FIVE. | FASHIONABLY LATE

GEMINI, DESPITE IT BEING SEPTEMBER THE FIRST, WAS NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY. Her father hadn't been able to find a substitute for his class, and so he wasn't able to see her off this year. She completely axiomatized the situation, but her dramatic nature wasn't allowing her to act right.

Thankfully, the Weasley's assured they were able to take her. The last minute adjustment had caused all of them to be run late, though. That is why muggles offered them ornery looks as the odd group dashed across the station. Their trolley's stuck out like a sore thumb. "Oh dear!," Mrs. Weasley shouted once she caught eye of the time, "The train'll be leaving any moment! All together now!" The older gryffindors quickly rammed into the stone wall, vanishing. "Go on, Ginny. You know what to do," Mr. Weasley instructed his youngest child. Ginny didn't have time to be nervous as she ran through the wall; exiting onto the other side, and moments later her parents materialized beside her. "Come, Ginny. We'll get you a seat," her mother affectionately explained.

The trio reached the entrance of King's Cross a bit later, because Harry had refused to leave the pouting girl behind. Gemini had lagged behind the rest; knowing that if she ran it would only deepen her unpleasant mood. Ron anxiously glanced at the clock and said, "We better hurry." Harry nodded. The Boy-Who-Lived leaned into his trolley, spared a glance at Gemini, and --CRASH-- hit the barrier and bounced back into Ron. "What the bloody hell!," Gemini admonished fiercely. Both boy's winced; they had been trying to steer clear of fueling her fire. They had only seen her lose it once before, and it was one of the scariest things they ever witnessed.

A nearby guard glowered at them, "What in blazes d'you three think you're doing?" Gemini glared heatedly at the man, and Harry interrupted before she could unleash her wrath on him, "Sorry. Lost control of the trolley." He turned to Ron and asked, "Why can't we get through?" Gemini groaned out in annoyance. "I dunno," the ginger hesitantly started out, "The gateway's sealed itself for some reason!" Ron pressed his ear to the stone wall as the clock station's clock chimed. Harry looked at him and stressed, "The train leaves at exactly eleven o'clock. We've missed it." Ron shook his head in acknowledgment, "Yeah, can't hear a thing. Guys. If we can't get through, maybe Mum and Dad can't get back." Harry nodded worryingly, and Gemini stressfully ran a hand down her face. "Maybe we should go wait by the car," Harry suggested to the both of them. "The car!," Gemini yelled out.

They pushed their trolleys madly in front of them as they departed the building. Suddenly, they spotted it. Amid a neat line of cars; the Anglia sat at a decidedly odd angle, as if its driver was not the most skilled of motorists. "Our savior," Gemini breathed out. The kids loaded their belongings into the Anglia's boot. "This is mad. We can't drive to Hogwarts," Harry tried to reason with the other two. "Who says we're driving?," Gemini queried. Harry looked at her appalled, "You don't mean...Gem. I don't know." Ron off their back and fourth, "Look, Who knows when Mum and Dad will get back. And...we've got to get to school, haven't we? Even underage wizards are allowed to use magic if it's an absolute emergency. Least that's what Fred and George always have said." Harry uneasily studied them. "Something tells me we're going to regret this," he finally responded. He didn't put up much more of an argument, though.

"So, who wants to drive?," Ron questioned. "It is your families car," Harry deadpanned. Gemini rolled her eyes and slid into the driver's seat, "You are both pansies. Get in." She tapped her wand on the dash and the Anglia burbled to life. Both the boys scrambled into the backseat as an attempt to distance themselves from the heated female. "No offense, love, but are you sure you know how to fly this," Harry asked tentatively. Gemini shifted. With a great jolt, the car lifted from the ground. "If I can navigate a bloody broomstick then I can navigate this car," she declared confidently. The girl, only twelve years in age, placed her hands firmly on the wheel. "Alright," she started out, "Now, I think all we have to do is find the Hogwarts Express and follow it. Simple." Harry and Ron nodded, not entirely convinced. Harry peered out the window to view the ground growing further away. Down below, two pedestrians stared in disbelief.