Chapter 17

Ryder's P.O.V.

I'm still stressing out about opening up to Grayson. I've never told anyone my story before so I can't help to think I made a mistake. Tony only knows bits about my life and my past but that's from him piecing things together.

Our relationship has obviously changed. I smile thinking of how far we've come. From spilling my lunch on his 'precious jacket', to sitting on the roof talking. It's crazy how we went from completely hating each other, to actually being there and having someone to talk too.

I think about how everything is going with his mom. Then I think about everything happening with my dad. I sighed. I feel like we all need a break at life sometimes. A smile came to my face. I quickly grabbed my phone and dialed his number.

"Hello?" Grayson mumbled.

"Hey we're going to the beach today" I smiled.

"No"

"No?"

"No."

"Grayson stop being an ass. We're going to the beach today with Nick and Veronica"

"Since when?"

"Since now. Get dressed and get your stuff together, I'll pick you up in a few"

"Ryder-" I hung up with a big smile. I guess now I have to call Nick and Veronica.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I texted Veronica who said she would go. The thing is she thinks only the two of us are going. I didn't tell her Grayson was going because then she would think that she's 'third wheeling', and I didn't tell her Nick was going because she would be to nervous and back out. Plus I told her to wear a bikini to 'work on our tan'. Nick will thank me later.

I texted Nick asking him to come. He denied right away with fucking attitude might I add. But he quickly changed his mind when I told him Veronica was coming. I smirked as I changed into my swimsuit and threw on a tank top and shorts over it. I hopped in my car and made my way to Grayson's house. I texted him I was here and hummed along to a song on the radio as I waited for him to come out. He finally emerged from his front door with blue swimming trunks and a red tank top. He had sunglasses on and a snap back on backwards. Damn he looked good.

"Heyyy bitch" I smirked as he hopped into the passenger seat. He threw me a glare and took his sunglasses off, hooking them on his shirt.

"I seriously don't want to be here" he groaned as a I pulled out of his driveway and made my way to Nick's house.

"I figured you and I could both use a break" I said glancing over at him. He smiled slightly but that quickly turned into a scowl.

"Then why are Nick and Veronica coming?" he asked but honestly he seemed like he was trying to mask jealousy for a moment. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but quickly shook it off, and replaced it with a smirk.

"I decided to play matchmaker for the day. Well Veronica doesn't know Nick is going but it's fine. She'll secretly be really happy"

I finally pulled up to Nick's house. Him and Grayson did this weird man hug greeting thing then Nick jumped in the back seat. He popped his head in between me and Grayson's heads and kissed my cheek.

"Hey Ryder" he smiled.

"Hey Nick" I chuckled. Grayson growled and as I looked over I saw a pout cover his face. I let out an 'aw' and reached over and pinched his cheek. He rolled his eyes and pushed my hand away causing me to laugh again.

"Where's Veronica?" Nick asked impatiently.

"We're going to pick her up now dipshit" I rolled my eyes.