ELEVEN. | THE DAUGHTER OF A MURDERER

ONCE THEY CROSSED THE THRESHOLD INTO PROFESSOR LUPIN'S OFFICE; HARRY AND GEMINI'S EYES LANDED ON A LARGE TANK OF WATER THAT STOOD IN THE CORNER. Inside; a sickly green creature with sharp little horns had its face pressed against the glass, pulling faces and flexing its spindly fingers.

Gemini, who had been in this office on multiple occasions, stuck her tongue out at the aquatic animal. "Water demon," she sneered; expressing hatred held for the creature who could not understand her. Surveying the Grindylow, and his daughter, thoughtfully; Lupin explained to a befuddled Potter, "Don't worry. We shouldn't have much difficulty with him, not after the Kappas. The trick is to break his grip. You notice the abnormally long digits? Strong, but very brittle. - Gemini just does not find him pleasant for the reason that he stole her lunch this previous week. To be fair, I informed her that eating salmon so near to his cage was a bad idea." Harry looked down at the female, who was still situated in his arms, just in time to see her award the animal with a dark look. A look so ominous that the Grindylow bared its green teeth in response and then buried itself in a tangle of weeds. "No one messes with my food," Gemini grumbled; untangling herself from Harry's appendages.

"Cup of tea?," Lupin asked; splintering the lack of ease in the air, "I was just thinking of making one." Peering at Gemini, who silently shook her head in disagreement, the boy awkwardly conceded, "All right." The lass, a deadly glare adorning her features, mouthed to the raven-haired boy, "I hate you." Yet; Remus, who had always had eyes in the back of his head, called out before Harry's feelings could get bruised, "Gemini, lay off the poor boy. I understand that you are annoyed by the decision made to hold you here, but surely you are intelligent enough to realize it was merely a safety precaution. Besides, we've been frequent visitors there in the past." The girl, aware that her father's actions were appropriate, stubbornly grumbled, "Whatever."

"Sit down," Lupin instructed the duo; taking the lid off a dusty tin, "Anyhow; I've only got teabags, I'm afraid - but I daresay you've had enough of tea leaves. Isn't that correct, Harry?" The boy shot an accusing glance towards his acquaintance, the girl shrugging in response, before twisting back to meet the werewolf. "How did you know about that?," Harry questioned; awarding Gemini with a second glower. "Professor McGonagall told me. You're not worrie-"...However, Lupin's search was abruptly interjected by his daughter's shout. "SEE," Gemini yelled at the emerald-eyed boy, "IT WAS NOT ME. I can keep secrets, ignorant twit." Gemini wouldn't dare mention anything about that occurrence...especially since her mind had chosen to block out her own receiviance of the Grim.

The adult in the area, though amused at their quarrel, cleared his throat in an attempt to diminish a brewing argument. "Excuse me," he called; successfully catching their attention, "Where was I? Oh, yes. - You're not worried, are you? Harry?" Mechanically; the patterned excuse fell past the Boy-Who-Lived's lips, "No." Though, Harry thought for a moment of telling Lupin about the dog he'd seen in Magnolia Crescent. Yet, that reflection was immediately shut down. He certainly did not want Lupin to think him a coward, especially since the man already seemed to think he couldn't cope with a boggart. Plus, this was the Father of the girl of his dreams. He refused to be labeled as a cowardly lion in those amber eyes. Something of Harry's thoughts seemed to have shown on his face; because Gemini asked, "Is there anything worrying you, Mate?"

"No," Harry lied. He drank a bit of his tea and watched the Grindylow brandish a fist at the two teens. "Yes," he suddenly corrected; putting his tea back down on the mahogany desk, "You know that day we fought the Boggart, Professor Lupin?" Slowly, looking back and forth between the children, Lupin answered, "Yes." - Gemini could not bare to meet the man's eyes in that moment. - "Why didn't you let me fight it?," Harry asked his superior. "HOLD UP," Gemini shouted; her self-consciousness quickly diminished, "You mean to inform me that you, one of the greatest pranksters of his time, didn't grant Harry to ridicule that creature? First I am not given permission to go purchase more prank products, OR novels, and now this? You're becoming a bore, old man." Similar dirty looks connected across the slab of timber. Remus, now crabby, argued, "Am not." Then, transforming back into a more professional persona, the man turned to Harry and stated, "I would have thought that it was obvious why I didn't let you, Harry." The boy, who had expected Lupin to deny that he'd done any such thing, was taken aback. "Why?," he asked once more.
"Well," Lupin started; frowning slightly, "I assumed that if the Boggart faced you, it would assume the shape of Lord Voldemort."