Journey Pains

For two days Y/N sat on the ship floor staring at the cold metallic innards of the vessel. I could have just been a receptionist. Seriously. She thought with a smirk.

She had been chained to the wall both arms and legs although she could move and change position, it still made sleep impossible on the good grate of the floor where she could see and hear the electrics all hours whirring and blipping away, the odd smells of burning metals and engine fluids that made her eyes water and her head hurt.

Her captors said nothing, only feeding her with a few grunts or expelling air as if to even be near her was an unbearable chore. She looked down to her wrists and saw how red they were becoming with the constant rubbing on her skin, and it was beginning to break. Her chest was still in pain and the herbs had not done much but the infection was at bay.

As she pondered the redness of her wrists, Gamora crouched in front of her. 'Eat this.' She pushed a bundle of herbs into her hands, and Y/N did as she was told. She took in a sharp breath at the harsh metal scraped across her wrist drawing blood from them. Gamora got up and took her bag from the cockpit, taking out a pot of ointment. She walked back over and began unscrewing the lid. 'What- what is that?' Y/N asked a little unsure of the medicinal help she was getting. 
Gamora did not answer, instead  she began dabbing Y/N's wrists with the salve. It was clear and smelled like mint and thyme, soothing the skin and the air around Y/N.

'Why are you doing this?' Y/N looked at Gamora confused. Her comfort should be low on her list of duties.

'I want you healthy and well presented for Thanos. He will want to see you perfect before he breaks you.'

Y/N took a deep breath in, fear suddenly striking her heart for the first time. If he didn't want her dead, maybe it would be torture to hold over Loki.

'I don't quite know his plans for you are. All I know he wants to destroy some prophecy.'

'What prophecy?'

'It an old maids tale. About a being of stregth, being infused with the power of the stones. 'The mortal with a heart of iron will defeat the Titanian Eternal with a mere snap of their fingers.' The trouble is, he doesn't know if it is you. You're the strongest he has seen in a long time. He is hedging his bets.'

Y/N frowned 'So he doesn't even know if its me he is just guessing? You do realise Loki will find me. And when he does he will destroy you all.'

'You really love that Asgardian don't you?' Smiled Gamora.

'When you find true love, you know nothing will ever keep you apart. You will always find each other.'

She looked down at her wrists that tingled as they began to heel.

'One day, you will find that with someone. You won't even know it, it will just hit you.' Y/N smiled at Gamora 'I know Loki will find me. Its just a matter of when.'

Gamora rolled her eyes and stood looking down on Y/N ' I wouldn't worry, Thanos may kill you. If you're lucky.' She said with dead eyes that
Y/N had never seen before on anyone.

As Gamora walked away, Y/N rested her head on the cold wall behind her. She had not been able to get warm since living on the floor, her has shivered so much her whole body ached as every muscle had contracted and flexed with each shudder and she felt she had done a full work out.

She wished she could be back on the warm bed, or in that gorgeous hot spring back on Asgard. She turned her face away, closed here eyes and switched off her mind as she drifted into an uncomfortable sleep.
_______________________________________

Loki had reservations about having Nitid assist he and Thor in the rescue of Y/N but he knew leaving her in Asgard was not an option.

They filled the Asgardian vessel with weapons to fight whomever they faced. Brokkr explained that Y/N was taken by Thanos, by way of his most trusted asassins. What they wanted with Y/N was unsure, but Brokkr had a good idea.