SIX. | PLAYING QUIDDITCH TO PLAYING SNAPE

QUIDDITCH WAS THE ONLY THING THAT COULD MAKE GEMINI A MORNING PERSON; MUCH LIKE HOW READING COULD TURN HER INTO A NIGHT OWL. Harry and her were instructed to meet Oliver Wood at midday to practice their strengths. The girl already knew the basics, but she wanted to see if Wood had any criticism to offer. It was heard through the grapevine how overly obsessed the teen was with the sport.

Harry kept glancing over at his counterpart. "What is it, Potter?", Gemini questioned with a quirk of an eyebrow. "Nothing. You just look even more beautiful without makeup," Potter exclaimed; nervously. Emerald's were glued to the light freckles that dusted her nose. Gemini was about to retaliate to his unassuming compliment, but Oliver Wood appeared carrying a trunk that he dropped down in front of them, emitting a loud bang.

"Alright," Oliver exclaimed, as he clapped his hands together,"Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each team has seven players; three chasers, two beaters, one keeper, and a seeker. There are a triad of balls - This red one here, its called a Quaffle. Now, Gemini, the chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops. Which, I have been told you already know. The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops. You both with me so far?" Oliver asked before throwing the Quaffle towards Gemini, who caught it with ease. Harry watched Gemini throw the ball back to Wood before he responded, "I think so. What are those?", he asked pointing towards two squirming chained up balls. Gemini grimaced at the sight of the crazed bludgers.

Oliver handed Gemini and Harry each a beaters bat. They were small and seemed insignificant, but were surprisingly sturdy. "You both better take those," Oliver said to the two young Gryffindors. Bending down, Oliver released the irritated balls. They released angry growls, and flew off into the air. The three of them watched them soar. "Careful now, they're coming back," Oliver warned the two. The balls whizzed down, and they both crack at it with the bats they were given. The balls ascend far off. "Eh, not bad, Potter. You'd make a fair beater. Now you, Lupin-Black, you would make a fantastic beater. If Fred and George didn't have that twin telepathy going on I would definitely suit you up for that position. Easy to see the Black blood running through your veins," Wood smiled kindly at her. That was the first time anyone had ever complimented her on her relations to the Black's, instead of her Mother.

"Uh-oh," Oliver grumbled when he spotted the balls zooming back in their direction. Gemini and Wood grabbed at one each, they wriggled to get them back in the box. Both succeeded, but were noticeably out of breath. Oliver looked at Harry, who held an air of wonder about him, and explained, "Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But the only ball I want you to worry about, Harry, is this...the Golden Snitch." Oliver dropped a walnut sized ball in Harry's palm. It's gold varnish glittered in the sunlight.

"I like this ball," Harry notified Wood. Oliver shook his head slightly, "Ah. You like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see." Gemini laughed at Wood's bluntness. "Hope your prescription is up to date," she told Harry.

"What do I do with it?," Harry cautiously asked the older boy. Oliver thought hard before he explained it the best he could,"You catch it...before the other team's seeker. You catch this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter; and we win." As if knowing it was being talked about, the ball fluttered out two delicate wings. Then it jumped out into the air, and Harry snapped his eyes back and forth in search of it.

"Now, we are going to practice today to see what you both have to offer. I trust McGonagall's judgement, and you both have superb Quidditch blood running through those veins. Gemini, you are going to be racing about the pitch and trying to get the quaffle past me. Harry, while were are doing that, you are going to try and catch the snitch as many times as you can," Wood delineated. The pre-teens nodded in understanding.

Before they mounted their brooms; Gemini turned towards Wood and said,"Hey Wood, I know Lupin-Black is a mouthful. If there is no room on the back of the jersey...just put down LB." Wood nodded knowingly and Gemini felt a bit relieved. Harry looked at her sympathetically. He knew about the jeering taunts constantly sent her way, and though she claimed it didn't bother her...it wasn't ideal. "Alright, let's do this," Wood said joyously.
___________________________________

Gemini was drenched in sweat, but she was unbelievably happy. Her veins flowed with a newfound adrenaline. She had managed to get a majority of her shots past Wood, and it was like Harry had a sixth sense for damn snitches. The girl was proud of them both, and the teens bright smile showed he was as well. "It is like you are both naturals! Merlin, we have a shot this year," Wood projected enthusiastically once they dismounted their brooms. He gave them both high fives before running off with mumbles about practicing with the team.

"You did amazing, Gemini!," Harry Potter yelled breathlessly. "You as well, Harry," she responded, happily. He beamed from her praise, "Oh, thank you. I wasn't sure...Hey! Your detention with Snape is tonight, isn't it? I could walk you, if you'd like of course," he scratched the back of his head awkwardly. He just wanted to spend more time around her. She chose to not think it odd he remembered that, and instead found it endearing. "Sure," she accepted graciously.

Harry Potter was positive that this was the best day he had experienced so far in his life. Escorting Gemini down to the dungeons and listening to her ramble about the color green was remarkable. Regrettably, they reached the door where Harry had to leave her. "Well, this is my stop. Thanks for walking me. Want a hug goodbye?," she opened her arms with a glint in her eyes. He was certain she had meant it jokingly, because she was thoroughly covered in sweat. He was as well though, and even if he wasn't; he knew he would've still accepted her offer. So, he quickly pulled her into his arms. Gemini let out a startled squeak, but instantly relaxed when she understood what he was doing. The smell of her coconut shampoo was still improbably strong, and the smell offered Harry a sense of unexplainable comfort. They basked in one another's embrace, and they were so engrossed with the hug that they didn't hear the opening of a door. "Excuse me, Black. 5 points for indecency. Come in now," Snape growled out. Harry's cheeks burned in embarrassment, but Gemini pulled away; unbothered. "Aw, Snivellus," she wailed dejectedly, "We are best buds at this point. You should know it's Lupin-Black."