Learning

Y/N woke up to a pot of tea waiting for her on the side table. Loki was gone, some business trip with a neighboring Kingdom, and he had told her he would be gone until the evening.

When I come back, you had best be wearing nothing. Whatever is in my way, will be destroyed.

She smiled to herself already anticipating his re turn. She went to the bathroom and took out the book, and running back to the bed to begin to read.

She turned to the first page that had scribbling of what, she didn't know. But the picture was that of a woman with long flowing hair wearing a blue dress. And underneath this picture it said the name 'Nitid'.

She stroked that first page in awe.

So, this is my mother? This is her?

She eyed the photo carefully, there was a resemblance as what Brokkr had said they looked alike. This was the first time Y/N felt any family resemblance to anyone. She was different to her mother and the rest of the family, and just took it as she was some sort of throw back, but to who she had no idea. Now she knew, her birth mother was similar, even had the same chin.

Y/N smiled at this, and turned to the next page. The writing was in a language that she didn't understand, runes and drawings of leaves and strange plants that she hadn't seen before. But soon she would learn everything about her mother and her power, learning to control it.

She noticed that the drawings were not still, but floating as.if on a breeze and she waved her hand over as it glided over her hand like a small hollowgram allowing her to see objects from different angles.

She knew that Brokkr would help her make sense of this, while she didn't really trust him she knew she could use him to gain control of her own power.

She quickly shut the book and made to get dressed in a plain brown and maroon traveling outfit. She packed her daggers and threw a cloak over her head and made her way out of the room clutching the book to her.

She walked at a quick pace out of the Palace into the woods covering her face so no one would see.

She wasn't sure where Brokkr would meet her for her first lesson but the forest seemed the proper place. She walked for 15 minutes with no sign on him. She was about to give up when suddenly he appeared.

'I like punctuality in my students dear. So well done. Now are we ready to learn?'

He clicked his fingers and Y/N felt herself falling. She looked around and he had transported them both to a rope bridge that separated two cliff faces. The wind blew fiercely and as she looked down she saw jagged rocks and raging water below. The small bridge of wood and rope swing violently making Y/N screamed in fear.

'What are you doing? You're trying to kill me?!' Y/N screamed as she held on fir dear life, looking at Brokkr who just laughed maniacally.

'Sorry dear, but you must learn to use it or lose it. This bridge is ready to break and when it does you will fall to your death at the jagged rocks. Save yourself.'

'Are you insane? I can't save myself thats impossible! Just get me out of here!'

'Can't do, you have to save yourself it's the only way! If you try to cross it will break, if you don't move it will break. You only have one option. Use. Your. powers.'

She looked to the wooden stumps that the bridge tied on to and it was slowly snapping twine by twine.

She closed her eyes and concentrated hard trying to stop it. She tried focusing on the wind trying to calm it down and nothing.

She held her breath and all went quiet in her mind.

Come on girl, you can do this. Come on, just breath and think. Think about being on the other side with Brokkr. Where you can smash his face in.

Suddenly she felt a snap and her whole body fall quickly. She plummeted down screaming putting her arms in front of her face.

She felt her body still and bounce like she had fallen on a mattress and for a moment she was stick still. She looked from behind her hands and to her surprise she was just centimeters from the ground hovering ever so lightly over one large and rather sharp rock.

She wished nothing more than for the rock to be far away from her, and as she did she felt herself floating up back to the top from where she fell. Blue swirls of light enveloped her   like blue fire and she flew back up to Brokkr.

He stood there delighted and clapped his hands.

'Well done, I knew you could do it' he said as she landed on the side of the cliff. She charged toward him took out one of her daggers and pressed it to his neck.

'You could have killed me you idiot! I could have fallen to my death!'

'But you didn't did you? No, your power saved you. Or should I say you saved yourself. You see your magic is tied to emotion. Anger, fear, love.
They are strong motivators to activate your magic. When you thought you were going to die, how did you feel?'

'Pissed off.' Y/n retorted with a huff.

'Other than that.'

'I was, I don't know. It was like a force lifted me inside like everything moved inside me, my head went a little light and it just happened. Its like I floated out of myself for a brief moment and then I felt it ripple out of me. Like a force of nature.'

'Can you replicate that feeling? What if I were to drop this apple. Can you make it float?' He produced a golden apple from thin air, and threw it up in the air.

In a mad panic she held her hands out as if to catch it clumsily and instead of floating it disappeared in a flurry of blue lights and appeared again in Y/N's hand. Her eyes went wide as she saw what she was capable of.

'It seems, your more powerful than you think.'

After a whole 2 hours of working, Y/N had begun to understand her powers.
She seemed to remember as a child feeling she was powerful , but she always passed it off as a child at play pretending she was a fairy or a superhero.

She even recalled once when she was set about by bullies, she closed her eyes and put her hands up to protect herself when a harsh wind blew and the bullies were held back and their breath taken away. She thought it was cool and unexpected but not real magic cause that would be crazy right?

'You have always had the power within you Y/N,' Brokkr 'that little trick is Atmokinesis, children have more ability and seem to tap into it easily. Tell me, how old were you?'

'About 6?'

'Well, well. A very powerful child, weren't we?'

Y/N didn't think so, shaking her head.

Loki And The ThiefOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara