NINE. | THE VOICES

"BLOODY HELL," GEORGE WEASLEY MOANED OUT IN PAIN; HANDS HOLDING HIS NOW BRUISED CHEEK." Precedent to being punched, the twins had set off in search of Gemini Lupin-Black. They had found her in the fifth corridor, comfortably situated on a windowsill; her nose deeply interred in a novel. Truth be told, Gemini could be an absolute sweetheart when no one else was around. It was as if the Lupin genes dominated her personality when unattended. In moments like these, one would hardly recognize the sarcastic girl who seemed to always have a trick up her sleeve.

The Weasley's, at that point in time, had appreciated her being so distracted. They sent one another an identical grin before, jokingly, pouncing on the unsuspecting girl. Gemini let out a startled yell from the unexpected hands on her person and, without looking, turned around and delivered a powerful punch. Which is where all three of them presently found themselves. - "Goodness, Georgie! I would apologize, but I have endlessly warned you both to not do that. You never learn," she scolded in exasperation. When she viewed the deep purple blossom at a rapid rate, forming a galaxy behind his star-like freckles, it made her feel the tiniest bit of guilt. At that point in time, she truly had hit him with all that she had in her. Fred laughed ferociously when he perceived his brother's misfortune. He had gotten out unscathed, or else he would have sported an equal pout. "Shut up, Gred! She can pack a punch," the younger of the two started out, "Gem, we only went off to find you because we need to prank outside of our regular schedule. Merlin, we just thought it'd be off character of us to lamely walk up to you before setting off on an adventure." The remorse that had begun to grow within her...was replaced instantly by bubbling enthusiasm, "You should have just started off with that! Well, tell me what we are doing today." Both ginger's smiled at her eagerness; they swore up and down that she was meant to be their triplet.

"Right. This evening we are going after Filch. He's got our map and we need it back," Fred cautiously informed her. Oh, yes. The Marauder's Map. Fred and George had introduced the map to her last year, after she had dyed Snape's hair a bubblegum pink. They believed her to be worthy of knowing about it's existence, and she didn't have the heart to tell them she was already familiar with the piece of parchment. It was the map her father, mother, and their friends created during their time at Hogwarts. Gemini had yet to tell the boys she had knowledge of who the inventors were, and in silence; shamefully enjoyed having a piece of her mother. "You idiots! How did he get it back?," Gemini heatedly inquired. This would be the third time Filch had nicked it off of one of them; it had become a glorified game of tug of war. They all assumed Filch needed it because he had proven himself to be incompetent, and the map aided him in doing his job. Fred sheepishly responded, "Well...you see..it slipped out of my pocket?" He honestly didn't know how the man had gotten it back, or how the Squib even knew how it worked. It was thought they accidentally left it open the first time he had come across it; after it originally being stolen. A blank stare was offered in return of his explanation. "I had to get the map back myself last time. Why don't you both just ask Lee for help on this one? I was in the middle of reading an entertaining book," she huffed out in annoyance. Truthfully, to a certain degree; she wanted to partake in the prank, but desired to hear them admit they needed her help. As if they could hear her thoughts, both of the twins got down on their knees; bringing their hands together in a praying gesture. "Oh, Prank Queen. We require your assistance in forming a plan, because we are growing tired of the childish schemes we have used on him. Please help us," they begged; looking up to her with big brown eyes.

A wicked grin formed on the girl's face. "This is what we are going to be doing today," she declared. Identical, dopey, grins were shot her way, and both boy's scurried to get up from the ground. Once all standing, Gemini proceeded to inform them of a plan she had recently speculated. The girl could always be counted on to keep thing's interesting, that was for sure. Her inherited thirst for knowledge mixed with her inherited impishness were sometimes a deadly combination.