SIXTEEN. | THE LEGACY IS PASSED ON

"ANY PLANS TO INFORM 'MIONE AND RON ABOUT SNUFFLES THE GRIM?," GEMINI QUESTIONED; AMBULATING ASPACE HARRY TO THEIR FIRST COURSE SINCE THE QUIDDITCH MISHAP. "All the expostulation I endured about our rest and this is the opening remark to our new-found freedom?," the boy guffawed. Though, upon the observance of Gemini's unimpressed stare, his shoulders slumped as he confessed, "No, I don't intend to divulge that information. I love our friends, truly. But, I know Ron would panic and Hermione would scoff at such an unclear juncture. - Excluding that, I give credence to you in that it's probably a common stray. That conviction is much more plausible, anyhow." Gemini snorted; inquiring, "Why tell me then?" The Boy-Who-Lived scanned her from top to bottom; jesting, "I surmise it's because you handle crazy surprisingly well, Miss. Lupin-Black."

"Take that back," the girl burst; shoving the laughing Harry Potter. "Oi! You know it to be true," he chortled; straightening up his disarrayed uniform. Then, perceiving they'd arrived at their designation...now in company with other members of their class, the boy assumed a somber tone as he disclosed, "If Snape is teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts again, I'm skiving off." A freckled hand suddenly slapped down on the ravenette's shoulder. "Tell me about it, Mate," Ron Weasley concurred. Soon after furthering the irresolution as he suggested, "Check who's in there, Hermione." The bushy-haired Gryffindor sniffed, obviously piqued, and proclaimed, "Sure, Ronald, just throw me to the wolves." At that proclamation, Gemini Lupin-Black's consuming laughter sliced through the taut reserve of her classmates. Conjointly, a broad smirk had painted itself on Harry's physiognomy as he held in his own bouts of hilarity. - The two counteractions not dismissed by Hermione Granger.

"Ah," Gemini gasped; as she sponged at a tear trailing from one silver orb, "Your impudence is quick-witted, 'Mione. - By any means, you all need not to unsettle yourselves. I'm quite positive that my dad has returned to the scheduled lessons. Though, if it disburdens your distress, I enthusiastically accept the duty of being pitched to the wolves." After a discreet wink was shelled out to a certain Potter; the indomitable lioness shuffled to peer around the distrusting lecture room's door...only to be met by her father's infirmed figure hunched over a desk. "All is well," she announced to her class; fully pushing the door open to confirm her words.

Professor Lupin, her dad, was back at work. It certainly looked as though he'd been ill. His outdated robes hung much more loosely, and the customary dark shadows beneath amber orbs seemed eclipsed. - Gemini was sure she'd have appeared just as below par had it not been for the invention of cosmetics. - However, disregarding how indisposed he appeared to be, Remus Lupin smiled brightly as the students took their seats. Though, such an inviting gesture sent the children into pandemonium...all of them, omitting his own child, burst into an explosion of complaints regarding Snape's demeanor whilst Lupin had been under the weather. - "It's not fair," Dean Thomas fussed; griping so loud it rung over alternative grievances, "He was only filling in, Professor! So, why should he think to assign us homework? Two rolls of parchment...concerning werewolves of all topics!" The scarred man's radiant facade slipped, a slight frown now evident, as he probed, "Did you tell Professor Snape we haven't covered them yet?"

"Yes, but he wouldn't listen and at most claimed that we were really behind," Ron explained; flushing a dark red as he remembered the infuriating event. Professor Lupin grinned at the look of indignation on every face before him; assuring, "Don't worry. I'll speak to Professor Snape. You don't have to do the essay." The class cheered. Yet; Hermione grumbled in disappointment, "Oh no...I've already finished it!"
___________________________________

"May I please be present at your upcoming, nonpublic lessons taught by my father?," Gemini queried. - Just two weeks prior, postliminary to their lecture of the Hinkypunk, Harry had been requested to remain after class. There, Remus Lupin had complied to teaching Harry how to contend against Dementors. Since that point in time, after the boy revealed this to his companion, Gemini hadn't let up in her demands of accompanying them. - "I cannot make sense of why you wish to do so," Harry imparted; abrading onyx tufts of hair in hindrance, "Haven't you already mastered the defense spells needed in an engagement with those creatures?" Gemini scoffed, "Of course, Love. But that doesn't mean that I can't be there for moral support." The Boy-Who-Lived twisted to front onto his dearest friend, emeralds squinted as calculations were made in whether her words were dependable. "Why does your expression so closely resemble a Mandrake at this moment?," the girl grimaced; shuffling a foot back.