Split Apart

The Palace was buzzing with activity, Loki had ordered a gathering of soldiers to discover where Y/N had gone.

'The last place she was seen was the garden, Thor confirmed this.' The guard clicked his heels to Loki and walked away.

How is she gone, and where? He thought as he scoured the map.

'We need to comb every inch of the Forest, every cave and cavern. I want eyes and ears on the look out for outsiders and... Frost Giants.' Loki announced to the remaining soldiers.

Loki began packing up his books and maps as the rest of the soldiers filed out of the hall. Thor entered twirling the hammer ready for business.

'Brother, I am assembling a team to the outer reaches, we will search the entirety of the nine realms if we have to.'

'Thor I appreciate your help in this matter. But I feel that I may have scared her away. Maybe she left because of me...'

Thor furrowed his brow and snatched his beard 'What are you talking about. That woman adores you, that's true enough. And what did you do?'

'I feel I may have scared her. I told her I wanted to have a discussion with her, a private discussion. I fear I may have scared her away.'

Thor sighed. Loki was obviously overthinking it, and there was most likely a reasonable explanation for all of this.

'Loki, I don't believe she would leave without a word. And neither do you. We will find her brother, whatever it takes. You have my word.'

And with that Thor marched out, leaving Loki with his maps and reports. Loki slumped into his seat. He hadn't protected her as he had promised. He brought his hand to his forehead, his brow had been so furrowed that it had caused a monumental headache. He could sense something was wrong, that she was in danger. He hoped she had just run away out of fear. But there was nowhere to run to other than the forest of Asgard.

Suddenly his headache burst through, fresh white hot pain in his chest as if he were being cut. The feeling of ties being cut, tethers being burned and connections being torn made his whole being tremble. He feel to the floor writhing in agony and he felt heat ooze from his chest and thought he heard Y/N scream and so did he in response. Silence. His ears were ringing and eyes filled with water, he had no idea what had transpired but knew ultimately it was connected with Y/N. How could it not be?

He sat down wanting to pass out but keeping every muscle striving for consciousness. Thor came running in.

'Loki, what happened? I heard you screaming!'

'It's her. I think, she was trying to tell me something. Thor, she is suffering, she is being tortured.'

Thor closed his eyes dismayed at the thought. 'Do you know who took her?'

'No, but I do.'

Thor and Loki turned.

'Brokkr.' Sighed Thor. He knew also the past between he and Loki.

'How did I know you had something to do with this?' Loki growled and picked up his dagger and launched at Brokkr with pure unadulterated rage.

Brokkr froze him in place immobilising him in an instant.

'You underestimate me Loki, you know better than that.'

Brokkr flinched and looked down at a dagger at his neck. Loki who was stood in front of him now dissapeared and the real one ready to slit his throat.

'You have but moments to tell me where Y/N is, or I slit your throat and expose your blood to the palace floor.'

Brokkr laughed 'lets not be too hasty friend, after all you're going to need my help if you're going to save her from her captors.' He teased.

Loki knew now he would have to put his faith in what this imp had to say.

Standing back Loki let Brokkr go and held the dagger up to Brokkr's face.

'Tell me what you know.' Loki seethed.

'It's quite simple really. She was kidnapped and I saw the ship that took her. And the captors.'

_______________________________________

Y/N woke with a ringing headache, her chest hurt and she was sure if she didn't get healed soon she would be in trouble.

She looked up to see both Nebula and Gamora quietly bickering and Korath sleeping in the corner. She closed her eyes trying to will the headache away but no use.

Y/N sat up and winced in pain as the skin on her chest burned and itched. Infection, bloody great she thought as she noticed she was sweating but shuddering against the cold.

'Hey ladies? Maybe you have an antibiotic or something cause I'm not doing too good here.'

'You will be fine for Thanos, thats all we need do, get you to him.' Nebula stated matter of factly.

'I wasn't talking to you Baldilocks, I was talking to Princess Finnart over there. What do you say? Heal me?'

Gamora walked over, Y/N thought she was in for a punch to the face.

'Take this, it's a hailjan. It should stave off the pain and infection. It won't heal you though. Thanos wants you weak.'

Y/N took it from her popping in her mouth. She chewed the bitter herb and pulled her face.

Nebula walked away in disgust, as if making Y/N comfortable was a disgrace to her name and Y/N rolled her eyes.

'Who is she to you?' Y/N asked spitting out the remnants of the herb.

'She is my sister, and you would do well to respect her.' Gamora seethed.

'Then why don't you? You obviously disagree with her. I can tell you don't want to take me to Thanos. Any idiot can see that. So why work with her?'

'My father IS Thanos you stupid girl. I owe him my very existence. He saved me from extinction and disease.' Gamora looked taken aback with her questions.

'Wait he is your father? Your actual father?' Y/N said confused.

'I thought he was... more like her.'

'I am adopted. When my family died he took me in.'

Y/N threw her head back she finally understood. 'Ah I see. He killed your family didn't he?'

Gamora looked away from Y/N, face like stone. 'That's it. He killed the people you loved. And now what? You're his hunting dog?'

Y/N laughed a little 'So he destroys your world and you help him make his. You know he wants to find all the stones right? He wants to use them to destroy everything. You going to let him do the same to others as he did to you? I know what it is to lose everything Gamora. But I didn't go make a deal with the devil that destroyed my life like you.'

A hard back hand came across Y/N's face shutting her up.

'Yoh know, its too bad that Thanos wants to destroy you himself.' Gamora grabbed Y/N's face holding it in place. 'I would happily take the task.'

Gamora backed away and went back to the cockpit of the ship. It was possibly a big mistake pissing her off, but Y/N wasn't thinking about that. If she was going to die, she wanted to get a few cheap shots in wherever she could.
_______________________________________

'You will have one chance, and one chance only to tell me who is behind this.' Loki Shouted down Brokkr's ear, who only laughed it off.

'Oh I think you know who took her Loki.' He laughed. 'Thanos has been looking for her for some time. And now, he has her. Because you... are an idiot.'

Loki pressed the blade to Brokkr's throat. 'Loki we need him if we are find Y/N.' Warned Thor.

'He is right,' a voice came from the shadows. Nitid stepped out of the dark and into the light. 'You are both idiots. You have been searching Asgard when we need tk be searching the skies, we need to be searching for a ship belonging to Thanos. I felt my daughter's panic, and pain. And I felt her call out to you Loki. And you didn't hear it?'

Loki narrowed his eyes as Nitid mocked him. 'Seriously, what my daughter sees in a pretty boy like you I will never know.'