Chapter 27

Ryder's P.O.V.

Grayson planted a kiss on my cheek, before working his way down my neck. His lips were gentle against my skin as I stared at the ceiling, my eyes dared to close shut in pleasure. I bit back a sound of satisfaction when Gray found a sensitive spot on my neck. He seemed to notice as a smirk formed against my bare skin. Grayson pulled away and hovered his body over my own. His lips were just mere centimeters from mine as his eyes stared into my blue ones. I felt his warm breath as he leaned down, ready to capture his lips in my own.

I shot up from bed with a jolt as sweat took over my body. I quickly gathered my surroundings and realized I was in my own room, all alone. My breath was unsteady as I placed a hand against my rapidly beating heart.

What the fuck was that.

Did I just have a dream about Grayson?

Ew. ew. GROSS. Why did my stupid head have a dream about stupid Grayson! More importantly, a dream where Grayson was kissing me. I fell back into my bed staring at my ceiling. But of course that reminded me of the dream I just had so I quickly jumped out of bed. I need to shower and possibly scrub my brain to get rid of that gross disgusting nightmare.

I hopped in the shower letting the hot water consume me and my thoughts. Today was Thursday which means the second day of suspension. I'm supposed to go over Nick's tomorrow for the movie night and as Veronica said I'm guessing he will be inviting Grayson. Speaking of, yesterday was fucking weird. He's been acting incredibly off lately and I'm not sure why. After talking to his mom it seems like she is doing alright for now so I don't know why Grayson is acting like this.

Getting out of the shower, I changed into some fresh clothes and made my way downstairs for breakfast. As I rummaged through all the cabinets I realized there was hardly any food left in the house. With a loud groan I slammed the cabinet and sat down on the couch in the living room. I definitely need to go to the store but everyone says your not supposed to go food shopping when you're hungry. I guess for now I can go to the diner and grab some food, then go shopping later today.

Okay, I have to think who I can ask to go with me so I don't look like a loser eating by myself. Veronica, well she's in school. Nick (even though he's not my friend), well fuck, he's in school too. Do I really have no one other than Veronica and sometimes annoying Nick?

My fingers hovered over his stupid name as I bit my lip hard in thought. Finally I pressed on the contact, putting the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" Grayson panted sounding out of breath. My mind instantly shot to my dream making my eyes widen as I lost any words I was going to say, "Ryder?"

I snapped out of my thoughts, rushing to get words out.

"Why are you panting?" I asked quickly. Really Ryder? I wanted to punch myself in the face.

"I just got done with my run, why? What's up?" I heard noise on the other end so I'm assuming he just got home and was walking around the house.

"You shouldn't be running with a bad wrist" I pointed out trying to avoid my embarrassing question. Also, even though he hurt his wrist and not his leg, he's still moving it around when he jogs which will end up hurting him more. Not that I care.

"Did you need something Ryder?" I could feel him roll his eyes.

"I'm just bored. I guess, or whatever. I'm also hungry and shit" I'm such an idiot, holy shit.

"Ryder," Grayson laughed, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Do you want to go get food?" I spit out before I could even get a chance to stop myself. The line was silent for a while.