Restless

Y/N walked what seemed like an age, when coming upon a clearing she could see the makings of a small camp. She crept closer, saw there was a fire lit but no one was near to attend it. there was even a small pot of some food cooking upon it, and small tents, and tree houses above.

She wandered in, looking around to ensure she would not be surprised, and hoping not to see the shadow being again that had dropped her back into Gamoras way.

Entering she heard that sound in the forest that had scared and confused her, the sound of crying.

She went over to the pot to see the food cooking, and it smelled amazing. Taking out the spoon and putting it to her lips she began to eat, not having a proper meal in days would make you open to eating anything.

'What are you doing here?' Y/N span around expecting the shadow figure to be back to attack again. Instead, she saw a young boy, about 12. 'You can't be here. If Nanny sees you, she will destroy you.'

'Who's Nanny? what is this place?'

'This is the home of the lost ones. And you don't belong here.

'So people keep telling me. But you answer my question, WHO is Nanny?'

'She looks after us, all of us. She brings them from every corner of the galaxy.'

'Who?'

Crying, children crying. the sound grew around her as she covered her ears to drown it out.

'You hear them too, don't you? The cries of every child taken.' The young boy picked up a torch from the fire, holding it close to Y/N to get a better look at her.
'You need to leave before she finds you.'

A screech came from the trees, like a cry of pain and sorrow that chilled
Y/N to the bone. 'Go! NOW!' The boy screamed. Y/N ran as fast as she could in the opposite direction, clutching her wounds and tears searing from her eyes.

She ran through a clearing, and felt her legs give way from under her as she fell to the floor. She dragged herself to sit against a tall tree, looking down she could see her leg was bleeding through the bandages she had put there. Closing her eyes, she slipped off.

_______________________________________

She woke to arms holding her close, the feeling of a leather clad torso on her face as she squirmed in panic and pain.

'Stop Y/N, it's me.' Looking up she saw Loki, his eyes brimming with tears as she smiled up at him.

'Hi pretty boy. It's about time you found me!'

'Did you ever doubt I would?' He smiled as he cradled her in his arms.

'Honestly? This whole debacle gave me pause.'

Y/n brought her hand up to his face and leaned in to kiss him. The kiss was sweet and tender, she could tell the he was just as shaken as she was at her current state and wished to get back to Asgard as soon as possible.

'Hey my sweetheart.' As Y/N looked up she saw Nitid, Brokkr, and Thor gathered together looking on in concern.

'You all came for me? Wow, I feel privileged.'

'Your wounds will heal, you are just weak right now.' Nitid reassured, 'here, this should help.' Nitid waved her hands over Y/N's wounds, and though not completely healed, they had stopped bleeding and had begun to mend.

'How did you do that?'

'Oh, your father taught me a few things before we parted. I can not fully heal a person but I can do a little.'