Break Out Pt 2

Y/N ducked into the escape pod as Gamora began switching levers and pressing god knows what buttons.

'This will take you to the planet we stopped at. I sent a beacon to trace us there. That is surely where your friends will find you.' she began stepping out of the pod.

'Wait! Gamora,' Y/N started 'You're not coming with me?'

'I can't. I have my sister to think of.'

'I get it,' Y/N replied, 'But between you and me? she is bat shit fucking crazy!'

Gamora seemed to consider this with a sly smile, but did not respond. She only left and closed the pod doors behind her. Y/N knew Gamora thought she was right. Quick as she could, she began powering up the machine. she didn't know how to drive the thing, but she was going to try. There was no way she was going to leave it up to the auto pilot. She sat in the pilot chair and held on to the wheel.

Suddenly she heard a voice come through on the radio. 'POD452, We don't have authorisation for you to take off. What are you doing?' She quickly fumbled looking for a switch to do... something. She pulled on a lever that made a curious sound. A metal grinding, a whirring sound became apparent, then a large *CLUNK*

An explosion went off underneath her as she realised she had just dropped an explosive on the soldiers below and her pod began lifting into the air. She winced, as now they must have known what she was up to. Shots began to fire and Y/N felt them hit the side of the capsule as it rocked, the jets propelling the ship forward.

She took the wheel and arched the handles to the left, steering it to the opening of the dock. It shook as it picked up pace, still being shot at as it sped towards the slow closing exit.
Y/N looked down to the control board, and saw a big orange button with a red jagged circle. She pressed it and felt herself propelled forward as the turbo boost engaged and sped out of the compound.

Y/N's heart was pounding as the ship was gleaming through the vast empty atmosphere, her whole body feeling the rush of the boosted speed flyibng through space that really should take days, becoming hours. 

She did not have time to think about the fact she was heading to the creepiest planet she had ever had the misfortune of setting foot on, instead she was hoping that she would find Loki waiting for her or at least he would find her before she could land.

'Shit! Land! I don't know how to land!' she jumped at the thought, rushing to the back to find some kind of landing gear for an emergency. she quickly stuffed her small satchel with as much as she could. Gamora had left her some of the root things that had healed and took away the pain, she smiled at Gamoras forward thinking and continued to pack. She packed some first aid and dried food packs for sustinence. 

She caught her reflection in the mirror in the locker. She didn't recognise herself. Her dress was tattered and filthy, her face covered with soot and grime. The face she had looked at for years was a stranger to her. She suddenly remembered what Thanos had taken from her, and held her hand to her tummy. Now she knew that Loki, however much he seemed to love her, he wanted a family. She feared seeing him again and did not know how to comfort herself.

She ran back to the cockpit and saw the planet in front of her, picking up pace and the whole ship began to heat up and she grabbed onto the steering handles to hold herself stead, the ground began rushing towards her.

Everything went to black.

________________________________________________________________________________

Loki's mind was darting all over trying to figure out how to save Y/N and outwit Nitid in her plan to remove Y/N from Asgard. The problem wasn't if there would be an attempt on Nitid's part to take Y/N away, but if she went with Nitid willingly.

'Something on your mind, trickster?' Brokkr asked.

'Nothing for you to concern yourself with, Imp.' 

'A bond between a mother and child is very strong, and even more so in this case. You're worrid about Nitid's words. You think that Y/N will leave you to be with Nitid.'

'My mind and thoughts are none of your business. Or must I remind you of that by way of my daggers?'

'I can help you, you know.'

'And why would you help me Brokkr, why would you possibly want to help me?' Loki got right in Brokkr's face ready to hit him.

'Let's just say.. I am invested in your future.' he grinned.

'You keep saying this, WHAT about our future are you invested in?'

'Let's just say, I want Twuuue Wuv to win!' Brokkr laughed 'And you two are incredibly in love.'

'I wouldn't say that-'

'Oh I would. The ring confirmed this.'

'The ring? The one Y/N stole? The one you asked her to steal?'

'It is enchanted. It is enchanted to lead you to your true love. Only your true love could steal it and posess it. And of course it proved that when you tracked her down, it had the power to draw you together.' Brokkr laughed as if a plan was coming together. ' Admit it, the moment she put the ring on her finger... you knew.'

Loki remebered that day...

'All this for one ring.' She said

'It's special, it has special properties and it's enchanted.'

'Well I worked ever so hard to get it back, I want to see why its so special.'

Without further ado, she plucked the ring out of it small bag and slipped onto her left hand before Loki could protest.

It fit perfectly on her ring finger. She held her hand out in front of her staring. They were both quiet for a moment, staring at the sight of it. Glistening green and silver in the light. They raised their eyes to meet.

Y/N'S heart skipped a beat and Loki held his breath hesitating, waiting for one of them to say something. But all he truly wanted, was to feel his lips on hers.

'Nah,' Y/N finally spoke 'not my kind of thing at all.' She slipped off the ring and handed it back.

Loki smilled, it was bittersweet.

It suddenly all fit together. Brokkr had set them up. Purposely. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/N woke to smoke billowing around her, her eyesight fuzzy. She felt a pain in her leg and looked down to see it bleeding out. Sitting up, she made quick work of tearing into her skirts, making strips. she wrapped them tightly around her leg so as to stop the bleeding.  Her arm pained, and she realised it was broken

'Oh god, I can't stop this.' she cried as the bloody flowed freely. She picked up her bag and found the healing herbs Gamora had her use. She greedily began chewing the leaves to kill the pain and help with healing, as she tore a little more of her dress and fashioned a sling to help support her arm. she sat a moment letting the pain killing herb do it's work, before getting up to walk.

She needed to find shelter, she needed to stay safe.