If The Ring Fits...

Y/N knew they were getting closer to the ring

Y/N knew they were getting closer to the ring. This pained her so.

Her only chance of getting home.
If Brokkr really did have the power to get her home, he also had the power to destroy her.

With every step her stomach cramped with anxiety.

She thought of every possible and impossible outcome.

She remembered the old adage:

Worrying only means you suffer twice.

The most impossible outcome seemed to be finding her way home.

Loki had noticed this pained expression and asked at least 3 times what was wrong, fobbing him off every time with a lame excuse about being tired, pissed off or just a bit bored.

He didn't look convinced though.

It didn't help that Loki had not long ago made her feel so vulnerable in a place where vulnerability could get you killed. Her heart was torn asunder. He had made her feel for the first time in this place warm, wanted and desired. Even loved, but it had all been just a game.

He wanted to play a game. He is a god and you are a mortal. Just be thankful it didn't go further or you really would have hated yourself.

Finally they came to the tree where
Y/N had hidden it.

'It's here, in the hollow of the tree.' She rant to it, wanting him gone from her forever. She reached in and grabbed at it

Nothing. It was gone. She grasped helplessly.

'Oh No, no, no, No!'

'What is it?' Whats wrong?' Loki said trying to quieten her down.

'It was here, i put in-in a pouch, a small green pouch no one knows of this other than me!'

'It is alright, it can't have gone far, maybe it is on the ground.' He began to scan the floor in front of him.

'Its not here, its gone!' She cried putting her head in her hands.

'But you left it here, you are sure of this!' He sounded angry now with her, this made her even more upset.

'One hundred percent, I only know of this hiding spot its one of twelve I have across this land! And now its gone! Its gone and I can't get it back!' She bawled. There was no hope now.

'Please, do not trouble yourself so. I am sure I will find it, we both can.'
He held her shoulders gently as she sagged against him.

'Oh even if we do its no use! I promised to steal the ring in exchange for home. Brokkr promised-'

'Brokkr,' Loki stiffened 'you were in league with him? I might have known he had a hand in it. Please tell me you didn't make  deal with him. What deal did he have you make?'