Springs and Waterfalls

'Nitid, come on now you can make it' Y/N whispered as she held her up, attempting to decrease the blood flow.

'It's too late Y/N, the weapon used was meant to kill a celestial. It could have killed you.' Brokkr kneeled down beside Y/N and looked to Nitid 'It looks like your road ends here.'

Y/N shot him an icy glare then looked back to Nitid. All the cruel things she had said to her came rushing back. The way she had blamed her for all her life and feeling outcast, the way she had felt like she was missing a huge chunk of her life and it turning out to be true after years of feeling crazy and lost. She had blamed it ALL on Nitid. When in reality, Nitid had made the right call on everything whether she liked to admit it or not.

'There is a way to undo this.' Gamora murmured. All eyes turned to her in suspicion except for Y/N's, who trusted Gamora as she had now twice saved her. 'There was a spring here many years ago, created by a God by the name of Asclepius. He raised the spring and it is said to have great healing powers. It could heal anything.' Gamora looked deep into Y/N's eyes and she realised what she was telling her.

'So if we find this we can heal Y/N's mother?' Thor asked and Gamora confirmed with a nod. 

'Do you know where this place is?' Loki moved over to sit with Y/N and put a hand on her shoulder in support. Y/N looked to him and motioned him to help lift Nitid up to a small broken cart discarded by the side still filled with a little straw and hessian sacks, which was the only comfortable looking thing in this whole area. As they carried her, Nitid wept in pain which only made Y/N feel even worse for her past actions.

'You need to leave here, with Loki. Leave me here.' Nitid insisted but Y/N wouldn't listen to any of her protests. Gamora asked Y/N for the map gifted to them by the boy, and Y/N Complied.

'The spring flows from the highest point of the planet, and straight to the base of the Grove there.' Gamora pointed to the map which showed an outline of trees, green and lush surrounded by what seemed to be a shimmering light. Looking over the map itself it was filled with sights and dangers, many of then in the way of their journey to the Grove.

'So we take her there. Nitid will have to come with us.' Y/N said and began packing up.

'We are all going.' Thor stood forward as did Loki and Brokkr. And for the first time, Y/N felt confident they could do this.

_______________________________________

Heat from the planet's sun beat down in unforgiving rays that made Y/N's skin prickle. Loki cast his cloak over her, in a way to hide her from the heat, and she smiled to him.

'The first thing I want to do when we get back to Asgard, is get you into the clothing befitting your status. No queen of mine will ever wear rags again.'

She rolled her eyes, he was always so gallant and raining down gifts on her but it kind of got a bit much at times.

'Well I can't wait to get our wedding organised, or even passed by Odin.' She walked forward and he had paused. He hadn't thought of Odin, he who would most object to the union.

'We don't have to go back to Asgard. We could go somewhere else?' Loki suggested, and she turned to him questioningly.

'You can't be serious? Asgard is your home.'

He looked down and spoke in a quiet voice. 'It hasn't been my home for a long time. It never was.'

Y/N looked around to ensure ears were not listening in. 'Does Thor know? About you I mean.'