Shrouded in Darkness

The forest was dark and damp, with a smell in the air that made Y/N feel consumed with dread, the smell of death.

On her way through the greenery, she had seen a body, already got to the local wildlife now only bones left. She couldn't make out much, only that the skull was small.

She ran to a clearing, out of breath and shaking. No idea of where to go or what to do next, she slumped on the floor tired and scared. Really scared. She hated to admit it, but the loss of Loki's arm around her, made her feel more vulnerable than she had ever felt.

'Not now...' she whispered to herself, 'you need to get out of here, and fast.'
But how? She was on her own, another planet alone again just like last time. But now she had powers, that was the difference.

Y/N looked down at her wrists, thin bracelets of metal enveloped them had been charmed somehow, to ensure the wearer could not utilise their magic.

She pulled by they did not budge. She heard a rustling in the bushes, and a faint noise like the wind rushing. Y/N held up her weapon, ready to attack whomever was about to walk out of the bushes.  She raised the ebony blade higher as the rustling intensified.

'Who's there? Who are you?'

Glowing eyes shone from the leaves, and narrowed at the sight of her. Suddenly the creature flew out, a mass of black, transleuceant entity. 

'What the fuck, who are you?'

'This is my home, my world. You're not supposed to be here.'

'Trust me, I don't want to be. What is this place?'

'Don't you hear it?'

Y/N Stopped a moment and listened there was a strange sound in the air, like crying. Before she could respond the creature lifted her in the air and slammed her back into the tree holding her by the neck. 

'You don't belong here. Not any more.' 

Y/N eyed the creature curiously 'What do you mean by anymore?'

The figure did not answer, instead grabbed her arm and flew into the sky. Y/N panicked as the treetops skimmed her feet as she looked up to see the creature, almost like a shadow like something she had seen before.

Her arm slipped from the shadows' icy grip and she plummeted through the trees to the ground below. She felt a sharp pain in her arm followed by a flood of fresh hot pain enveloping her.

'Jesus suffering Christ! You broke my arm!' She screamed into the night, yelling out her pain and tears forming in her eyes. Looking down she also saw a deep gash to her leg now oozing with blood.

'You idiot.' Y/N looked up to see Gamora and the lacky stood with her. Gamora seized her and began dragging her back to the ship. 'you could have gotten away. you could have gotten out of here.' she whispered to Y/N 'And now? you are going to be presented to Thanos on a platter. you're an idiot.'

Y/N couldn't listen any more. Her eyelids grew heavy and she passed out from the pain.

________________________________________________________________________________

The feeling of soft bedding and silk sheets were welcome to Y/N's body like a moth to light. She rolled over, not wanting to wake.

'You're awake early.' Loki cooed. 'I expected you to be out the rest of the day.'

'Loki? What happend?' She sat up carefully arm still paining as before.

'It's alright, I found you. I have you now and you are safe.'