EIGHT. | SNAKES BELONG ON THE GROUND

GEMINI WAS PRACTICALLY BUZZING AS GEORGE WEASLEY CARRIED HER TO THE QUIDDITCH PITCH, NOT PERCEIVING HARRY'S CRESTFALLEN LOOK. The Gryffindor Quidditch team all trailed behind Oliver Wood in apparent high spirits, because today was the first practice of the season.

They primarily walked in an elated silence, not wanting to avert their determined Captain. Oliver Wood fostered an extreme unhealthy obsession for the sport, and it was as if the game was the preeminent of his existence. The teen himself cleared his throat and started to explain, "I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We're going to train earlier, harder, and longer!" Gemini was about to take one for the team and offer her resentful feelings about it all, but seeing the now squinted look on Wood's face even stopped herself. "What the...I don't believe this!," he furiously quipped. The rest of the team looked up to see what the shaking Gryffindor had referred to. Crossing the courtyard from the alternative side were seven boys in emerald robes; also bearing, glossier, broomsticks. At the lead of the Slytherin Quidditch team stood Marcus Flint, their trollish looking Captain. Gemini quickly scrambled out of George's arms, unknowingly satisfying Harry, because she knew stuff was bound to get serious. Something was intervening with Wood's infatuation right now. "Uh-Oh, I smell trouble," Gemini mumbled.

"Clear out, Flint! I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today," their Captain commanded indignantly. "Easy, Wood. I've got a note," the snake satisfactorily countered. Oliver seized the bit of parchment from Flint's hand and resentfully read out loud, "I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker. You've got a new Seeker? Who?" A pasty-faced boy pushed his way to the front of his partners....it was Malfoy. Gemini could not even reign in the laughter that bubbled from her, "Oi! Just let them have it, Wood. They are going to need all the practice they can get with the Slytherin Princess on their team. Merlin, Draco. You regularly get manicures and you expect me to be frightened of the thought of competing against you?" A majority of the Gryffindor's joined along in the girl's amusement; especially so when Draco's face flushed a flaming cherry red. "Someone should muzzle you, Cousin. There is always something senseless tumbling from your traitor mouth," he sneered venomously. Gemini rolled her eyes at what was supposed to be a direct threat. Harry stood closer to the girl after the comment and dumbly echoed, "Draco?" He seemed confused himself that his sallow enemy could genuinely play.

"That's right, and that's not all that is new this year," the young Slytherin confidently added. As one, the seven Slytherin's proceeded to hold up seven brand-new broomsticks. They gleamed beautifully and the Gryffindors were rightfully stunned. They had been so frustrated that they hadn't even noticed. "Those are Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones," Ron confirmed as he and Hermione walked up behind the group. "A generous gift from Draco's father," Flint boasted. Draco, having heard Ron's statement, smugly assured, "That's correct, Weasley. You see, unlike some, my father can afford to buy the best." Harry had to quickly grab onto Gemini as she settled into a defensive stance; the girl despised when people looked down upon others with less money. Specifically the Weasley's because they were considered a second family to her, and verily they had more money than herself. Hermione unexpectedly retaliated, "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent." Ron looked at her in awe; Hermione consistently had such witty comebacks. She always hit her opponent with the cold facts, and seeing it happen to someone besides himself was amazing to the ginger.

"No one asked for your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood," Draco hissed. Everyone, besides his fellow Slytherins, acted as if Malfoy said something horrific - everyone save Harry, who appeared puzzled. Instantly; George and Gemini flew for the blondes throat. Fred remained standing with a disappointed look on his face. Oliver Wood and Angelina Johnson clambered to grudgingly hold back their fuming teammates. "Save it for the match," Wood authorized; not wanting a serious brawl to lose him a member. Ron, who had no affiliation to any clubs, proceeded with his less violent attack, "You'll pay for that one Malfoy!" He passionately whipped out his broken wand, "Eat slugs!" His cracked wand promptly sent a bolt of green light staggering out of the wrong end. It instead hit Ron in the stomach, sending him to the ground, and Hermione briskly ran to him. "Ron! Say something!," she begged. In response, the boy opened his mouth and let out a terrible belch. A trio of slugs dribbled out of his mouth.