TEN. | BACK TO HOGWARTS

GEMINI DID LIKE TO READ, BUT ONLY WHEN IT WAS DONE OUT OF FREE WILL. That is why this process seemed utterly painful. In the library, they all sat, reading to the best of their abilities.

Harry had been too distracted by Gemini's beauty to read a book. Her hair was up in it's signature twist, and her wand was the only thing that kept the mahogany curls from falling in her face. When she focused her nose would scrunch up from concentrating too much. Her uniform looked positively rumpled, but she pulled it off so well. Her eyes snapped up to catch him in the act of taking her in, and it broke him out of his stupor. A dark blush coated his cheeks as he tried to save himself, "Uh..I never got to say thank you, by the way. I really liked my Christmas presents." She smiled at him warmly. "Me too," Ron cut off loudly, "I can't believe I have all of the trading cards now. Merlin, Fred and George were so jealous." The girl snorted, "They shouldn't be. I gave them amazing gifts." Harry felt dread pool in the bottom of his stomach; why did she get George a present? She didn't spend nearly as much time with the twins as she did with the Golden Trio.

Hermione, with a large book in her hands, stomped up to the table her friends sat at. She dropped the leather book down, and the loud thump scared Harry out of his thoughts. She huffed before saying, "I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading." Ron grimaced, "This is light?" Hermione shot him a deadly glare, "Of course! Here it is! "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!" Ron and Harry shared mutual looks of confusion, "The what?" Gemini laughed at how they spoke in unison. "Honestly, don't you two read?", Hermione questioned them seriously. Gemini rolled her eyes before grabbing the book and reading out, "The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and it produces the Elixir of Life; which will make the drinker immortal."

Ron questioned, "Immortal?" Gemini snorted and deadpanned, "It means you'll never die, Ronald." The red haired spluttered and then yelled out, "I know what it means!" Gemini sent him a cheeky grin at his obvious frustration. "Shh," Harry exclaimed when he saw the librarian shoot them all a nasty glare. Gemini continued reading out the excerpt, ""The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday. Wow, he is ancient. Wait! It says here that Albus Dumbledore was once partners in alchemy with the man!" Hermione begin to mentally connect the dots, "That's what Fluffy's guarding on the third floor. That's what is under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!"

Harry looked up with a calculated expression, "So. Flamel knows someone's after the stone. He gave it to Dumbledore, since they are friends, and it is claimed to be safe at Hogwarts. Not realizing that the one who's after it...teaches at Hogwarts." Hermione closed the book. Obviously troubled by something she exclaimed, "We need to go see Hagrid."

"I still can't believe that monsters name is Fluffly," Gemini chimed as they hurriedly walked.
___________________________________

That night they all ran across the wet grounds to Hagrid's hut. Ron pounded on the door and it opened fast. "Hagrid," Harry exclaimed. The giant stood before them clad in oven mitts and an apron. Gemini tried not to compare him to a typical housewife."Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude but i'm in no fit state to entertain today," he let out before he closing the door. Gemini let out a scandalous gasp. "We know about the Philosopher's Stone," Harry yelled at the oak door. Quickly, the door reopened and they were ushered into the small hut.

"We think Snape's trying to steal it," Harry let out as soon as they entered. Hagrid looked at them with an appalled expression, "Snape? Blimey, Harry. You're not still on about him, are you?" Hermione began to try and reason with him, "Hagrid, we know he's after the stone. We just don't know why." Hagrid was obviously frustrated at this point as he loudly exclaimed, "Snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone! He is not about to steal it!" There was a shocked silence. "Well, that is unexpected," Gemini whistled out whilst she rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet. Harry spared a glance in her direction before he asked, "What?" Despite having just revealed another huge secret; Hagrid nodded affirmatively, "That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me."

