Pied Piper

'Wait a moment, Peter? Your name is Peter? You're from earth then, you must be!' Y/N said shocked and in exasperation. Of all the dirty tricks, this kid was not only the Orphan maker, but was human. Had a human name.

'Yes I'm from earth, until Gryla found me. My parents abandoned my just like yours. They didn't care their child had powers or who I was, they just left a child on his own. I won't rest until every child like me, has their parents pay for what they have done!'

Loki slammed him into again back against the tree making the kid Peter jolt in pain and laugh. 'But you're not a child are you?' Loki scoffed, 'how old are you? How long have you been working with that witch, stealing children... killing their parents?'

'Older than I can remember, I was a child back home until Gryla found me, she taught me all I needed to stay young and do what I do best...

_______________________________________

Hamelin - earth - 1264

The plague had ravaged the country of Germany for many years. Fear was widespread and now the news that rats infested every town, feeding on waste and dead bodies. Hamelin was more than infested, the word to use would be overrun. Peter loved this, it was his work. Born to human parents that abandoned soon after, Peter soon discovered his 'powers' he had the ability to lure others, amass a following and he made that pay. With his panpipes and his multicoloured cloak he cut quite an image of  mystery and magic.

He had been hired in the past to lure people to find love, to send them on a journey by rivals, or even lure others to their death. But now, her had a more domestic call, the mayor had called out for a solution to the rat problem and he had answered.

But not all was as it seemed.

'You rid us of rats, Piper. How can we ever repay you?' the Mayor beamed. Peter stood firm and asked for his due. 'I want nothing more than the promised money. 140 pieces of gold. No more, no less.'

The Mayor laughed, 'You surely can not hold us to that? We don't even have that in our coffers!'

Peter knew it! They were going to cheat him, and they thought there was nothing they could do about it. 'Sir, I rid you of your plague. The least you can do is to keep your promise.'

The mayor huffed and opened up his own coin purse. 'I have 20 silver, take it or leave it.'                   Of course, he took it. how could he not? But he had to make an example of them... Somehow.

Walking out of the town, he saw an old woman, worn and thin. He hair was matted and grey and her eyes were reddened from tears and lack of sleep. He gave her no second glance, but what she said made him turn his head.

'You know you can't just let them get away with that... they must be taught a lesson, child. And the only way to do that is to take away what they prize the most.'

'Old woman, I have no way of doing anything like that.' He began to walk away and she cackled hoarsely.

'Come boy, you know your power. A power that would get you burned at the stake.' She walked forward towards him and he backed away uneasy of her advance. It was true, his power could get him burned, and he had seen other burn for powers or for their strange features that looked inhuman which prompted burnings and exorcisms.

'What do you know of me old woman?' Peter asked in a hostile manner and the woman took off her hood.

'I am Gryla, and I know a thing or two about lost children like yourself. Children who are abandoned and deprived. And I think, that all children deserve eternal childhood, and a mother. And if their parents aren't right for them... surely we must intervene...'

Peter looked down to his panpipes, he knew what he had to do...

_______________________________________

NOW

'So you're a child napper? And murderer?' Thor stalked forward not sure whether or not to destroy this kid before him. The young boy grinned at thor, as if he knew his morals woupd not allow him to hurt a kid. When it came to Loki Y/N thougbt it could go either way.

'I just make them orphans, Gryla does the rest. All gifted children deserve better, they deserve their own home and a childhood free of strife.'

Y/N began pacing now, looking to Nitid lay in the small cart, lifeless and still.

'Really? Cause all I can hear are children crying for their parents, to go home.' Y/N felt the anger build up inside her, and sparks began to fly from her hands.

'And you will forever be crying for yours.' Peter smiled and Loki shook him again.

'What do you mean?' Loki seethed and pulled the kid upright. Peter began to chucke, a laugh that would have once made a mother smile sounded dark and disturbed. His eyes shone lile that of the shadow.

'The spring... is dry. Your mother is going to be dead... you're an orphan after all Y/N. It was all your fault you know. Rhis river runs through a portal... right back to Asgard. Healing and forgetfulness are hand in hand here.'

Y/N stepped back processing what she was hearing. The power built up and began flowing from her hands.

'You see Y/N, when you killed that Triton, you also killed the magic the lake held. So it's all coming back to bite you now.'

'Loki, let him go.' Y/N said darkly, and Loki stepped back. Y/N let her powers loose raising peter into the air, surrounding jim in pure energy. The boy screamed put in fear.

'Y/N, what are you doing? He is a child!' Thor tried to stop her but jt was no use, she was too powerful right now.

'By my reckoning he is over 800 years old, he is no child. And he has murdered, orphaned children. I figure he knows exactly what is coming his way.'

'It wasn't me!' Peter shouted 'the reason it drained is your fault. You killed the Triton on Asgard, the river and the spring are connected. There remains only one drop of water, and you will never find it!' Y/N let him fall to the floor with a dull thud, knocking him clean out.

She looked at everyone around her. Gamora was wide eyed at her power and Thor backed away. 'Brokkr, you still have that box?'

He stepped forward a little nervous and produced the wooden inconspicuous box with small gemstones embedded into the metal fastenings. 'I do.'

'Put him in it.' Y/N ordered.

Brokkr did as he was told and spelled him into the container. She turned to Loki filled with sadness. 'What do I do Loki? I need that water, I need it to... heal my mother.'

'We will find it Y/N, there is always a way.' He smiled and pulled her into his arms. 'I will be by your side every step of the way. Whatever you need...'