The Wager

'Brokkr, what are you doing?' Shouted Loki.

'Have you gone mad?' Said Thor.

'No,' answered Brokkr, 'I am taking control of my future for once.'

'This isn't right, you can't just take her!' Nitid took Y/N's arm and held her back.

'You will have you get through us first.' Thor held up his hammer ready to fight.

'If I might interject,' Brokkr spoke holding his hands up 'why don't we make it into a game, a wager?'

'I'm listening...' Gryla started.

'In the days of old in Asgard, anything that could not be agreed on would be halved. Land dispute? The land would be divided, Food stolen and they couldn't prove the owners? Halved.'

Loki rolled his eyes and looked to the sky. 'This is insane, we cannot split
Y/N in two!'

'Place her in a circle, both Gryla and Nitid take an arm. Whoever can pull her to them, whoever is strongest gets to keep her, or...'

'Or?' Loki asked with urgency and panic.

'Or, her body will be ripped in two.' Brokkr laughed maniacally while the others gasped in horror, Gryla smiling triumphant.

'I'll do it. I will take the wager.'said Nitid. Loki pulled her to one side angrily and Nitid shrugged him off.

'What do you think you are doing, you will kill her! She is only half celestial.' Loki argued. Nitid waved him away, more annoyed with his interference.

'It's the only way. I cannot have Gryla take her, if there is a chance I can win then I will do it.'

Y/N stood still while both Gryla and Nitid stood at each side. The others backed up creating a circle around them.

Both Gryla and Nitid took one of Y/N's arms and looked at one another. Y/N looked to Loki who kept his eye on her.

'Are we ready ladies?' Brokkr smiled, 'Then let's go!'

Nitid and Gryla began to pull on Y/N's arms. Pulling her from one side to the other, both matching each other in strength. Y/N stood there stick still, tears streaming down her face, she began to cry audibly. It was small at first, quiet wimpers on pain but then quickly grew into screams of absolute agony.

'Stop, stop it!' Nitid cried.

'You heard her, stop!' Thor ran over but was quickly held back by Loki, 'What are you doing brother she will die!'

'Will you yield then?' Gryla smiled.

Nitid looked at Y/N with the tears streaming down her face.

'I can't! I can't!' Nitid screamed with tears and she let go. Y/N went spinning out of control into Grylas clutches.

'You poor thing,' Gryla cooed as she stroked Y/N's face. 'Don't worry you will have a real mother now.' She smiled.

Y/N smiled back and looked back to the others. Brokkr nodded and watched as they walked away.

'That wasn't so hard was it Nitid?' Gyla asked with a hit of smugness at her victory. 'Yout ship will be available to you now, I have no need of you. Get offnthis planet, and never return.' Gryla walked away with
Y/N into the deep woods and did not turn back.

'You let her go brother!' Thor wrestled himself out of Loki's grip, 'What have you done?'

'What I needed to. What we all needed to do.' Loki replied.

_______________________________________

'I do not understand, how could you let that... that witch take her?' Cried Nitid, 'don't you love her Loki?'