EIGHT. | GRYFFINDOR VS. SLYTHERIN

THE GRYFFINDOR QUARTET SAT ANXIOUSLY IN THE GREAT HALL THE NEXT MORNING. Harry was stabbing at his pancakes and Gemini was scarfing down bacon.

    "Take a bit of toast, mate," Ron encouraged, "Go on." Harry glanced at him wearingly. "Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today," Hermione tried to reassure him. Harry shook his head, "I'm not hungry." Ron and Hermione looked at Gemini expectantly. The girl rolled her eyes before saying, "Harry. If you eat something I will give you a kiss on the cheek, I promise. I want to win my first match," Gemini said in between munching the bacon. The reaction was instantaneous. All of their heads snapped in the direction of Harry shoveling the pancakes down his throat rapidly. "Merlin, Harry," Gemini exclaimed, "I said eat something! Not eat too much to the point of throwing up." Harry gave her a sheepish smile, a bit of syrup dribbling down the corner of his mouth. Ever since the shared hug a couple of days ago he wanted an excuse to get close again.

    Gemini sighed loudly, and then quickly pecked The-Boy-Who-Lived's cheek. Passing his crush off as meaningless flirting; she turned back to her breakfast and missed Harry's reaction to the fast gesture. However, Ron did not miss how Harry nearly choked.

    Snape appeared. For some reason, he turned towards the Golden Quartet. He drawled out, "Good luck today, Potter. You as well, Black. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you both...even if it is against Slytherin." He limped towards the head table. "It is Lupin-Black!", Gemini corrected towards his retreating figure, "Honestly, the amount of time we spend together nowadays and he still hasn't properly learned my name. No wonder he doesn't have a partner."

    "That explains the blood," Harry mumbled. Gemini looked at him as though he was crazed, "Blood?" Harry nodded in her direction, and their other friends leaned in. Harry looked around before he said,"Listen. Last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three-headed dog. But, he got himself bitten. That is why he is limping." Gemini considered his words. "Why would anyone go near that dog?", Hermione questioned. "The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts, business; very secretive. I believe that's what the dog is guarding. That is what Snape wants," Harry said in a hushed whisper.

    The sound of owl's screeching caught their attention. Harry's owl, Hedwig, and a school owl appeared. They carried very large and long parcels. They dropped them off in front of Harry and Gemini. "Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione wondered out loud. Harry stuttered out, "I-I never get mail." Gemini felt a pang of guilt at those words, and tried to remember to tell her dad to send Harry her next shipment of muggle candy. She chose to ignore his words though, because she was sure he didn't mean to say them out loud. "Let's open them," Ron exclaimed enthusiastically. All four of them tore the wrapping paper apart, and threw it in haphazard directions. "They are broomsticks!," Harry happily observed. Ron let out a gasp before saying, "Those aren't just any broomsticks, guys! They are Nimbus 2000's!" Harry wondered out loud, "Who would send these?" Gemini gingerly touched her broomstick handle. She loved her Dad dearly, but she knew he would've never been able to afford something like this on a teacher's salary.

    Harry and her both looked up at the head table where Professor McGonagall sat. She smiled at them both and gave a quick nod. "I LOVE YOU, MINNIE!", Gemini yelled out boisterously.

Meanwhile, Draco Malfoy watched the exchange heatedly. That only added to their joy.
___________________________________

    Inside the Quidditch tower; the Gryffindor team marched toward the starting gate. Upon reaching it, they stopped and waited patiently behind a closed double door. "Scared, Harry?," Wood asked quietly. Harry nodded, "A little bit." Wood then turned his attention to the young chaser who had found herself trapped in both beaters embraces. "What about you, LB? Nervous?," the girl being questioned smiled mischievously at him. "Not a chance, Wood. I know what I am made of," and she started to laugh from something one of the twins had whispered in her ear.