Vibranium

Y/N finally told Loki everything. The book, the explosion, everything.

'I don't think we can take this lightly. This was something powerful and it is inside of me. I keep thinking about how I came to be here?
Was it an accident? Or did this thing bring me?'

Y/N paced Frigg's study monologing her thoughts. After the incident she had become quite composed, even to her disbelief.

It wasn't until they got to the Palace that she began to panic, so much that Frigg had taken her hand to dispense healing and calming magics to hault her anxiety.

Now her anxiety was creeping further up and Loki could sense this.

'You need to relax. This I am sure is nothing we cannot fix.' He sounded calm but Loki's body language spoke of alarm.

'But Loki,' sighed Y/N 'what if I am something dangerous. That book said Celestials are dangerous, and their children even more so. I don't want to be that.'

Y/N looked down into her hands.
She had always thought she was a boring normal woman, and wished she were something special, powerful or even just a bit more kick ass.
She was beginning to learn the power of wishes.

'I did not take a dagger to the chest and follow you through a forest on a death wish to lose you to this. Something that may well be a trick by Brokkr.'

'I know. But it still scares me.' She bowed her head in shame, she had not been scared like this before, not even since the first time she came to Asgard and struggled to survive.
This was different, this was an insidious threat.

She sat down on the chaise, and she took a moment to look around the study, it was one of the prettier rooms she had been in.

It was light and airy, filled with vines and living plants all thriving.

It was Friggs study she had learned, and it looked it too.

Ultimately gentle and feminine looking with life growing everywhere.

'It's beautiful here.' She smiled

He followed her eyes around the room 'It's my mother's study.

But it has never been so beautiful as now you are in it.'

He moved over to her and sat next to her on the chaise.

He held her hands and looked into her eyes. 'You are not a monster Y/N. Trust me I know a thing or two about that.'

She looked confused, but before she could respond or ask anything more Frigg walked in with tea.

'My dear, please drink this.
It is a calming tea, a herbal blend that  relaxes the body and mind. Now tell me more of this... Book.'

Once more she recounted the tale of the book, and how she was to her mother was a celestial.

'Nitid? I have never heard of her? If she is a celestial like you say she has never made herself known.
I can only assume we somehow captured some of her essence in that book which awakened your power.'

Frigg looked to Loki 'We cannot yet tell Thor or your Father. They are quick to temper and action. They are not as measured in their decision making.'

Loki nodded in agreement and Frigg stood and opened her small writing desk. In it was a box black with a paw emblazoned on the front.

'This cuff will protect and help you control your power. It is a bracelet made from one of the most precious of metals, Vibranium. It comes from the Kingdom of Wakanda, and it is extremely powerful and protective.' It clicked on Y/N's wrist, and she couldn't help but feel shackled.

'The power will contain itself. But It will take time.' Frigg reassured.

Y/N nodded, she wasn't liking the feeling of the cuff, no matter how it would protect her.

'Now with this you can learn to control your power without consequences.'

'All magic comes with a price,' Y/N said 'we just don't know what it is yet.'

Loki put his hand in hers pulled her up. 'We will do this together. We will get through and find a way to conquer this.'

Although she knew he was well meaning, part of her could not accept this. She didn't want the power all she wanted was a life as normal as could be. But another part of her wanted to know more. About her birth mother, about what had happend and why she never knew any of this.

Hand in hand Loki and Y/N walked outside to the gardens for a walk and refresh. Y/N felt more calm and confident as they walked together enjoying the air.

'I have a small surprise for you Y/N' said Loki with a sly grin.

'Oh...no, Loki. I dont really do surprises...' She pulled away a little worried, there had been enough excitement for one day and she didn't need any more.

'No, you will like this one, I promise.' He lead her down a small gravel path. They trudged through under willow trees and lavender the smell was intoxicating and the whole area shimmered with blue gold.

As they came closer, she saw underneath an apple blossom tree, a picnic had been laid out. Y/N smiled at the sight. She always wanted to have a pic nice like this but had never been able to find the time or place back home. And here was Loki pulling out of the bag with the bougiest picnic she had ever seen. There was wine, cheeses, bread and all sorts of delicious tid bits.

'You don't like it?' Loki questioned worried.

'No...I mean yeah I love it, it's just... unexpected.'

'Well, from now on expect it. Every day will be filled with nothing but joy.' He beamed at her like a fool, at least that is what she thought he looked like.

'Now that is something you can not promise. Happiness every day? That is impossible.' She sat down at the picnic and picked up the wine pouring them both a glass.

'Challenge accepted.' He smiled.

They spent the next forty-five minuets eating and laughing, so much so she almost forgot the mornings attack.

All was going well until a servant came running over to inform Loki that there was some boundary issue with two locals. Loki made his apologies and promised he would return at any moment.

Y/N lay back on the picnic blanket and closed her eyes everything was perfect. She closed her eyes for a moment and when she opened them and saw the blossoms from the tree floating around her. She quickly realised she was doing it. She sat up and looked around, with every in and out breath she saw nature around her move with it.

'Well you are coming into your powers nicely!' She turned to see Brokkr stood there laughing.

'You, will we ever be rid of you?' She glared at him, she couldn't forget what he had done all in the name of revenge.

'Oh my dear you simply misinterpreted my actions. You know... I have known you for a long time. Its nice to see you again after so long.'

'What do you mean?' She spat.

'My, my, what a temper. You know, when you're angry... you look just like your mother.'