Becoming

Y/N lay in the bed of Loki's chambers, now assuming they were her chambers too. Her head pounded as she rose to bring herself up to a sitting position.

She remembered the library and seeing something strange gather off the page and engulf her and then... then she remembered Loki carrying her to the bedroom and laying her down for rest.
She scanned the room to see loki was gone, and a book had been left on the side table next to her with a note.

I  will be out most of the day, please rest I will be back later. Enjoy this book I have left out for you, it is one of my favourites.

                             -Loki

She picked up the book and looked at the cover. There was no title or author scribed, just a plain blue cover with crystal glimmer. She thumbed its pages and laid it back on the side deciding to get dressed first, deciding on a green linen dress as it was getting warmer finally.

Y/N took an apple from the fruit bowl at the bottom of the bed, the book and went out. Loki had told her to rest but not how to. With a smile and a skip in her step she took herself out of the chambers and walked up the corridor. She desperately wanted to go to the library again but thought it would be nice to get some fresh air to clear the cobwebs and cure her poor head.

As she walked through the corridors she noticed maids and guards giving her slight bows and curtseys which unnerved her greatly. She was never very popular at home, as she was always outspoken and said the first thing that was on her mind, caring not if she ruffled feathers. As a girl she was always talked over, it wasnt until she became a woman she learned to shout.

A young maid from a distance gave her a glare from across the room. She was small and angry miserable looking and held gold tray with a carafe of wine. Y/N glared back.

I hope you drop that all over yourself she thought and to her surprise the wine tipped over and drenched her. She stifled a smile as she walked by
'

And that's karma, bitch.' She whispered to herself.

As she came out to the gardens, she saw a perfect little spot to read and relax. A small wooden reading nook covered with leaves and vines with small white flowers gently blooming.

She made herself comfortable and settled in to read the book.

As she read she noticed a certain theme. It was about fighting for approval, feeling like an outsider and being left out. Y/N identified with it completely and wondered if Loki had felt like this too?

Surely not? He is a God after all...

As she was reading she felt a shadow approach her. She looked up to see him standing over her with a smile.

'What are you doing out of bed? I told you to rest.' She snapped the book shut and sat up on her knees.'You said to rest, this is me resting. Nice book by the way.'

'I'm glad you liked it.' She held it to her chest and began to enthuse.

'I love it, I dog eared pages I thought were of particularly interest. Of course I have basically did that to every page. Ugh then I spilled coffee on it and its hardly readable.' Y/N complained to to Loki.

She looked up to him and the colour drained out of his face.

'It was my favourite book...'

The look on his face was heartbreaking, and just too adorable. 'Your book is fine,' Y/N chuckled 'I was teasing.'

She handed Loki the book with a slight chuckle and he looked relieved. 'Seriously, I thought you were the god of tricks. I love seeing you squirm.'
Y/N laid back into the nook and giggled.
'Seriously, I thought you were meant to be the god of lies and tricks?'

Loki climbed onto the nook next to her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

'You are an incredibly tricky woman arent you my little theif?' He held her close and kissed her.

'Where have you been?' She smiled when finally pulled away.
He sighed 'I have been meeting with Odin, he has some concerns that needed reassuring. He always has concerns about the safety of Asgard and Thor and I have meetings with him to update him on threats.'

Y/N was intrigued 'Really, what is the biggest concern at the moment?'
Loki seemed to avoid the question all together, like he was uncomfortable.
'I do not wish to bore you, instead I would rather know what you day will consist of now you are here my now Lazy little thief.'

She laughed at this, 'I honestly don't know. I have been thinking on how I can pull me weight in Asgard. I'm guessing breaking and entering is frown upon.'

'Well,' he smiled 'you can always be the little thief around me.' He brushed his hand on the side of her hair and kissed her again.

'I can see if I can make you squirm.' She laughed and stood up. 'But right now, I need to find a purpose. I  eed to find a way to contribute.'

Loki had a thought, 'You are musically inclined, yes?'

'Well, yes I sing.' She searched his face.

'Then maybe that can be your purpose. I shall leave you to think.' He walked down the hallways and was gone.

Y/N thought about how she could incorporate her skills in Asgard.

Her head still booming, she closed her eyes and took deep breaths. As she breathed she felt her body tingle and feel weightless. The vibrations got more intense and her heard a buzzing white noise in her ears.

When she opened her eyes she saw something she had seen before, a blue dust encircled her. Her hands filled with blue light crackling and and pulsating with energy.

She held it out in front of her in fear unable to control it. It shook hard in her hands trying to escape, building until she could hold it no longer. The Blue ball of energy released from her hands, and blew a hole through the Palace Wall. The whole floor shook, she stood and ran back through the corridors avoiding the gaze of any guard.

When she got back to the room she sat on the floor and held her legs close to her chest.

What the hell was that?  Y/N thought  shaking from what had just happened, she reeled from the power she felt nauseous from it. How did this happen? Had she really done that or was it something else?

Come on Y/N don't be sick a wimp. She stood up and walked towards the door Loki walked in.

'Are you alright? There was an explosion of some kind. Where were you?' He questioned her quickly and took hold of her arms as if he was making sure she was there.

'I'm okay, I got back some time ago. An explosion?' She faked surprise and  held on to him for dear life. So it was true, she had made this happen.

'Yes, no one was hurt but it was right where you were reading. You saw nothing?'

Y/N wiggled out of his embrace 'no, I didn't see anything. Maybe it was an accident or Brokkr causing a ruckus.'

Loki watched her as she walked away from him unsure of her lie herself. Yes, he knew she was lying.