✧ thirty-six ✧

While I had intentions of writing what's in chapter 38, @Cheese449 helped encourage🎥🎥📹📹📸😈😈😈

It was Christmas morning! Well, Christmas afternoon. It was around 1PM when Corpse finally came over to Liv's apartment. It had taken her forever to wake up because she had done some camming the night before, but she was awake now.

She worked her ass off making fresh blueberry pancakes and bacon so that when Corpse came, she could feed him. A fed Corpse is a happy Corpse.

When Corpse exited the elevator and walked towards Liv's door, he did not expect what he saw when he walked in.

Her whole apartment was slightly smokey but her Christmas tree was lit up. There were lots of presents under her tree, and she stood in front of her stove. There was a plate full of pancakes and a bunch of cooking ingredients littering the counter. From behind, he could tell she was wearing a Christmas sweater along with deer antlers on her head. Corpse breathed in the smokey smell that was overpowered by the scent of bacon. He closed the door behind him, making Liv turn around.

One hand with a spatula in it and the other holding a pan, she smiled widely. There was a smudge of flour across her cheek.

"Merry Christmas!" She said excitedly. Corpse couldn't help the laugh he gave.

"Merry Christmas but... oh my god, what happened?" Corpse took off his shoes then put his keys on the counter. He was quick to approach Liv as he was happy to see her.

"What do you mean?" Liv looked confused, then she realized. "Oh, yea. I kinda burnt a pancake or two, whoops. Schlatt called in the middle of cooking and told me he was coming over later."

"I barely left for a night and you're already burning the place down?" Corpse joked, walking towards a window to crack it.

"I didn't burn shit! We're still standing, right?" Liv flung her arms to create emphasis, nearly letting the bacon slip off the pan. She cursed and put it back on the stove.

Corpse snorted. "Yea, barely." He made his way back over to her and put his hands on her hips from behind.

He gave her a wet kiss on the cheek, which she cringed at but went with it. Corpse grabbed a plate so she could put the bacon on it. He observed Liv as she carefully placed the bacon onto the plate while leaning into him. He had no problem following her closely as she set it on her island.

"I'm a chef." She claimed.

"Do chef's burn their food often?"

Liv scoffed and turned around with an offended look on her cute face. She still had flour on her cheek.

"Only incredibly talented ones, obviously." Liv jokingly rolled her eyes as she spoke. Corpse lifted a hand to her face and Liv tried her best to ignore the butterflies she got from it. He still made her feel so alive and safe. She leaned into his touch as he wiped her cheek.

"You're a messy chef." Corpse teased her. He really loved poking fun at her, especially when she poked back just as often. It made him feel like she was always on the same level as her.

Liv's eyes flickered down to his lips, then back up at his brown eyes. They squinted slightly as he smiled and she couldn't help but to breathe him in. He was gone for less than 24 hours and she already missed him like crazy. His lips got closer and closer to hers and Liv felt her eyes flutter shut out of habit.

"It got the job done though, did it not?"

"Mhm..." It sounded like Corpse wasn't even listening to her as he held her waist and brushed her nose with his. "I'm sure it tastes amazing."