✧ forty-one ✧

Ya'll know I love writing fanfic angst (;
Also that's the VIP room except imagine it's bigger and there's a circular bar in the middle ^^

Walking into the building, Liv was easily impressed. It was a big open area with comfy chairs around the edges and an array of LED lights on the ceiling. At the right side, there was a long bar with numerous bottles lined up behind it. There was also a DJ booth at the back centre of the room.

"Oh wow." Liv said, looking over to the squad she was with. It was Fitz, Sam, Ryan, and Schlatt. She was holding true to her decision to hold a New Year's Eve party, so the Misfits offered to help her with it. On her left was Schlatt and Traves, while the other three were on her right. They had been cracking jokes at her every chance they got, not that Liv minded. It was humorous. The man touring the place stood in front of them with his arm out.

Overall the place was very clean and modern looking. Perfect for the occasion.

"This is lookin' real nice, huh boys." Fitz said, crossing his arms. The Misfits' managers and Schlatt agreed. "And girl, my bad don't knife me."

Liv scoffed and rolled her eyes at the reference to her chat room. She still couldn't help the smile she cracked. It was December 29th, and it had been a day since Corpse said that thing to her. Just thinking about it arose guilty feelings in her gut. It has proven to be quite easy to pretend that nothing was wrong around her friends, hence the tour of the club they wanted to reserve.

After Corpse had said that, Liv froze. She wouldn't lie, it was one of her most shameful moments yet. She continuously played the confused and hurt look on his pretty face when he took the mask off. Then she stuttered out a reply, something stupid like "oh really?" She felt so fucking stupid about it now. She remembered the way he walked out of the room after, and she remembered the exact thoughts she had as she lay there with him now gone. Why hadn't she said it back? What made her freeze? She even had the audacity to ask for a day for think about it! What the fuck was she on?! After such an intimate interaction and performance on camera, she knew it was awful to do that. To just leave him hanging and basically kick him to the curb like that. He must feel so awful. And it was her fault.

She didn't know why she froze. Maybe it was her past trauma? Her lying ex-boyfriend? Something about the idea of someone telling her they loved her just flipped a switch in her brain. Like an old experience in her past was triggered and she immediately acted out of pure instinct then ran. She was an idiot, she knew it.

Liv barely realized she was clenching her fists within the pockets of her green camo joggers. She also wore an orange crop top that she hadn't worn in a while and a black wind breaker. The diamond necklace on her neck felt extra heavy, as well as the earrings she had in. She tried to distract herself by fiddling with the other chain hanging down her neck.

The man walked them past the long, glass counter bar and back towards a door. The bouncer at the door gave them a nod and let them in. Inside the room, there were glass circular tables that lined the long white couches along every wall. It was a spacey square room that opened up directly behind the DJ's booth but was completely cut off from the rest of the club. In the corner was a hallway that seemed to lead away to bathrooms. Their was also a circular bar in the middle of the room. It was like a second club attached to the other one, but more lowkey.

"And this space can be completely private, VIP, or whatever you guys want as well. Then when you wanna do your drinking, dancing you can go back out and join the party." The man in the black polo shirt was trying to sell the group on something they already seemed to know they were going through with.

"Okay well we definitely have to have everything red, right? Maybe line the wall with knives?" Schlatt reasoned with a shit eating grin, looking towards the group. Fitz, Sam, and Ryan gave knowing laughs and weird Aussie noises. At this point, Liv knew they had to have all seen her collab. Schlatt threw Liv a look with a raised brow making her crack a stupid smile.