ONE. | PLATFORM NINE & THREE QUARTERS

GEMINI HAD GROWN UP SINCE THAT CALAMITOUS NIGHT. Developing from an unaware one-year-old to an adventure-hungry eleven-year-old.

Gemini Lily Lupin-Black had developed into an existing enigma. The novels she possessed had their spines cracked from the multitude of times they were read, but she detested common schoolwork that was forced upon her. Clothes always adorned her figure in a disheveled state, but a large chunk of time was spent in making sure her curls were not frizzed. A warm tone was often conducted to make others feel accepted, but she never hesitated to throw a swift punch to those who needed it. Her upbringing aided in her humble nature, but in regards to herself...she was undoubtedly vain. A self-taught prankster whom enjoyed learning if it benefited. It was as if her parent's personalities were constantly fighting for dominance; making her name suite her in such a perfect way.

Remus Lupin had immediately learned that there was never a boring moment when it came to his daughter; that made her upbringing much more eventful. Never really a time to dwell. Resultant to returning from his father's after Sirius' imprisonment, the decision was made to leave that part of him behind. They moved a bit away to a Muggle village; partially because obtaining a profession in the wizarding world as a werewolf proved difficult, and the Father taught at the local Primary School. His daughter wished to be homeschooled, though; and so she was. Her room at their current cottage was full of paint splashes, poetry books, records, and quidditch magazines. Despite the artistic surroundings; the girl had learned the basics from only the best. While he taught the impressionable youth, Gemini was watched by Minerva McGonagall; who had affectionately taken the girl under a motherly wing. McGonagall taught her all thing's magic, but that proved to backfire slightly when the mischievous Lupin-Black had completed the animagus process at only ten years of age to accompany her Father.

Remus, in spite of all his insecurities, was an excellent Dad. He never lied to her, always attempted to understand her, and he tried to make sure she had on no occasion went without. They both felt content in their life and with one another.
___________________________________

On September 1st, Gemini's eyes begrudgingly fluttered opened. She recognized her Father's fingers resting in her identical curls, and nuzzled her head deeper into his calloused palm. Merlin, Remus knew she'd have a fit if anyone else saw what state her hair was in. He towered above her with a sad smile, for today would be the first time she left him willingly. For years it had been them two together, and it felt as though it were only yesterday she was no bigger than his hand.

"Good morning, Dad," the young brunette smiled sleepily. The man would never tire from hearing his daughter's tinkling voice. "Good morning, Gem," he lovingly started out, "You best start getting ready soon or we are going to be late." Confusion instantly clouded her features as she viewed the alarm clock placed beside her bedding. "Pray tell, why am I being woken up before noon?," she playfully questioned. The girl had a dreadful habit of consistently sleeping in everyday, and it usually ended in Remus dragging her away from a mountain of pillows. "Well, today is supposed to be your first day at Hogwarts. Alas, if you desire to stay in bed I suppose I can continue to homeschool you," the kindhearted man explained; silently hoping she wished to stay.

Thump.

Gemini had taken a tumble onto the cobblestone, because her excitement caused her to move too rapidly. Remus let a loud laugh escape him from seeing her tangled up in her sage quilt. Undoubtedly; the traits of Gryffindor shone brightly to those who met the child, but green continued to be her favorite color. Another trait of hers that clashed accordingly. She was adorable, even with the murderous expression that adorned her face. Her dad helped her steady before she fully thrust herself into his arms.