster greeted, "Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair....Oh, here I go again. I understand you do not desire to hear an old man ramble about such trivial matters. So, I shall continue on to more pressing affairs. Mm. Yes. First; I am pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor." The scattered applause dimmed in comparison of his daughter's response. Standing on the grooved bench, Hermione attempting to get her seated once more; Gemini's roar carried over handclaps, "YES! THAT'S MY DAD! WHOOO! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. I LOVE YOU! YOU ARE GOING TO DO AMAZING! YE-." Her yells were silenced by an exasperated, yet secretly amused, Professor McGonagall. "Miss. Lupin-Black," she publicly chastised, "I understand your happiness, but please do sit down." The girl was hardly an evening into the new semester and she'd already drawn too much attention to herself. - Ignoring the multiple eyes that bore into her, alongside the handful of individuals that flinched at the sound of her name; Gemini winked at Remus' animated face, "Will do, Gon-Gon. Love you Dad!" The scarred man brightly smiled in return, "I love you too, Darling. Please sit."

"What a lovely display of familial affection," Dumbledore carried on once the atmosphere calmed, "Now. As some of you may know; Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!" The Gryffindor Quartet stared at each other -- stunned -- then vigorously clapped. "That explains the required book," Ron added. "Finally, on a more disquieting note," Dumbledore gravely went on, "Hogwarts -- at the request of the Ministry of Magic -- will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban. The Dementors will be stationed at the entrances to the grounds. While they are under strict orders not to enter the castle itself, you will on occasion see them as you go about your daily activities. Under no circumstances are you to approach them. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving. Now, let's eat." - The golden plates and goblets before them filled suddenly with food and drink. Despite the luxurious spread before them, mummers of apprehension still filled the hall. Various students caught Gemini's eye, then quickly looked away...as though she had marked them as her prey with a mere glance. "Pathetic," she grumbled, angrily scooping mashed potatoes onto a porcelain plate. "Pay them no mind," Harry instructed, "They obviously know nothing. Their fear is only fueled based off of the intimidation from your beauty, darling." Shoveling the potatoey goodness into her mouth; Gemini grumbled, "Stop acting so cheeky, Potter."