FOURTEEN. | THE END OF FIRST YEAR

GEMINI MOANED OUT IN PAIN AS MERCURY EYES PEELED OPEN. Her head suffered from a throbbing ache, and it felt as though concrete weighed her being down. Is this what a hangover felt like? Blazing white lights harshly blinded her, now open, pupils; and bile rose to the back of her throat. "Fuck. Am I dead?," she groused; death at eleven hadn't been the proper arrangement.

"Maybe with a mouth like that, Young lady," a familiar, strangled, voice sounded from her left. Gazes locked; the troublesome Gryffindor viewed a disheveled Remus Lupin. - He resided in an uncomfortable chair, situated by his daughter's hospital bed. The bags under his eyes were considerably darker, and his caramel curls were tussled about more than usual. - "You look worse than me, Dad," Gemini croaked; a result from not speaking for a while. A watery chuckle escaped the single father, and a scarred hand covered quivering lips...to prevent the sobs threatening to fall. "Don't you ever do something that stupid again," he sternly warned; running shaky fingers through her knotted hair. "I'm grounded, aren't I?," Gemini, in an attempt to lighten the mood, jested. "Oh, you know it," Remus affirmed. A bright smile painted her features; only widening when she noticed a significant amount of candy that surrounded her. In advance of Madam Pomfrey coming to check her vitals; the girl tore into the closest packet of Fizzingly Fae's. "To be fair, I should be classified an amazing daughter. My final wish was for you to be gifted my secret stash of chocolate." Remus, in disparity, jolted his head, "My only desire is to have you; alive and breathing."

"GEMINI!," a yell from the right interjected their familial reunion. Remus twisted to view Harry Potter scrambling away from Hogwarts' Headmaster. The old man did not appear offended, but instead chuckled as Harry fell out of the hospital bed he had previously resided in. Jumping to his feet; Harry rushed to join the girl at her bedside...paying no mind to the two elder males. The bespectacled boy enfolded her, tightly, into a grasp. Pulling away and offering her a once over; only letting go when no severe injuries could be established. "Oh Merlin! I was so distressed about you. My Gem, you are to never do that again. I woke up a couple of hours before you. Hey, also saved you my chocolate frogs." Gemini spluttered, "P-Potter! I know that I am beautiful, but calm down! Thank you for the chocolate frogs, though." Harry beamed from the praise and her being classified as okay. It was not mentioned how he cried over her before other company had arrived, fearing she had been too badly injured.

Remus had a hard time watching this encounter for a multitude of reasons. This was his daughter, he could recall a similar situation like this happening between James and Lily, and Gemini was just like Sirius. It was all too overwhelming. The Father decided to clear his throat, as he was well conditioned in saving the past Potter from embarrassment. "Sweetheart," he started out, "I am going to floo home. I will see you at the train station in a few days; please stay out of trouble until then. - Pleasure to see you again, Harry." He stated giving his daughter a tight hug, and shaking the young wizard's hand. "I love you, Cub." Gemini breathed out happily, "I love you too, Daddy."

As he turned to walk out the door he heard, "See you later, Moony." Remus stopped dead in his tracks and turned around. He nearly had to do a double take. Harry Potter was an exact replica of James and it made his heart ache. Being around the boy was still a sensitive thing because he felt responsible for the shortcomings he had grown up with. Maybe if he had noticed something off with Sirius sooner it would have been different. "Hope you don't mind me calling you that! Gemini goes on and on about you; sometimes she addresses you as such." Harry was holding his daughter's hand, and Gemini was trying to muffle her laughter caused from Harry's blushing face. Remus smiled sadly at them, "It is quite alright, Harry. Thank you for looking after Gem." Then he walked out before his cubs could see him cry. ___________________________________

"...so that's what happened," Harry explained. Gemini and Harry were recently released from the hospital wing, and they were walking towards the Great Hall. "Wow," Gemini let out. He nodded his head as they both went and took their regular seats. Gemini could not wrap her head around the fact that Harry had faced Voldemort, and partially defeated him once more. It proved to be much more difficult in understanding Quivering Quirrell was Voldemort. An unattractive snort escaped her as she realized she pranked old Voldy multiple times. Merlin, her Mother would be so proud.

"These are some distasteful decorations," Gemini stated as she loaded her plate with some mashed potatoes. A majority of the Gryffindors nodded in agreement as they analyzed the Slytherin banners hung about. Those bloody snakes were ruining Gemini's favorite color. Ron, surprisingly, pushed his food away and turned to Harry, "Do you think Dumbledore meant for it all to happen? And for you to do it all? Sending you your father's cloak and all?" Harry shook his slowly shook his head. Dumbledore, at the head table, nodded to McGonagall. The woman stood up and proceeded to clank her glass; the hall quieted. Dumbledore rose once the chatter had ceased.

"Another year gone. Now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding. The points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points ( Percy shot Ron a nasty glare). Third place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw with 426 points. In first place, Slytherin stands with 472 points." There were immense cheering, and the Gryffindor's clapped along half-heartedly. Dumbledore rose a hand and the cheers ceased. "Yes, yes. Well done," he started out, "Well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. I have a few last minute points to award." The Slytherin's looked rightfully concerned.

Dumbledore cleared his throat before he said, "First, to Miss. Gemini Lupin-Black. For remaining level headed during stressful situations and bringing a sense of light during the dark, I award 40 points." Gemini sat in shock as the Gryffindors clapped loudly. Harry put a hand on her back, "Good job, gorgeous." She smiled happily. "Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley. For the best played game of wizards chess that Hogwarts has seen in many years...I award 40 points." Ron's face matched his hair and the twins yelled out, "THAT'S OUR BROTHER!" Percy shared their sentiment; his attitude about the boy rapidly changing. The Slytherin's paled as they realized the route this was going. Dumbledore continued, "Thirdly, to Miss. Hermione Granger. For the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 40 points." The busy haired girl ducked her head down in embarrassment at all of the attention she received. "Fourthly, to Mr. Harry Potter. For pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award 40 points."

The Gryffindor table could not be silent. "We're tied with Slytherin!," Hermione shouted out. "And finally," Dumbledore continued, "it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Mr. Neville Longbottom." No way. Neville sat shellshocked and the Gryffindor table reacted wildly. "Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order," Dumbledore sounded out. With a clap of his hands, the green banners changed to Gryffindor red and yellow. All eyes locked onto the red hourglass as it became full to the brim, "Gryffindor wins the House Cup!" Numerous hats were thrown up into the air, except Draco who smashed his on the table.

What a memorable year.
___________________________________

The train station was bustling. The train whistled as they Gryffindor Quarter climbed aboard. "Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?," Hermione asked as they sat down in their compartment. Harry shook his head, "I'm not going home. Not really."
Gemini almost felt guilty for being excited to see her Father, "Harry. You are welcome to come stay at my place anytime if you want." Harry looked almost shocked at her offer before he recovered fast, "Oh! Oh thanks. We'll see."

They ate various sweets and talked joyously.