Mother

'Did you say 'mother'?' Y/N stepped back away from the strange woman, wary and ensuring she had enough leeway to get away. 

'Yes. I am your mother. I know it is strange, I only got the message a week ago that you were even alive. I am so happy to see you!' The woman raised her hand to touch Y/N's face again but she backed away. She was too freaked out at the thought that this woman had found her, after everything that had happened she thought that Nitid would never discover her. That day when one of her lackeys got away, she thought would have been the last of the attacks and she possibly could have seen a quieter life in Asgard.

'So it's true, you're a celestial then?'
Y/N questioned. She didn't quite believe this woman could be who she said she was. She looked normal, not god like at all. Not even like Odin or Frigga. Though when Y/N  looked at her, she could see an older face from the book she saw before, and more importantly- kind.

'My name is Nitid, and yes I am. But there is no need to be afraid. I am not like the others.' She assured, and something in her voice made Y/N believe her.

'That's exactly what a bad guy would say.' She crossed her arms and gave her an inspecting look. there was no way this woman could actually be her Mother, it was just impossible. But the undeniable pull, the feeling of being known was there. Y/N had so many questions about her parents and her dad. Who had her father been and her mother, and why was it such a secret?

'I know I haven't earned it, but Y/N I would like a little of your time to explain everything.' Nitid sat on the ground and invited Y/N to sit with her, and she did but watchful of Nitid's movements.

'It was a dark time Y/N, Celestials battled all kinds of threats but none so dangerous as Thanos. He made it his mission to collect the infinity stones. With those stones he plans to wipe out half of all life in the universe. But he never counted on you being born, and neither did I. I didn't know I was with child, you have to understand that. I was tasked with scattering the infinity stones through space and time. But when you were born, I was on earth in hiding. All stones were in contact with you when you were growing and when you were born. You were infused with the power of all infinity stones and were therefore birthed with great power. I gave you to Brokkr to hide you on earth, there you would be cloaked. The hardest thing was to send you away, but I knew I had to give you your best chance.' Nitid had tears in her eyes, and reached out grabbing Y/N holding her in  a hug and Y/N pulled away. She couldn't quite believe her ears. Y/N had been infused with the infinity stones, all of them.

'But why, why send me away? I was your child!' She shouted at her now, not in anger but in sadness. 

'Your life would have been constant running and danger, I couldn't have you grow up in fear.'

'But a least we would have been together. ' Y/N said weakly. 'I could have known who I was, I could have been with you the entire time and you just left me on a planet where I couldn't understand who I was or where I fit in. That was because I didn't fit in, I was the alien.' She began to cry as she remembered how alienated she felt, literally. All through school and even college, she could never shake that feeling that she wasn't meant to be there.

Y/N broke down, completely bitter. Was this the reason she had shaken off Loki's excitement around the idea of kids? She had begun to warm to the idea but she thought it crazy to even think of having children right now.

How could I have a child when I was never wanted in the first place? she thought, it wasn't like she was mother material, her own mother had obviously abandoned her. And her father? Who knew?

'Look, I am not my brothers or sisters. My brother Ego is exactly what his name suggests. But I have no interest in dominating worlds, I just wanted to make sure you were safe.' What she said seemed genuine, and in earnest. 'I wanted to find you, to meet you Y/N.'

'So why now? You had years to find me, to tell me who I was. All my life I have felt like I was outside myself looking in. Like my life wasn't my own. All my bloody life I have gone without knowing who I truly was.' Y/N could feel the tears welling up in her face, stinging her eyes again.

'I had to have you hidden, you were in danger. I told Brokkr to hide you from Thanos, he want's to kill you. You have a power no other Celestial could even begin to dream of possessing. You are special Y/N. The reason you are here is destiny, you were destined to find your way here and set a path in motion that will stop Thanos in his mission.' This made sense. That was why so many had tried to destroy her, because she was a threat to their plan.

'I don't want to be special, I just want to be me! Why can't I be me? I am finally happy. I have a life here with Loki, and he and I are happy.' As much as she knew that Loki and she were an odd couple, she knew deep down that nothing could ever break them, their bond was so strong.

'Loki has many trials ahead of him. And your bond is strong it will have to be to face what you will.' Y/N moved to leave, but Nitid took her hand, 'Please, come see me again. We have much to discuss.'