True Self

Walking back to camp was a little awkward, as Thor was up and smiling at them as they walked back to the fire holding hands and Loki smiling like a foolish boy, but Y/N was a little more reserved, which Thor marked.

Y/N set back to arranging her pack, ensuring she had everything she needed, and taking more herbs to help to heal her. She ignored Thor's cocky attitude and Loki kept looking up to Y/N with a look of mischief.

She couldn't shake the words Thanos had said to her out of her head, they soared around and around her mind in a continuous loop, and the thought of Loki being unable to have a family that he seemed to want one day hurt her heart. She knew better than anyone that family was everything.

'We should get back to the ship around mid day if we keep up the pace.' Thor informed the group, Nitid looked to Y/N 'There is another way to get off this planet? I can take Y/N off of this planet, get her to safety on my home-'

'Out of the question.' Loki butted in and defiantly pushed Y/N behind him 'No one is going anywhere but the ship.'

'You don't tell me what to do little trickster. And you certainly don't speak for my daughter.' 

At this, Loki withdrew his daggers and walked forward, 'How about you step back shining one, before I dim your light forever.'

Nitid raised fire from her hands ready to attack and Loki tossed his daggers in the air catching them again at the hilt.

'Okay, stop this. Loki, Nitid. Stop. The last thing I need right now is my Mother and my boyfriend getting into a domestic right now. Seriously I don't need this. Just - Cool it... okay?' Y/N gave them a warning glance and went back to her bag. She looked up to Brokkr and saw that he was smiling with glee at the interaction. She narrowed her eyes and went marching over to him. Grabbing him by the arm she began dragging him to a quiet corner. 

'You obviously have the gift of foresight, so I need to know how this is going to go. I need to know what I need to do.'

'I don't catch your drift dearie, what do you need to do?' She took out her blade and held it to his throat as he cackled out the last part.

'listen, I have been tortured, kept prisoner and poisoned by a lunatic who wanted to keep me as a play thing. And from my escape I can tell you he really wanted to keep me around so I am scared and angry. There is no telling what I may do. So I need to know what my best options are here. I don't want to lie to Loki, he is the god of them he will know. And... I was just getting used to the Idea of he and I...'

She backed off eyes filled with tears, her heart broke as she sat down. 'How do I tell him I can not give him any family? Or that I have anything he would want? You really thing good old queenie and king want a daughter in law who cant give them, or him, a family? I mean, this stupid necklace.' She took the necklace from around her neck and pushed it into Brokkr's face. the necklace that Frigga gave her. 'A special necklace that tells you if you will have a girl or a boy. Yeah, fucking useful.' She threw it to the floor and walked away. she was done. Brokkr picked it up and stored it away for safe keeping.

________________________________________________________________________________

On the walk back to the ship, Y/N was unusually quiet to Loki's observation. He watched her keenly as she walked unaware she was being watched so intently. Her mind wandered to other things. Nitid's offer to take her to her home planet seemed... nice. She could get to know her mother, her planet. Or just her mother, as the planet was her too. She thought quietly just what that planet would look like. Looking at her mother it would probably be all righteous and holier than thou.

The sun was high in the sky, making it almost midday, which meant they couldn't be too far from the ship. Y/N sighed with resignation. She knew when she got back all would be revealed and if Loki hated her and wished to send her away then that would be that. Just get off this accursed planet first.