✧ forty-two ✧

I love how I started this story lowkey scared about swearing and now all i do is swear
ALSO GOOD STUFF COMIN CH 43/44

Liv was lucky that she had planning her New Year's Eve party to keep her mind occupied. It was a good distraction from the guilt, shame, and embarrassment she felt about her reaction to someone telling her they loved her. Corpse, on the other hand, was left with his thoughts.

He got home that night with a pit in his stomach and he slept alone for the first time in a while. Lying in bed at night, he couldn't get his body to shut down and his mind to quit racing. He remembered the high he had felt that day from the excitement and adrenaline, all the way to the low mood he felt when she didn't respond how he wanted her to. Corpse was so sure she felt the same, like 97% sure. She looked at him the same way he thought he looked at her anyways. Whenever they would talk about their lives, they always assumed the other would still be there in the future.

Maybe it was just the wrong time, wrong place. That was the only thought keeping Corpse going. Maybe he should have waited until that night, maybe he should have waited until she said it first. Either way, it was done. The ball was basically in her court now. Although he felt hurt and wanted to know her answer, he knew he should give her some space.

The day before Liv's famous New Year's Eve party, Corpse got an unexpected text. He felt his heart rate pick up, thinking it was Liv. But it plummeted when he saw it was just Schlatt.

JSchlatt🤡: you're coming new years, right?

Corpse furrowed his brows. He was surprised Liv's best friend was texting him.

Liv's future husband💀: i dont know if i'm invited

JSchlatt🤡: !!!!!!

JSchlatt🤡: of course you're invited man

With a sigh, Corpse felt the familiar anxiety bud in his stomach when he thought about parties. The last one he went to was Liv's 3Mill party, and he remembered staying at the edges of the crowd for the majority of it. Even though the end result was fantastic. He even remembered the first time he saw Liv in person, causing butterflies to erupt in his stomach like they never had before. Corpse also remembered the challenge they were going through the couple days before that party as well, much like they were with this one. He just hoped they could work through this one as well.

He did not want to lose her. No, he wasn't going to lose her. He refused to.

Corpse held his breath as he typed out a risky text, or what he thought was a risky text.

Liv's future husband💀: how's Liv doing?

He waited nearly five minutes for an answer, his foot tapping against the floor. He nonchalantly fiddled with the matching bracelet he had put back on, making his wrist look less bare.

JSchlatt🤡: she still hasn't talked to you?

Huh? Corpse didn't know if that made him feel better or worse about the situation.

Liv's future husband💀: noo

JSchlatt🤡: she has been pretty busy, i'm sure she'll hit you up soon

JSchlatt🤡: she's real good at ignoring her issues

Yeah, he could tell.

Corpse let out a breath. At least Schlatt was on his side, and by the looks of it he knew what went down as well. He seemed trustworthy, considering he kept Corpse's big secret so he wasn't surprised that Schlatt knew about this situation too.