Hermione looked at Ron who had shuffled away from Hagrid's large dog, Fang. The Groundskeeper continued to spill out his two sense, "Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Hehe, not a soul knows how; except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I should not have told you that!" Merlin, Gemini loved Hagrid but knew to never tell him a secret. Suddenly, the cauldron Hagrid had over his fire began to rattle. "Oh!", he exclaimed as he hurried over and pulled out a large egg ."Ooh," he shrieked as he could feel the heat despite the oven mitts. "Are you making an omelet, Hagrid?", Gemini asked. She was shot a playful glare as the group crowded around the oddly colored egg.

"Uh, Hagrid," Harry let out, "What exactly is that?" Hagrid looked up; obviously unsure on how to answer. He stuttered out, "That? Uh..It's a...an um-," but his poor answer was interrupted by Ron. "I know what that is! But Hagrid, how did you get one?" Hagrid then proudly explained, "I won it off a stranger I met down at the pub. They seemed quite glad to be rid of it, as a matter of fact." Gemini, who had just now realized what the egg was, took a cautious step forwards. The egg began to rattle and cracks sounded throughout the room. Pieces of the shell had fallen off and a dragon emerged. It squeaked as it stood up only to slip. "Is that...a dragon?," Hermione questioned. Ron answered before Hagrid had the chance, "That's not just a dragon, that is a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania." Gemini let out a squeal, "It is so cute!" Harry wished it wasn't such an awkward situation or else he would have told Gemini that she was the cute one.

"Isn't he beautiful?," Hagrid asked like a proud parent." Oh, bless him. He knows his Mommy. Hehe, 'ello Norbert," the giant said lovingly. Harry questioned, "Norbert?" Hagrid gave him an incredulous look, "Yeah, well. He's got to have a name, doesn't he?" Ron and Gemini both let out a loud laugh. First Fluffy and now Norbert. Hagrid raised his fingers back and forth across Norbert's chin, "Don't you, Norbert?" Out of no where; Norbert backed away and blew a fireball into Hagrid's beard. "Wicked," Gemini exclaimed after watching the flames. "He'll have to be trained up a bit, of course," Hagrid stated. The giant looked up and saw someone looking in through his window, "Who is that?" When the Golden Quartet snapped their head's in the direction Hagrid was looking, the person scampered off. Harry solemnly answered, "Malfoy." This caused Hagrid to let out an uneasy laugh, "Oh, dear."

The three quickly walked back towards the castle, and upon entering they heard an owl screech. "Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told me so the first time I met him," Harry said breaking the anxious silence. Ron shook his head, "It's crazy. Worse now that Malfoy knows." Harry and Hermione exchanged a look. "I don't understand. Is it bad?," Harry asked confused. Gemini nodded her head and confirmed, "It is bad." There were numerous rules she had read with the pure intention of breaking them, but sometimes even she knew when there was a line you shouldn't cross. Hagrid had done so.

Lost in their thoughts, they hadn't noticed Professor McGonagall until it was too late. Gemini could not take her seriously; as her night gown clashed with that stern look upon her face. "Good evening," she spit out. Malfoy appeared smugly beside her. "Oi! I ought to hit you," Gemini roared viciously. Harry had held her back by her collar. Minnie ignored the threat and hissed out, "Follow me."

She led them to the Transfiguration classroom; her classroom. The four accused stood in front of McGonagall's desk, as she sat perched behind it. Malfoy stood a few feet away, and Gemini continued to send him murderous glances in the few moments of silence. "Nothing," McGonagall let out, "I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken." The outspoken girl gasped dramatically, "50?! Minnie are you serious?" McGonagall nodded gravely, "Each. To ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention." Gemini snorted, "What is that now for me? Is that my 25th detention?" All of her friends looked at her in horror, how could she be so calm right now? Malfoy nodded along with them, but then his smile vanished when he fully registered the words. "Excuse me, Professor McGonagall," Draco said, "Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said..."the five of us.""

The Transfiguration Professor exclaimed, "No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates." Harry, Ron, and Hermione grinned whilst Draco sagged. Gemini, however, yelled out, "What a Queen!"