✧ forty-nine ✧

I will probably put out a chapter every other day, uni is kickin my sweet ass❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

"What the fuck do I do?!" Liv whisper-yelled, standing in front of Schlatt. He had his hand in his hair and a stressed look on his face. Corpse and Traves stood aside, watching and listening to the interaction but not really knowing what to do.

"I got no fuckin' clue!" Schlatt answered. "He said who he was and I didn't know if I should punch him or slap him?!"

Liv was conflicted. Her dad stood outside her door. The man who left her and her family three years ago with only a note. No warning, nothing. Liv didn't know what to do. Her thoughts were going a thousand miles a minute. One second she was ecstatic about her boyfriend moving in, the next her anxiety was skyrocketing and the dude who left her family was outside.

With a hand against her forehead and focused eyes, she scanned Corpse who stood at the side. She took in his expression, his body language, the reassurance in his eyes. Her eyes returned to her best friend after a couple seconds.

"Do you think he's left yet?" Liv asked.

Schlatt scoffed.

"Most definitely not, he wants to talk to his own flesh and blood. I don't think he'd miss that opportunity."

"He already did once." Liv sighed, rolling her eyes. "Should I lock the door?"

Traves, Schlatt, and Corpse all simultaneously shrugged. They were no help.

"Well should I at least hear what he has to say?" She asked.

The question rang throughout the room, no one answering for a while.

"Is that what you want?" Corpse spoke up, coming to stand next to his stressed girlfriend. She found comfort in his touch and warmth in his voice. She was so lucky he was there for her.

Did she?

"Like, not really. But I feel like I should..." Liv trailed off.

After casting a worried glance to Liv, Schlatt watched her give Corpse's hand a squeeze. Then she slowly walked to the door.

"I am not talking to him alone." Liv claimed, nearing the door.

"Are you letting him in?!" Traves whispered loudly. They hoped the man outside couldn't hear what was going on in here.

"What else am I supposed to do?!" Liv whispered back.

"This is fucked." Schlatt finally said.

Everyone was all stressed and concerned, not knowing what to expect. What would he say?

She could just lock the door and forget this ever happened... She could lock it and never open it again with the hope that her dad didn't come back. Liv wouldn't lie, she heavily considered it. But wasn't she obligated to hear him out? He was reaching out. At the same time, Liv felt offended. He came to her house! How did he even find out where she lived? If he didn't have a reasonable explanation to leaving her family, then she would be done with it. For good this time. He was lucky Liv was a decently generous person.

Against her better judgement, Liv slowly opened her door. And there he stood. The man who left her family, who influenced her fall into a deep depression, who let her family fend for themselves. She didn't know what she would say. Should she get mad? Should she let it play out? Liv opted for the latter with no facial expression.

She was so thankful she had her friends behind her or she was sure she would've locked the door. Maybe even hit him.

The man had black hair like hers, but he had green eyes with slight bags underneath them. He looked exhausted. His facial features were prominent and strong, but he wore a soft smile. Liv noticed an ear piercing in his left ear lobe with a green gem, peridot. Her birth stone. The man Liv had called her dad wore a casual but business outfit, black dress pants, a white tshirt, and a black blazer. His presence was slightly intimidating, much like how Liv remembered. She also remembered how she used to attempt to copy it when she was younger.