Creature

'Today, I think we should introduce you to the people.' Loki smiled, stroking Y/N's hair.

'Are you sure they are going to want to meet me? I'm a Midgardian after all, they don't think too highly of us.'

She looked up and he stroked the hair around her face. She felt unsure about being introduced to the people as what?

'What would you introduce me as anyway? Your... mortal? Your girlfriend? Your fuck buddy?' She giggled at that last part, she knew they were a little more than that but it still felt like an uncertain relationship.

'Well, most certainly not the latter,' he smiled and pulled her in closer. 'How about... Consort?'

She shifted a little and he noticed her discomfort. 'You do not like the word?' He frowned.

'It's not that it's just... it's just so formal and cold. Maybe we could find something in the meantime we could just introduce me as... me? And see how it goes?' He smiled and leaned down to kiss him gently. She moved to get a towel and he brought one to her and wrapped it round her.

They got dried and ready fairly quickly and stepped out together arm in arm. Y/N was worried but she wasn't going to let that ruin her day. She had picked out a laced green gown with gold trim and she felt fantastic.

She felt so excited to be introduced to the people, but worried about being accepted.

Y/N and Loki walked out into the main square with the rest of the royalty. Ladies and gentlemen of High esteem along with Odin, Frigg and Thor as well as all of their group.

Thor gave Y/N a smile and a wink, which Y/N gave a slight grimace at, she was sure he only did that to annoy Loki and it worked as he jealously pulled her closer. She smiled and put her arm on his shoulder reassuringly and he softened at this.

She turned to see Lady Sif narrowing her eyes at her, there must have also been some jealously there too as she figured she must have a thing for Thor.

Great. I have too many friends around here anyway. Y/N thought sarcastically. She looked forward and smiled at the crowds and to see Mary Owens in the crowds smiling and waving her on. Mary gave her a big grin, too thumbs up and mouthed 'You're doing great!'

As they settled in, Y/N listened as Odin made announcements to the crowds of admiring subjects waved on and cheered. After all the announcements were made Odin spoke up. On a new subject.

'Now you may be wondering who this new addition to our family is.' He indicated to Y/N and she smiled awkwardly as the whole of Asgard looked at her. 'She is the slayer of Frost Giants and has been honoured as such with a place at the Palace for eternity should she wish it. She slayed Benkul, and countless other evil doers from the frost realm. We owe her a debt of gratitude.'

Y/N was urged forward by Loki with a smile and she stood a little awkwardly and waved at the crowd.

She backed up next to Loki and held his hand tightly. Odin quickly wrapped up the announcements and it was time to mingle with the people.

She stuck with Loki, watching him speak with the locals and how he conversed.

She answered many questions from the locals, mainly from kids wanting to know the gruesome details of battle which she told in a more child friendly way.

She turned to see an old woman with a basket eyeing her peculiarly and she walked over to make sure she was okay.

'Are you okay there? You look a little lost.' Y/N said patiently. She looked incredibly old and fragile, and Y/N had lots of patience for the elderly.

'I am okay my dear, I just need a little help with my basket getting home. I'm not as young as I used to be, and sometimes I get very lost.'

'I will help you.' Y/N offered her arm to her and walked along the path down from the main square as the old woman gave her directions.

'So why has no one seen fit to help you more regularly, it seems to me manners are a little dried up here huh?' Y/N laughed with the old woman who looked up at her with a glint in her eye.

'Oh well my dear, do not worry. I am happy to have someone like you to walk me. A giant slayer and a Celestial Child...'

Y/N froze in her tracks. 'What did you say?'

'You heard me. What? You thought I was a sweet old lady?' She laughed as her visage changed to a strange looking creature of scales. Y/N tried to pull away but the creature had hold fast.

'Your Mother has been very anxious to meet you.'

'Let me go, I had a mother on Midgard.'

'Ah but she had to hide you. She had to hide one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy. But you ended up here. How did that happen?'

Y/N struggled against her and managed to break only to fall to the ground.

'Do you really think your Prince will except you when he finds out what you really are?'

The being smiled as she stood over
Y/N and drew a sword to her throat.

'When they discover your true heritage, what you have hidden, there will be nowhere to hide.'

A voice boomed from behind this creature and she ducked back and it was Loki.

'Vile Svartleheim creature, take yourself away. Before I end you.'

The creature dissipated leaving Y/N filled with fear looking up at Loki. She stood and flew into his arms.

'My love, I am here. Please do not fret.' He cooed.

She held him tightly and squeezed her eyes shut 'Loki, I don't know what to do.'

'Whatever it is, I can help you.' Loki reassured her kissing the top of her head.

'Are you sure? Because I don't think this is something I can overcome. It's crazy.' Y/N furrowed her brow and pulled away from him.

'Whatever that being said or did, it could all be part of Brokkr and his vengeance against me.' He took her arm and steadied her next to him as they began to walk out of the alleyway.

'Somehow, I don't think so. I think that being whatever it was, was trying to warn me. I think it's the reason I am here, and why I can't get back.' Y/N came to the quick realisationnit was no mistake. Her being there was by design and this so called 'Mother', Nitid must have had something to do with it.

'Now will you listen to me when I say to let our physicians take a look at you? You don't understand Y/N, I can help you.' Loki grew more serious by the moment as they went back yo the crowds.

'No, you don't understand. I'm a monster.' Sighed Y/N