TEN. | PRANKS AND PETRIFICATION

GEMINI, HERMIONE, AND RON HUFFED; AS THEY FINALLY ARRIVED TO WHERE THEIR FRIEND HAD LOCATED. Harry Potter stood, balmy, transfixed by a corridor's wall. They were all utterly convinced that he was off his rocker, and his actions only encouraged that assumption.

"Harry," Ron started out, "What are you doing?" Gemini sharply looked at the ginger buffoon; he did not approach the situation carefully. They had already sprung a multitude of question's on the boy, and now that he stood in a creepy silence...probably not best to continue with that. As a substitute for answering them, Harry's fingers slightly trembled as he pointed at the wall that faced him. His friends followed his direction and were shocked at what they now viewed. In dripping red...paint, maybe, there was something written on the uneven stones. "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened?," Hermione read out loud, unsure. Both girl's looked at each other in befuddlement, but neither of them knew what the statement meant. Taking into account how the message was delivered...Gemini expected that it wasn't anything pleasant. "What's that? Hanging underneath," Ron, eventually coming out of shock, queried. The rest of the group took notice of what Ron was inquiring about, and Gemini harshly sucked in a breath. A cat hung stiffly by it's tail from one of the torch brackets. It wasn't just any stray, though. Gemini could easily identify that cat; from the numerous of times she had spent running away from it. "That's Filch's cat. That is definitely Miss. Norris," she informed the lot.

They all winced. Filch's aberrant obsession with his cat was a widely known fact. Gemini's eyes shifted to the adjacent window; in a attempt of trying to forget what she saw, and noticed multiple spider's as they scuttled up a silver thread. It appeared as if they were fighting one another to get through a crack in the glass. The insects looked frantic; how peculiar. It seemed Harry had observed the same thing; for he asked, "Ron, Look at that! Have you ever seen spiders act like that?" After a few beats of silence, Harry turned around, "Ron?," he questioned...with much more emotion. The ginger had already began to back away after the first announcement of their unknown guests, "I...I don't...like spiders."

Suddenly, the stairwell contiguous to them delivered dozens of students. Their chattering instantaneously halted when they viewed the word's plastered on the wall. It did nothing to help that they saw the Gryffindor Quartet standing in front of the eerie claims; alone. It came off as quite suspicious. A thudding silence fell, the only thing heard was Draco Malfoy pushing his way to the front. When he finally arrived, out of the throng of students, he eyed the wall with a nasty grin. "Enemies of the heir, beware!," Malfoy boastfully read out, "You'll be next, Mudbloods!" They all could have went without him reading the last verse, and the unnecessary hateful taunts. Draco's pale blues settled on Hermione, and Gemini protectively stepped in front of her companion. With a pop of her knuckles, Draco had backed away. Obviously, he was not looking to get pummeled with a larger crowd in attendance.

Filch appeared, and Gemini knew it about to go to Hell. She, strangely, felt a sense of sympathy in regards to what he unknowingly walked into. "What's going on here? Go on now! Make way...Miss. Norris?!," he wailed; once he realized what the mass of students were crowded around. Unexpectedly, the wiry man turned on Gemini. There was a fierce glint in his eye's as he accused, "You! You've murdered my cat! You're always causing me trouble. I'll kill you! I'll-". He was cut off by the furious child, "I didn't bloody touch Miss. Norris! I'll admit; a lot of my amusing pranks are administered on you, but I would never kill an animal! And...I would like to see you try and kill me. Go on. I dare you." The way her face stonily sat terrified the other children. They knew to never test the combined Lupin-Black temper, and it seemed Hogwarts' caretaker had crossed that line by a mile. The man's hands, that had found their way to rest on her shoulders, significantly lost the grip they once conducted. Harry, who was now restricted by Ron, glared at the thin man for touching her.