Heat

Three weeks had passed without incident. Loki and Y/N continued their life unhindered by any death threats of problems from anyone outside their sphere.                                                                           With summer now well in it's prime, the heat only soared to it's highest making the air muggy and damp. Y/N Found it hard to breath in such conditions, unlike home there was no relief from this heat. 

The only air conditioning was servants with humungous feather fans cooling you down and that wasn't to her liking.While the servants did get a wage, she felt that having staff was just one step too much for her, she had no use for class and station and thought it outdated and archaic. One had only to read a Charles Dickens book to figure that out. 

She sat in the library reading all she could on lore, trying to decipher what was fact and fiction. The birds outside sang beautifully, and she wanted nothing more that to be outdoors in the sweet sunshine among the flowers and sounds of insects buzzing away. She looked up to the ceiling and zoned out for a moment staring at the hanging plants and small rounded windows that let in unlimited sunshine or moonlight whatever the time. A slight breeze whispered through those stony holes in the wall and Y/N sat back breathing in the ever so thin bit of relief.

God, I thought I had experienced heat before but this? What I wouldn't give for a Mojito and a swim in the sea...

Before she could close her eyes she pushed herself forward back to the books. She had to find all she could about Elementals and people they had pissed off before she was found by Nitid or someone like Ronan would come to claim a kill. But that was not all, Brokkr was still teaching her how to use her power and control it. He had taken great pains to train her, spending all his time ensuring she could bothy control and call upon her power at will.

Looking through the books she found no joy, nothing new she slammed the book too hot and pissed off to boot. She sat back again and turned to see Loki at the door leaning on the frame. Her forehead was clammy with sweat and her body felt tired with the heat.

'You should really get some fresh air, pet. This heat is unbearable for the gods, never mind a mortal.' Loki had a bowl in his hands of fruit he had brought her.
'Not a mortal remember? I'm a glow in the dark star baby.'

He smirked as he walked forward bringing her the fruit and partaking himself. 'Well then Star Baby, maybe you should eat something. You were not at breakfast.'

No, I wasn't. I was with Brokkr learning to levitate shit.
She thought to herself nervously wondering just how much he knew if anything. He seemed to be oblivious of the fact and she felt a pang of regret for keeping this from him. But it was for his own good to keep him safe.

'I wasn't hungry, I have been reading up on celestials but this library is frightfully limiting. It's like there is as much information and every other being in the cosmos except those-' she stood up too quickly and suddenly became dizzy falling to the floor almost as Loki caught her arms.

'I think you need some fresh air, or at least a lie down.' He tried to lead her out of the library but she pulled back. 'Don't mother me Loki, I don't need a third.' She winced as soon as she said it, she knew he was just trying to help her and she was throwing it in his face. Loki didn't give his help so freely, and she knew that he was only doing this for her.

'I'm sorry, Loki, I know you are just trying to help and I am being a bi-' She passed out.

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/N woke up in Loki's chambers in a night gown, she felt incredibly hot and dizzy. She sat up from the bed her head aching and spinning 'Loki? Are you here?' She looked around worried and then to the table. No Note. He always left a note. Before she could get up, the bedroom door opened and the maid Hildegard walked in with food and a tray of bottles with different coloured liquids, they were medicines according to Hildegard. Y/N felt a pain in her left arm, she looked to see bruising and tiny pin pricks.

They took blood. After she specifically told them not to. The anger built up in her, she felt violated and betrayed. Hildegard left and Y/N got out of the bed with difficulty and staggered toward his writing desk.

'Mess with me? I'll mess with your stuff.' Y/N knocked the papers on the floor, with as much disrespect as she could think and messed up all his drawers. She knew it was pathetic but it made her feel better for a moment. She saw the journal from before. His Diary.

She picked it up and began to read:

Today I caught a thief in the palace. I have never seen anyone break into this fortress and escape unscathed. She is also the most beautiful creature I have seen in Asgard, the moment I warned her holding her against the wall whispering danger in her ear, I could feel she responded to my touch...

'What? He thought I was into that? I was freaked out more like.' She balked at his insane lusty thoughts. She read to the next encounter:

I take it back. She is the most obstinate wretched little bitch I have ever met in many years. She stole from me, and struck me making me bleed. I have never been treated in such a way, by anyone. Not even Thor could make me so angry. She ran from me, and some how defeated two guards. All I know is I will find find her.

She laughed, damn right she was an obstinate bitch, and damn proud. She laughed a little more genuinely, she liked the idea that he was so angry with her. She recalled the moment they were together in the hot springs, how angry he was then that she had not spoken to him or seen him. She stood him up.

She evaded me for some time but now she is mine. From the moment she wore that ring, I knew she would be open to my advances. I took her and made her mine and now she is in my bed, in my chambers. She is sleeping in my bed, her Y/C hair shining in the morning sun. It's made things more difficult. the more I look at the more I fear that she will discover who I am and everything will be ruined.

Y/N frowned reading that last part. Loki wasn't a monster, he was anything but.  She heard the door open and slammed the book shut throwing it back in the draw. 

'Felling better?' Y/N looked up to see Loki stood at the end of the bed. Caught red handed. Y/N cocked her head to the side, there was no way she was not having it out with him. 

'You took my blood, really Loki?'