EIGHTEEN. | FRENEMIES

"BLACK," AN ICY VOICE SNIPPED; HANDS STEADYING GEMINI'S DISTRESSED FIGURE, "WHERE THE BLOODY FUCK DID YOU COME FROM?" Silver met ultramarine; causing the female to hastily expel herself from the former substratum. "It's Lupin-Black," she automatically corrected; brushing at her eyes in fear they'd have seen the tears that still threatened to fall, "And like I'd tell you, Malfoy."

The Slytherin Prince skeptically nodded as he carefully considered the Gryffindor Lioness. Obvious moisture welled up behind those silver orbs, yet her gaze remained narrowed. No matter how let down she felt...she refused to disclose any knowledge of the secret passageway and the invisibility cloak that allowed her to materialize in front of Draco Malfoy. "Look," she quipped after a beat of silence, "If, um - If you're attempting to formulate the best taunt known to mankind or, well, womankind...can I suggest a raincheck? Perhaps tomorrow? Not that you alone could thoroughly demolish my confidence, don't want your ego boosted. But my best friend just...Never mind. Like you'd want to here about that. So, tomorrow morning? Breakfast time? Great. See you then, Malfoy." Though as she moved to step around the boy, the Slytherin's hand encircled her wrist in obstructing her leave. Gemini grumbled; assuming that was how it was to be. "Malfoy," she deplored; attempting to retrieve said appendage secured in his grasp, "The plan is to pulverize each other tomorrow. I assumed the exiguous braincells you did inherit would help you in comprehending that to some measure. Merlin, that presumption falls on me then for believing all descendants of Black held some bit of wit. Just, fuck. Let. Me. Go. What're you -."

"What did Saint Potter do?," Malfoy hissed; glowering at the female before him. "What?," Gemini questioned as she halted in breaking away; understandably confused. "I asked," the Slytherin continued; glancing around them to make sure no one was near, "What did Potter do? Tell me." Now Gemini was sure, with the platinum blonde stood before her, that after all of the events that had happened in this term alone...she'd bloody lost it. "Who said it was Potter? And, more importantly, why the fuck do you want to know?," she snapped; narrowing her eyes in suspicion. Her distant cousin huffed, rolling his eyes in vexation, and merely briefed, "Please. I assumed the exiguous braincells you did inherit would help you comprehend to some measure that the inhabitants of Hogwarts view how close you and Potter are. Not a soul is dense enough to believe you two aren't the best of friends. Besides that, the fact that you alone have just referred to him as Potter...it says a lot."

"Well, that is his name. Is it not?," the Gryffindor huffed; finally removing her wrist from Malfoy's grasp, "And do not use my own words against me." Draco continued to stare at her in refusal of letting the subject be dropped. Gemini, observing the unwavering gaze, threw her hands up in frustration. Then, in a reversal of roles, Gemini latched on to his wrist and hauled him over to the nearest window seat. "Muffliato" she spelled; pulling the struggling boy to sit down on the stonework. "You know," she huffed; frowning at the Slytherin, "For someone who was so adamant in having a conversation...it took quite some effort to magnetize you not even a hundred feet away." Incredulous blue eyes shifted to meet her questioning orbs. "How was I to know we were to have a civil conversation?! For all I had known, you were pulling me over here to push me out of this window! Merlin, are all of you Gryffindors cut from the same cloth? You do not drag someone away without warning them where they are to go, especially if you are not on good terms with said someone," Malfoy sniffed in disdain. Gemini snickered; disclosing, "I drug us over here, as you so eloquently put it, so that we have some coverage from peering eyes should anyone pass. Better us sat by this window with a Muffliato cast than out and open in the middle of the hallway." Malfoy examined her in disbelief; castigating, "All of this for an exchange of words? You are so dramatic." Gemini simply waved off his comment; retaliating, "Pot and kettle, Malfoy. And, no, I am not going to explain what that means if you do not already know. - Now, what is it that you so desperately wish to know about my despair?"