NINE. | CHRISTMAS BREAK

THE ONLY WEREWOLF TRAIT REMUS LUPIN HAD PASSED ON TO HIS DAUGHTER, KNOWINGLY, WAS THE CONSTANT HIGH BODY TEMPERATURE. If she hadn't inherited that; she was free from doubt that she'd be complaining during this moment.

Hermione had insisted the golden quartet visit Hagrid before the girls headed home for Yule; venture to his hut across an expanse of white powder, that is. Gemini was overjoyed to see the man, but not happy having to tread through a thick layer of snow. That is why three Gryffindors walked along a snowy path besides the half-giant, and Harry appeared over the moon to watchful eyes. Since his Gem was irate; she insisted either Ron or Harry carry her, and Ron was smart enough to not fight Harry on that. Gemini's warmth that radiated from his back had already made this Christmas to be the best, and it was now solidified winter be his favorite season.

"Nonsense," Hagrid replied to their previous chat, "Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" He received an exasperated look from all of the children. Harry started out, "Who knows. Why did he try to get past that three headed dog on Halloween?" Brave move, Harry. Hagrid looked appalled, "Who told you 'bout Fluffy?" Gemini looked around Harry's left shoulder, "Fluffy," she deadpanned at Hagrid. "That thing has a name?", Ron queried in shock. The groundskeeper glanced around before he answered carefully, "Well, of course he's got a name! He's mine. I bought him off of an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the...,"and spluttered towards the end. "Yes?", Harry asked eagerly. "Shouldn't 'ave said that," Hagrid stated stressed, "Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is." Top secret? Gemini wondered what they'd be hiding on school grounds. Harry tried to push him for more answers, "But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Hagrid roughly shook his head, "Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

"Just because you are a teacher does not mean you can't be an absolute git," Gemini declared; confidently. "Right you are, Gem," Harry agreed. He always made sure to include her in conversations, and no matter what...he thoroughly listened to what she had to say. Hagrid looked taken aback at Gemini's harsh words, but in his mind he had unknowingly compared her to Sirius. "What Gemini means," Hermione stated cautiously, "Is; Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a curse when I see one. I have read all about them. You have to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking." Ron nodded, "Exactly." The children remained tenacious throughout their allegations, and the gamekeeper couldn't squash feelings of exasperation. Hagrid sighed; roiled, and cautioned, "Now; you listen to me...especially you Gemini. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

Harry tightened his grip on the back of Gemini's thighs before he asked, "Nicholas Flamel?" Hagrid's face paled significantly. "I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that," the man grumbled; furious with himself. Not leaving time for them to question further; Hagrid nodded at them in acknowledgment, and then the large man rushed off. "Nicholas Flamel," Harry started out, "who is Nicholas Flamel?" Hermione shook her head,"I don't know." They began to trudge back toward the castle, consumed with multiple unanswered questions. "Boy's. Over the holidays you should keep looking in the library for Nicholas Flamel," Hermione suggested. Ron's face fell into an exasperated mask, "We have looked. A hundred times." Gemini chuckled mischievously before the retaliation slipped, "Not in the restricted section."
___________________________________

"IT IS CHRISTMAS!", Gemini bellowed; jumping up and down on Remus' bed. The man groaned, half-heartedly, before he burrowed deeper into the warmth his comforter provided. "No, Daddy," Gemini wailed dramatically; her body falling on top of him, "I made you hot chocolate and it is going to get cold if you don't get up!" An amber eye cracked open at the proclamation; then, the man reacted fast as he now held his daughter to his chest. "You are too kind to me," Remus whispered out. The words were spoken quietly, but the silence around them made it seem like a yell. Her Dad was always a tad emotional on Christmas, after all...this was her parents wedding anniversary. They never openly conversed this topic, but she knew it still upsets him. Today would've marked fourteen years. "No, you are too kind to me," the girl muttered; shutting her eyes in comfort, "You are the best dad in the world."