TWENTY. | THE END OF SECOND YEAR

THE TERNARY LIONS, COVERED IN MUCK AND SLIME; NOW SUBDUEDLY STOOD IN DUMBLEDORE'S OFFICE. Eyeing Fawkes, who perched on a pedestal behind their Headmaster's desk, Gemini commented, "Before we get started; I would just like it to be known that I have a newfound appreciation for birds."

Albus Dumbledore, who sat at his escritoire, chortled at the offhand remark. Much like her Mother; Gemini Lupin-Black held the ability to unintentionally make caliginous moments auroral. "They are, indeed, typically omitted from the category of vigor. I am sure Fawkes is grateful for your recognization, Miss. Lupin-Black," he humored subsequently; as he peered down at a tattered diary that rested on mahogany. Harry had brought him this, assumed, trivial bound pages; only to be educated on it's true importance. Lifting his blue orbs away from damaged parchment; Dumbledore bewildered, "Ingenious. Simply...ingenious. Of course, Tom Riddle was probably the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen. I taught him myself fifty years ago. After he left; I would occasionally hear stories of his activities, dark rumors, - but after awhile, even the rumors stopped. When he finally resurfaced as Lord Voldemort, most people had completely forgotten the clever Head Boy he'd once been." Gemini outwardly scoffed; mumbling, "Hermione Granger is the most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever seen, and it's only her second year." Though her correction was shrugged off with a mere smile, it wasn't amended.

Ginny, who had been situated behind the three; smothered by her parents, plead her case, "I didn't know whose diary it was, sir. I found it inside my cauldron." Chestnut irises flickered to the older Gryffindors; wishing to assure them as well of her obliviousness, "The day we all went to Diagon Alley...I've had it since then." Her admittance caused the trio to frown from thought; recollecting memories of that day. The youngest Weasleys continuation of entreaty prevented them from muling over it further; as she grimly continued her conversation with the authoritarian, "But I understand if...given all the trouble I've caused...if you -." Her shaky words were interjected by Dumbledore, "Wiser wizards than you have been hoodwinked by Lord Voldermort, Miss. Weasley. No, I think you've endured enough. I would suggest a bit of bed rest, however; and perhaps a large mug of hot chocolate. I always find that cheers me up. Minerva, will you show Arthur and Molly up to the hospital wing?" Grandma Minnie stood, offering Gemini a sharp glance, and responded, "Certainly, Albus." As the four of them exited; the Gryffindor Trio listened as Molly Weasley's voice echoed off of stone walls, "A diary that writes back to you! Honestly, Ginny! What were you thinking? Haven't I always told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps it's brain!"

Gemini whistled lowly; turning back to face Dumbledore, "I'm assuming my Dad was also informed?" At the nod in confirmation; Gemini turned to face her two boys, "Well, it was nice knowing the both of you. Also, please send my love to Hermione. Because, if you think that reaction was bad...just wait." Dumbledore chuckled at her deceleration, and the attention turned on him once more. Now; regarding them gravely, he questioned, "You three realize, that in the last few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules?" Gemini hummed; answering for them all, "Bit of a record, I'll say. Freddie and Georgie will surely be proud." Dumbledore continued to chastise, "You also realize; there is sufficient evidence to expel you all?" This time, taking a more respectable approach, the three chorused, "Yes, sir." Despite the threat of expulsion hanging over them; blue eyes twinkled behind half-moon spectacles, praising, "Therefore, it seems only fitting...that you three receive Special Awards for Services to the School. And - let me see - yes, I think two hundred points a piece, which; I believe, should be more than enough to secure Gryffindor the House Cup." A relieved sigh escaped the children, "Thank you, sir."

"Now; Mr. Weasley and Miss. Lupin-Black, if you would, have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban. We need our gamekeeper back," Dumbledore requested. The ginger vigorously nodded, and tentatively retrieved the envelope from bony fingers. Gemini, however, was nervous to leave Harry alone with their Headmaster. The boy had just experienced another duel against his oppressor; whether he admitted it aloud or not, he surely needed comfort from a constant in his life. "If it's all the same to you, Professor...I'd rather stay. My body is quite fatigued from lifting all of those rocks. Ronald seems to be in tip-top shape, though," the excuse tumbled from her. A knowing sparkle shone within knowledgeable eyes. "Of course," Dumbledore agreed; waving his hand to a departing Ron. Harry eyed the girl, curiously, as she plopped down in the armchair Ginny had previously resided. Sensing a gaze upon her; Gemini exclaimed, "Don't worry. It'll be like I'm not even here. You two continue."